Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28597998
No new orders today 13152886
Stupid MLS comments. 3367922
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241441
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1110753
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065304
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854420
Let's talk about our cars 705845
Most common items found at an REO 630631
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630026
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621070
REOTRANS 468903
EML 459235
Main Street 452369
asset val seminar in colorado 427182
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357938
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333201
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388857 - 09/07/11 05:55 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: VABroker]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
Originally Posted By: VABroker
Quote:
i write and talk to them in proper english...look me up on trulia voices if you question my grammer or intelligence..

that being said,..this is why most agents are broke and starving..focusing on lil stuff that dont matter..this is a forum of agents..not doctors or lawyers..

i will say the last thing on that..i rather be earning six figures, than be some poor struggling english major egghead..just my own opinion..

Besides your arrogance, would your grammar from this website also be found along with your Trulia comments when a person googles you?

If you wrote something incorrectly in a contract offer that was accepted and it came back to haunt you via a complaint/your r.e.board, would they accept your answer (excuse) because you don't believe in English eggheads?

ok ok vabroker, you win...
and apologies for my arrogance..byproduct on my ny/nj upbringing..
you ever watch..jersey shore on mtv? lol..

anyway..you are right proper grammer is important..i just didnt want it to distract from the topic at hand...

once again..my apologies...im working on humbleness
and am still a work in progress..
maybe my poor writing is why i suck at blogging..

Advertisements
#388865 - 09/07/11 06:54 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: lindenmoe]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
I used to work with a cop who, when he spoke, sounded as though he was from The Bronx, New York. Turned out it was only a deviated nasal septum. Never watched Jersey Shores. If it's on MTV - isn't that the music channel? Can only take maximum of 30 minutes of music and I have to turn it off - doesn't matter what style of music. I have a few favorite shows and that's it. I can guarantee you that any show I like will be off the air in 5 years or less. Sons of Anarchy will be one; House will be another.

I understand not capitalizing your words if you're typing from a Smartphone/iPhone but I type from mine and I always capitalize, use correct punctuation. It's a pain, but, your writing reflects on you.

Have a good evening...I have no idea what I'll watch on TV tonight.

#388873 - 09/07/11 07:50 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
Just for the record, I had a sit down with my mentor today. He has over thirty years experience, started part-timein real estate, and is currently the Regional VP for our company. His first piece of advice for me was to sit as many open houses as I can to get going and get used to being in front of people talking real estate.

#388874 - 09/07/11 07:59 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: jsteinhomes]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Oh, yeah, as I was telling someone yesterday who DIDN'T buy a house from me (they went with another agent...I chat with them occasionally anyway as you never know what referral could come out of it - matter of fact he mentioned me to someone who's not happy about his own agent right now)...anyway, I told him real estate has its ups and downs, but the one thing you gotta like doing is talking and enjoying people. You'll never be comfortable if you're not comfortable talking and working with people. There are days you'll feel like a recording machine, saying the same things over and over to the same client.

I say, go with the open houses, but be watchful and careful. I'd also say do a few rentals - showing rentals to potential tenants. It's pretty close to what you'd do in sales as far as interacting with people.

Edited by VABroker (09/07/11 07:59 PM)

#388883 - 09/07/11 09:29 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: jsteinhomes]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: jbsnadb
Just for the record, I had a sit down with my mentor today. He has over thirty years experience, started part-timein real estate, and is currently the Regional VP for our company. His first piece of advice for me was to sit as many open houses as I can to get going and get used to being in front of people talking real estate.

well not to be rude how many transactions did he do off open houses and floortime last year?

my mentor told me that floortime and openhouses are a waste of time and i can get more leads and clients from 5 minutes on the internet for free..

in case you wondering this one of my mentors is realtor mag top 30 under 30 and did 100 of his 270 transactions in 2010 from internet buyer leads alone...

just saying...

#388887 - 09/07/11 10:25 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
"not to be rude..." Seriously?

"No offense", but you're being a condescending jerk. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

And BTW, last month one of his properties sold DIRECTLY from the open house.

As for your "Top 30 Under 30" mentor...I gave those details to show my mentor's experience and why I trust his judgment, not to brag about either him, or myself.

#388894 - 09/07/11 11:58 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
The fact is this. Try anything and everything that you feel comfortable doing. Agents in my office have sold houses at the open house (for that house). I am going on a listing appointment and evaluation tomorrow because the people met me at an open house. My boss got a million dollar listing while sitting at MY open house - I didn't have time to do it so she said she'd go and lo and behold, the neighbor came by and wanted her to see about her house because the neighbor's current agent did squat to sell the house.

I heartily dislike cold calling and door knocking and please watch me poke myself in the eye with sharp sticks before I would ever do it. I hate it, I find it distasteful and because I hate getting cold calls myself, I would never do it. Ever.

But I've said it many times - different strokes for different folks. Others love calling peeps on the phone and dont' care that they harass more people than they convert...they get leads and it works for them. Hurrah.

Real estate is an awesome business because so many different personality styles can thrive if they try. I really wish we would all get past this condescending crap and accept that nobody is the Queen of Hearts - ALL WAYS are NOT YOUR WAYS.

Thank you.

#388896 - 09/08/11 12:20 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
75Corvette Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Perky_REALTOR

I heartily dislike cold calling and door knocking and please watch me poke myself in the eye with sharp sticks before I would ever do it. I hate it, I find it distasteful and because I hate getting cold calls myself, I would never do it. Ever.

This made me laugh because I was picturing a "perky Realtor" stereotype poking herself. Doesn't take much to amuse me! There have been times when I've enjoyed floor time, but they've been rare. I've always found floor time a good time to complete BPOs though. Open houses? Ugh--hours and hours of life I'll never get back. I've never cold called anyone, but I did go door knocking several years ago, when our broker decided we should all do it. I got the impression that many people were suspicious of a stranger coming to their home, even if it was just a harmless, lovable fuzzball like me. Hopefully I'll never have to do it again.

#388902 - 09/08/11 06:20 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: jsteinhomes]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: jbsnadb
"not to be rude..." Seriously?

"No offense", but you're being a condescending jerk. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

As for your "Top 30 Under 30" mentor...I gave those details to show my mentor's experience and why I trust his judgment, not to brag about either him, or myself.

lol, awwww my feelings are hurt..now..
no but seriously..i let you guys attack on me enough..
i notice a trend on here..where i justr let people taking digs at me..and then ya take more digs at me..

then i go on the attack..then the mods say im being mean..weird lil circles..if you guys are making money with floortime and open houses keep doing them...

in real estate the way to keep score is how many clients you help..
and how much income you generate to feed your family..

if you can accomplish both of those with open houses and floortime..thats awesome..
i never stop whats working..so if its working keep doing it..

lighten up,

and best of luck

#388903 - 09/08/11 06:24 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: lindenmoe]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: lindenmoe
[quote=jbsnadb]"not to be rude..." Seriously?

is it being a
condescending jerk to take jabs at propecting saying its bothering people?
how bout dissing masterminding OUTSIDE your market?

lol, awwww my feelings are hurt..now..
no but seriously..i let you guys attack on me enough..
i notice a trend on here..where i justr let people taking digs at me..and then ya take more digs at me..

then i go on the attack..then the mods say im being mean..weird lil circles..if you guys are making money with floortime and open houses keep doing them...

in real estate the way to keep score is how many clients you help..
and how much income you generate to feed your family..

if you can accomplish both of those with open houses and floortime..thats awesome..
i never stop whats working..so if its working keep doing it..

lighten up, because on the other thread where i gave advice to the newbie you jumped in an attacked me..when i wasnt even talking to you..
no mods to be found anywhere..which is ok im a big boy..
i only advise on stuff thats actually working and making money..
i cant advise floortime or open houses, because its never made me or my realtor colleagues any money..

and best of luck ,

Edited by lindenmoe (09/08/11 06:45 AM)

#388904 - 09/08/11 06:38 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: lindenmoe]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

and its a common thing on this thread,..
anybody who dares disagree on passive lead generation gets slammed..on here..hard..
i watch you guys slam incredidible giving guys..
like lucky, like one of my mentors jay kinder, like hoss pratt..
and thats not talking down its common sense..
would you rather take stock advice from a top wall st broker?
or some random guy..in the street?
this forum..makes me standoffish because of the attacks...
my own personal opinion is passive forms of lead generation
are dangerous to newbies..and help attribute to nars 80% failure
rate in the first 2 years...thats 8 out of ten realtors
who cant feed they family..thats serious..
only trying to help..and only based on personal opinion...

#388939 - 09/08/11 02:23 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: lindenmoe]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Hi Lindenmoe,

I just recently joined this board and have been soaking up the info. I wanted to let you know that yours and lucky's are the posts i always look forward to reading and pay special attention to as they are always packed with useful info. Just wanted to let you know that you are appreciated!

#388940 - 09/08/11 02:45 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, HI
To get back on the topic of this thread, I'm not a big fan of doing floor duty more than necessary as it 'ties' me down to a specific schedule. But in the past month, my office has close two transactions totaling over $27M from walk-ins. And I've picked up a couple of buyers looking into the mid 7 figures (of course, I never count on anything until I pick up my check). With that said, I'll continue doing floor duty as the potential ROI on my time is much higher than in other activities (i.e. cold-calling).
Visit our Maui RE Blog, then view our listings of Maui Condos For sale and Andaz Maui at Wailea site for information on this luxury property. View one of the hottest micro-markets in the luxury Kaanapali Honua Kai Condos For Sale.

#388942 - 09/08/11 03:07 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: lindenmoe]
deepsea Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Atlanta GA
Linden, You know I actually think you are on to something with how you work and what you do. However what is happening here is that whenever anyone posts anything about the more passive methods of prospecting, you post two or three long posts bashing it. It makes you sound like Navarac. Seriously. Your way is the only way. Cult kool-aid, troll like behavior. YOU need to lighten up.

The truth is that the cold call guys frequently prospect for three hours for one good lead. Sitting in an open house for three hours with your laptop and air card or hot spot phone, you can actually get work done that has to be done anyway at some time, and every now and then a potential lead walks in. It is not a bad thing in any way shape or form. It makes the seller's happy and I have sold MANY MANY MANY houses in open houses. I don't give a &*(_ what NAR says.

Frequently someone comes in, doesn't say much and later I get an offer from another agent and lo and behold there the guy is at the closing table. That's a sale that was a direct result of the open house.

I had a guy walk in on floor time who wanted to list a package of investment properties. It was about 30 listings. My company currently doesn't have floor time for agents and since in this market I am working mostly buyers, I don't do too many open houses lately. But the principals are sound. Couple them with some prospecting and a newbie can succeed.

At the end of all this I have mad respect for what you do to get business, but the endless repetition of your mantra of how it is the only viable way is reminiscent of your nemesis. People are not attacking your methods only the idea that it is the ONLY WAY anyone can succeed.

#388954 - 09/08/11 04:07 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, HI
Well said, Dan.
Visit our Maui RE Blog, then view our listings of Maui Condos For sale and Andaz Maui at Wailea site for information on this luxury property. View one of the hottest micro-markets in the luxury Kaanapali Honua Kai Condos For Sale.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
rhea_re, Preferred Group, Will Jones, nis, karynmurphy
30249 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
T.T. 14
Trouble 14
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Vermont 9
Mr. Clean 8
Tim Bizz 7