Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28598616
No new orders today 13152955
Stupid MLS comments. 3367973
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241481
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1110907
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065318
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854439
Let's talk about our cars 705877
Most common items found at an REO 630688
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630052
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621124
REOTRANS 468912
EML 459235
Main Street 452398
asset val seminar in colorado 427184
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357941
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333301
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#383520 - 07/19/11 10:50 AM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: Realtor DC]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
Originally Posted By: Realtor DC
Would the title company have a database of updated addresses with the barcoding info sorted by carrier route and walk sequence?

yeah they would..
but the united states postal service has list as well
you can not buy a cheaper more accurate saturation list than from them..
barcoding carrier route and walk sequence..
and if you using them to bulk mail it might be free...

hey realtor dc..what are you sending...
if you dont want to discuss..can you pm me..
im in new jersey so no competition..lol
i can send you some of my examples as well...
usps.com

Edited by lindenmoe (07/19/11 10:50 AM)

Advertisements
#383590 - 07/19/11 08:50 PM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: lindenmoe]
Realtor DC Offline

Loc: Washington, DC - Virginia - Ma...
the usps will not sell you the lists, they direct you to the companies that do sell the lists. They will not even give you the carrier routes, much less the walk sequences.

I do not have my medium finalized.. all I have been sending so far has been expired postcards.. I plan on sending a monthly market report with some direct reponse offers like free home evaluation, free home warranty, etc.. I can mail you one of my expired postcards if you want, pm me your address.

Edited by Realtor DC (07/19/11 08:50 PM)

#383725 - 07/20/11 05:25 PM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: Realtor DC]
hula lady Offline

Loc: Oahu, Hawaii
USPS just rolled out a new program that allows any business to mail out flats for $.14 each. Minimum is 500 (max 5000) pieces per mailing, and pieces are guaranteed to be delivered (no returns) because they're the USPS - they know where everyone lives! No need to worry about updating your mailing lists with the USPS "moved" list.

The guidelines are similar to a bulk mail, if you're familiar with that. If not, it's not hard to learn. You just have to make sure that you print your pieces with the correct indicia and info.

I am planning a 1,000 mailing to try it out. Someone else in my office did a 2,000 mailing with great success.

Here's the website: http://www.usps.com/promotions/everydoordirectmailretail.htm

Here are the dimensions allowed:
http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/101.htm#1002686

#383991 - 07/22/11 05:06 PM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: hula lady]
Realtor DC Offline

Oh wow, this is amazing, I do not need an address printer or mailing lists.. only bad part is I cannot filter out renters... so it will be tricky to create a mailpiece that can capture a buyer or a seller...

Thanks so much for sharing, do you have any idea what type of headliner/offer your office member ran when they did their mailing? You say they had good results from 2,000... more than 1 deal out of it??

#384098 - 07/23/11 06:05 PM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: Realtor DC]
hula lady Offline

He did something a little different, and used a community calendar of events for two months on one half and a "soft" RE message with a picture of himself on the other side. In the background was a gorgeous picture of the local mountains that residents immediately connect with. it was visually a gorgeous piece, and something that people would want to put on their fridges. His focus is really broad with this piece, as the goal is to brand himself as the area expert rather than just focus on "buyers" or "sellers." The idea is that if people associate you with real estate through a helpful, non-threatening and community-based piece, they will call you. I think it's an interesting concept, and so far it seems to be working for him. His second piece goes out next week.

It took some research on his part to actually find out what events to put on the calendar, but he is planning on using this as a farming piece over a long period of time. With his first round he got 3 leads - one of them a solid buyer that he is now in escrow with.

He's now incorporated a page on his website where people in the community can submit events to him to be printed on the cards.

This particular method takes some investment and commitment, though. I'm getting ready to send out my first round next month, and I'll let you know how it goes.

The thing I love about this USPS system is that you get NO RETURNS!! Every card gets delivered to a home. Period.

#384104 - 07/23/11 07:24 PM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: hula lady]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Maybe it's just me, but, could this possibly be just to a general carrier route since they claim EVERY piece of mail gets delivered?

#384189 - 07/24/11 11:00 AM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: VABroker]
Realtor DC Offline

Yes, from how it looks you do not need to address the pieces or barcode anything! The only downside is it is less personal and you cannot filter out renters, but really, I'll save my money and time that goes into buying the lists, address printer (original topic), bulk mail software, sorting, palettes, etc... you get a great rate with none of that stuff.. this is amazing..

So as I understand it, you just put what they have on their website on every piece:

*****ECWRSS*****
Local Postal Customer
Your Town, USA 12345

#384239 - 07/24/11 07:39 PM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: Realtor DC]
hula lady Offline

Yes, DC - those are the advantages that I saw too. Less headache. Even if it doesn't save a whole TON of money in the end, I'd rather my money go to getting double the amount of LARGER postcards out there than paying for all of the other services that regular bulk mail requires. Not to mention the time...ugh.

I'll ask the guy in my office exactly what needs to be printed on the cards. As far as I understand it, yes, it is something general like that, but I'll double check and get back to you.

BTW...I print everything with gotprint.com. They're fast and do beautiful work. I think their prices are about as good as you could find. I used my EIN and tax license, and they let me sign up as a broker for lower prices. This is what I figure the cost would be for printing, shipping to me, and postage:

full color both sides / 6 x 9 / glossy
1000 cards - $220.22 (22 cents each)
2500 cards - $505.48 (20 cents each)
5000 cards - $978.09 (19.5 cents each)

Considering a regular postcard stamp is 28 cents, I think this is an AWESOME deal!

#384274 - 07/25/11 12:41 AM Re: Postcard printer - Straight-through printer [Re: hula lady]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
Originally Posted By: hula lady
He did something a little different, and used a community calendar of events for two months on one half and a "soft" RE message with a picture of himself on the other side. In the background was a gorgeous picture of the local mountains that residents immediately connect with. it was visually a gorgeous piece, and something that people would want to put on their fridges. His focus is really broad with this piece, as the goal is to brand himself as the area expert rather than just focus on "buyers" or "sellers." The idea is that if people associate you with real estate through a helpful, non-threatening and community-based piece, they will call you. I think it's an interesting concept, and so far it seems to be working for him. His second piece goes out next week.

It took some research on his part to actually find out what events to put on the calendar, but he is planning on using this as a farming piece over a long period of time. With his first round he got 3 leads - one of them a solid buyer that he is now in escrow with.

He's now incorporated a page on his website where people in the community can submit events to him to be printed on the cards.

This particular method takes some investment and commitment, though. I'm getting ready to send out my first round next month, and I'll let you know how it goes.

The thing I love about this USPS system is that you get NO RETURNS!! Every card gets delivered to a home. Period.

a word of caution with branding yourself..

1. oit takes a long time..how long..
usually 12-24 months..
2.thats assuming noone has been already farming that farm ever..
3. boring generic messages..are usually called junk mail..
4. its ego based marketing,,in fact any marketing done to get your name out there is ego based marketing..period.

"even if they know who you are doesnt mean they will call call you..
anybody using direct mail successfully usually do direct response..
1. a headline that benefits the person recieving it..
2. an offer.. it has to have an offer..a cma, a market report, a free list of homes ,..somthing
3. a call to action..visit my website to get offer, call me direct to get offer..

or keep sending calenders, mage=nets recipe cards, with cute slogans, and pictures,...
you cant put branding in the bank..only commissions generated from a buyer or seller...branding? getting your name out there?
that works for deep pockets....
more often than not it bankrupts the small business owner..
who must pay the bills..and get customers and clients..

in fact..as far as re soft message goes..
if we all say and send the same thing community calender, cute recipe cards..
1.if im the consumer..how do i even tell you guys apart?
2. if im the consumer..why should i call.. YOU?
3.if im the consumer..what makes YOU different?
4. if im the consumer..why should i hire YOU to buy or sell?

at least if you make offers like consumer RE specific offers...
at least they might view you as an expert..in RE...
but if you send cute recipe cards, or non re stuff..
how does that establish your expertise, or authority? In RE?

Edited by lindenmoe (07/25/11 12:48 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Diamond Concrete, OnTheDownload, weplanithk, prishtygroup, rhea_re
30253 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Bernard, Z06Fanatic, OnTheDownload, AML, T.T.), 71 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
T.T. 14
Trouble 13
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Vermont 9
Mr. Clean 8
Daniel1234 8