Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29290269
No new orders today 13255170
Stupid MLS comments. 3540401
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1343250
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1186401
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1128713
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 912439
Let's talk about our cars 765248
Most common items found at an REO 692043
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 676578
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 668597
REOTRANS 514548
Main Street 501430
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 455826
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 391501
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 369055
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405206 - 04/18/12 01:48 AM Listing agents choosing the BPO agent
12 step 4 BPOs? Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Land of Tree Huggers
we have a broker who was recently suspended for very inappropriate actions in conducting short sales, dual representation, but hiding it behind another broker's name....same old stuff.

Well, that same broker was a POC for a BPO. He told the rep that he didn't want me doing the order because I came in too high on another one and that makes it too hard to negotiate with the bank...

Best part? They came back on the line and told me they would be reassigning the order. If only English were their strong suit, this might have ended better. Instead, I lost the order...

Advertisements
#405208 - 04/18/12 02:23 AM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: 12 step 4 BPOs?]
AgentinMA Offline

Loc: Boston Metro
I had something similar happen to me last year. A local agent that has a pretty poor reputation had listed a 3-Family as a short sale. Lucky me I got the BPO. Made the appointment and got a call fromn the mill that the order was being reassigned. They told me the list agent called the bank and stated that I was unprofessional and couldn't be impartial. The property ended up being sold as a short sale under value. It ended up being flipped and convereted to condos by guess who... He ended up selling all three condos as well. I called him out on everything and he denied it. Whatever, what comes around goes around. If he keeps doing business like that he's going to get bitten in the [censored].

#405222 - 04/18/12 01:17 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: 12 step 4 BPOs?]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
@ AgentinMA you saw a bank get defrauded and you didn't report it?

#405223 - 04/18/12 01:21 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: 12 step 4 BPOs?]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
The Banks would not like to hear that the Mills cave in so easily.

Someone could tell them; it's their money being squandered.

#405237 - 04/18/12 07:10 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: Vermont]
AgentinMA Offline

Loc: Boston Metro
Originally Posted By: Vermont
The Banks would not like to hear that the Mills cave in so easily.

Someone could tell them; it's their money being squandered.

In my case it was the bank that caved and called the mill to have the order reassigned.

Bigtoe I expressed my concerns and they fell on deaf ears.

#405655 - 04/26/12 05:58 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: AgentinMA]
REO DISPATCH Offline

Loc: REPO VILLE USA
I hope this isnt to far off topic but I did a bpo and the listing agent called me and said it was to hi and the listing agent wants to hire me to perform a bpo on his behalf... Conflict or no?
Thanks for any input and feel free to message me if you prefer..

#405656 - 04/26/12 06:00 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: REO DISPATCH]
CandyMan Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: California
If it's on the same property, you would have a conflict for sure.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's learning how to dance in the rain".

#405661 - 04/26/12 06:24 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: CandyMan]
REO DISPATCH Offline

Thanks candyman, I do smell fraud on this property as well....

#405663 - 04/26/12 06:37 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: REO DISPATCH]
CandyMan Offline
Major Contributor

A thought to ponder..........The agent may be setting you up...

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's learning how to dance in the rain".

#405678 - 04/26/12 08:12 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: CandyMan]
REO DISPATCH Offline

I hear ya candyman... Just wasnt sure how the law read but dont want to really get involved if legal anyways.. My gut is telling me to run and my gut is usually right wink

#405700 - 04/27/12 02:40 AM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: Bigtoe]
12 step 4 BPOs? Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Land of Tree Huggers
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe

HA HA HA!!! Have you ever tried? You can't get through the customer no service agents on the front lines. I have been asked "do we have authorization to speak with you?" when I tried to report fraud. I try and try and try....and NOBODY cares!!!

#405719 - 04/27/12 10:23 AM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: 12 step 4 BPOs?]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: 12 step 4 BPOs?

HA HA HA!!! Have you ever tried? You can't get through the customer no service agents on the front lines. I have been asked "do we have authorization to speak with you?" when I tried to report fraud. I try and try and try....and NOBODY cares!!!

Of course you are going to be ignored when you try to report the offending company to the offending company.

The FBI is the organization that investigates bank fraud and their phone number is in the phone book.

Edited by Bigtoe (04/27/12 10:23 AM)

#406701 - 05/13/12 05:58 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: 12 step 4 BPOs?]
TheBPOExpert Offline

Loc: Georgia
don't know about you guys but I don't get bogged down in all this. So what, let them reassign the order. I'm in the bpo business. I don't have time to waste calling whoever. I move on to the next one. There will always be shady bpo agents. The only time I do anything besides moving on to the next one if is another agent jeopardizes my relationship with one of the company's assigning me the bpos. I will fight on that.

#406704 - 05/13/12 07:48 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: Bigtoe]
REODayton Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Dayton Ohio
Originally Posted By: 12 step 4 BPOs?

Of course you are going to be ignored when you try to report the offending company to the offending company.

The FBI is the organization that investigates bank fraud and their phone number is in the phone book.

How many times have you called the FBI? Just curious.

#406707 - 05/13/12 09:11 PM Re: Listing agents choosing the BPO agent [Re: REODayton]
CandyMan Offline
Major Contributor

REO Dayton

I call them weekly.......always nice to know where they're holding their next party....lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Will1329, OpClassicGal, TonywithAM, EWcontractor, AnnyGraell
31077 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (brady12Pats), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Trouble 13
CathCoy 11
Long Walk 10
Bigtoe 7
Lucky Leonardo 7
Z06Fanatic 5
Admin 4
Mr. Clean 4
realestategreat 3