Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29353479
No new orders today 13261880
Stupid MLS comments. 3545422
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1346685
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1190411
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1130787
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 914653
Let's talk about our cars 768092
Most common items found at an REO 694067
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 679234
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 669962
REOTRANS 516165
Main Street 504176
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 457075
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 392386
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 370327
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#384442 - 07/26/11 06:30 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: Vermont]
DRSRK Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Originally Posted By: Vermont
I've heard that too big a stud in your eye brow can through off your GPS too. But if it builds your confidence, or you think it makes you look more knowledgeable, go for it !

I have a Seller around here who has a Daughter with a Dragon tattooed on her forehead, and that built her confidence to the point where she had nerve enough to apply for disability because the self-imposed facial oddity has now made her un-employable . . . . and SSI agreed with her. When the Mother sells, the Daughter will have to find a place to live alone.

Another woman here has a Spider Web tattooed across her forehead; but she works as a Waitress and some Patrons think it's a hairnet . . . . that's a little deceptive. At least she's working.

Mind you I'm not making any kind of judgment call . . . . just acknowledging the diversity I see in my travels among the Human Beans.

Maybe I better re think the stud deal I would not want to mess up the GPS and get lost in the desert. It probably would affect cell reception also.
The tattoo on the forehead is interesting.Any thoughts on how big it needs to be to get on the SSI? Might be better money than what a new agent can make.
“There are no secrets to success: don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence.” Colin Powell

Advertisements
#384449 - 07/26/11 06:59 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: DRSRK
". . . Any thoughts on how big it needs to be to get on the SSI? . . ."

I haven't taken precise measurements; but this is one of those that a normal person would see in, let's say a check-out line, and you'd make a point to quickly turn away to gather your thoughts and not stare while thinking . . . . that's what a normal person would do.

But when I'm the Listing Agent and spend time in the house, and have to speak with the person eyeball to eyeball, I often find my eye ball being drawn skyward and looking right into that dragon detail instead of the eyes that are located about 20 millimeters below . . . . and I'm thinking "Why don't you comb your hair down over that thing? What were you thinking? Ever thought about plastic surgery? How often do you get that thing refreshed. When you're in a coffin, will it be open casket? Will the Mortician be given proper instructions?" And I try not to let those thoughts interfere with the words that might be coming out of my mouth.

To answer your question, that dragon must be about 5 centimeters wide and about 2 or 3 high . . . . let's say 2 inches wide and 1.5 inches high.

I don't know if SSI has guidelines for what size tattoo on one's face constitutes a disability . . . . it probably varies with local custom. Never really looked into it . . . . knowledge I've never sought.

#386558 - 08/15/11 02:39 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Well, our Raspberry Season is now just about at an end; but the Bears don't seem to have discovered our patch. We have about about 24 Pints of Berries frozen. Here's what fresh ones look like basking on a bed of Vanilla Ice Cream:

Loaded with Fiber, Beta Carotene and lots of Anti-Oxidants, we consider it to be a perfect Health Food in a Bowl !

I always wondered where the Bears get their Vanilla Ice Cream ?

Our Fall Strawberry Season is just now getting started.

#386590 - 08/15/11 01:51 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: DRSRK]
Grampa Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Margaritaville
Originally Posted By: DRSRK
Originally Posted By: Vermont
I've heard that too big a stud in your eye brow can through off your GPS too. But if it builds your confidence, or you think it makes you look more knowledgeable, go for it !

I have a Seller around here who has a Daughter with a Dragon tattooed on her forehead, and that built her confidence to the point where she had nerve enough to apply for disability because the self-imposed facial oddity has now made her un-employable . . . . and SSI agreed with her. When the Mother sells, the Daughter will have to find a place to live alone.

Another woman here has a Spider Web tattooed across her forehead; but she works as a Waitress and some Patrons think it's a hairnet . . . . that's a little deceptive. At least she's working.

Mind you I'm not making any kind of judgment call . . . . just acknowledging the diversity I see in my travels among the Human Beans.

Maybe I better re think the stud deal I would not want to mess up the GPS and get lost in the desert. It probably would affect cell reception also.
The tattoo on the forehead is interesting.Any thoughts on how big it needs to be to get on the SSI? Might be better money than what a new agent can make.

Jimmy Buffet has a song titled "A permenent reminder of a temporary feeling" that fits this sort of thing quite well.

#394688 - 11/15/11 11:39 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

As promised, here're a few pictures of some Tamarack Trees, just past their prime foliage, and starting to shed their needles. I think Tamarack, along with Larch, are the only forms of deciduous coniferous trees in North America . . . . they're NOT Evergreens.

Here are a couple Tamaracks struggling to survive amidst some White Pine and Fir Trees:

You see, while the Tamarack takes a nap during the Winter, the surrounding evergreens continue growing, crowding out the sleeping Tamaracks. Behind these trees are the naked limbs of other deciduous trees located at a higher elevation who have already lost all of their leaves.

To survive as a species, the Tamaracks have to find new "open" areas to plant their seeds where they will still find sunlight when they wake up from hibernating during the Winter . . . . here's a group of Tamarack seedlings I found in an open area along a road I travel daily:

They're really quite delicate close-up. (That's my camera case for a dark background) During the Summer, Tamaracks are barely distinquishable from Fir Trees; but these gold needles certainly separate them in the Fall. They're about the last of the Fall Colors to appear, and then depart just before Thanksgiving while we await the Winter's snow:

In contrast to the color of the Tamaracks, and located right in the midst of these youngsters, is this competing energetic Spruce, all green and prepared to gather up what little sunlight is available during the Winter, trying to grow up fast and crowd out the young Tamarack seedlings even while they sleep:

It's a cruel competitive world out there . . . . you snooze and you lose! Holds true in Real Estate too.

At least if you're a Tamarack, no one comes along and chops you down to try and make you into a Christmas Tree; so that's a good thing!

#394697 - 11/15/11 04:34 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: Vermont]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Old Dominion
That's very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

I thought I'd share some from my front yard. I can't offer as much detail, but I will offer what I know.

The small red one there is the most interesting. That's a dogwood. We are lucky to have several.
The tree center left is a beech or birch (I think the former) See it still has some green leaves. Look on the right at the smaller tree that looks like a V and has gold and red leaves. It is the same type of tree. They will go brown and leaves hang on until spring so I get to rake once more.

Between two of my monsters and to the left of the bird bath and frog pond you can see into my neighbors yard. The tall green tree is a holly as is the little guy underneath it in my yard. They are protected I have learned. The little guy is recovering from some pruning I might have done. I don't like the prickly leaves.

Edited by Doin' bpose (11/15/11 04:37 PM)

#394716 - 11/15/11 09:41 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

I can spot Beech because their trunks look like elephant legs.

Up here, the trunks of Beech will provide evidence of generations of Bear' claws (four of them) that scar the smooth bark permanently as they climb up there to gather Beech Nuts.

I think I've sold some land where in order to knock the price, a Buyer criticized the health of the trees by pointing toward the broken limbs near the top, and I countered that by explaining "that was actually evidence to the contrary and proof that the Tree was providing an abundant harvest of Beech Nuts . . . . so much so at to draw up Bears". That closed the sale for the Husband . . . . but caused great fear and tribulation for the Wife.

And Beech Trees do retain their leaves until the next year's leaves break their umbilical and send them tumbling to the ground.

#394730 - 11/16/11 12:24 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: Doin' bpose]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Wow, I'm just north of you and there certainly isn't that many leaves left on the trees. The oaks hang on forever but they're at least 50% naked now. Yes, we also have those trees where the dead leaves hang on until Spring and then we get to rake again. My hubby hates those trees. I like them because they provide contrast and beauty in the dark days and months ahead.

Vermont's golden pine needles are interesting - I'd say that's what wrong with my evergreens, but, I know it's really the deer eating them.

My dead baby deer (actually the neighbor's but he can't see it) - something drug it about 5 feet last night. I don't even want to KNOW what drug it. It's only 20 feet from my porch. I'm ready to just start carrying my weapon when I walk to the mailbox or around the yard. Scary when you don't know...as I fear a bear. They are around here - one sighted 5 minutes from my house. Okay, I don't want a cougar either, nor a wolf or coyote. Hard to believe I like the wilderness.

#394805 - 11/17/11 12:42 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: VABroker]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Oh! My grammar - that should be "there certainly AREN'T that many leaves left".

Vermont, why didn't you catch that?

#394808 - 11/17/11 01:56 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: VABroker]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: VABroker
Vermont, why didn't you catch that?

Sorry; I can't be everywhere . . . . I was busy tracking down a dangling participle. I'm going to be a righter.

And besides, I knew you'd catch it , and that's all that matters. Others will read it and not even notice; but you did, and that's enough for me.

Let us know when the last leaf falls.

#394811 - 11/17/11 02:34 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Quote:
Let us know when the last leaf falls.

It might be next spring with all of those beech trees.

Hey, what happens to the ground as a forest grows? Does it sink? All of those nutrients and all of the moisture sucked from the earth must have an impact on the soil. Sure the leaves fall and add back to the soil, but there is a lot of above ground growth there...think of the redwood forests.

Philosophy meets biology.

#394814 - 11/17/11 03:08 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Some would say that there's just as much of a tree below grade as there is above grade . . . . so you can't really judge them by first impressions.

"Some" would say that . . . . not necessarily me.

#394819 - 11/17/11 04:32 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: ditty]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

I am going to try and do 3 mirror pictures tomorrow. We have had a giant rain and some good wind. I'd be interested to see the photos side by side.

The oaks (a hundred or more) around hear that fell during H. Irene all had super shallow root systems.

I was chatting with a retired USN chaplin who lives in my neighborhood. I told him I had learned from a tree expert the roots system is not why they fell over, rather that they fell since they were too rigid and did not yield or bend to the strong headwinds.

Without missing a beat, he noted there was a lesson to be learned in that.

#394829 - 11/17/11 11:06 AM Re: More Flowers... [Re: Doin' bpose]
pastmember Offline

Loc: USA
My Knockout Roses are looking great this fall...just had our first frost last night. The Burning Bushes also did well.

#394839 - 11/17/11 01:52 PM Re: More Flowers... [Re: pastmember]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Knockouts indeed Summers! Super cool shot of the lake too.

Here is a silhouette of a Cypress tree. It's really an excuse to show this sunset, but the trees are pretty interesting. Every winter I swear they are dead as the turn browner than dirt. Yet every spring they come back the deepest green you can imagine. The water is brackish. The trees spend 1/2 of their time in the drink depending on the tide. At least one is a full timer. Boys climb to the peak limbs in the summer and plunge into the water to experience the thrills of life and to impress the girls. It's almost a local rite.

Also intersting are the root systems in sand and the configurations of knots and old stumps. You can't see that in this picture.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
valdostarealtors, AlanBrito, Taa0927, 805bail, Ekirkpatrick
31122 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Trouble, valdostarealtors, AnonymousWriter), 90 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Matched Content
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 26
Trouble 13
CathCoy 12
Long Walk 8
Bigtoe 7
Z06Fanatic 7
RonnieWinz 7
CountryBoyNC 4
TheGodson 4