Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28526729
No new orders today 13144503
Stupid MLS comments. 3359238
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1235272
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1107751
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1062468
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 850733
Let's talk about our cars 702479
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 627721
Most common items found at an REO 625567
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 618180
REOTRANS 466517
EML 459235
Main Street 448922
asset val seminar in colorado 425419
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 356100
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 331579
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#369438 - 03/09/11 05:46 PM phone follow up scripts
Jon112 Offline

Loc: Toronto
I have noticed a trend and I think its time for me to address it.

This is an example from doing an open house. I meet a prospect and close them with something of value , such as finding out what they look for and email them some properties, and also doing a CMA for their property.

They are always happy for the service and want to hear from me. Then I will usually call them, and 80% of the time I will talk to them, and I will try to set up an appointment for me to go over the CMA or show them properties.

Then for whatever reason, the prospect gets cold feet or I scare them away. I'm not pushy at all. I know real estate is a numbers game, but there has to be a problem some where.

does anyone have a good follow up phone script, or ideas, etc. Thanks

Advertisements
#369460 - 03/09/11 09:27 PM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: Jon112]
Home Seller Guru Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
About 5 years ago I starting finding a tremendous resistance to setting up an appointment. This is far more prevelant for buyers than for sellers. Most sellers if they are serious about selling will meet with me.

On the buyer's side is where I find the resistance to meet, I do the same type of thing with an analysis of the area they are searching in. I set them up on daily emails of newly listed property and then follow up the next day to see if they are getting them okay. On that call, I offer to do the analysis of that area and let them know on average how much less than list price those homes are selling for and the number of foreclosures and short sales. This is info they want so they readily agree. I then make that call a few days later. Now they have talked to me three times and are feeling very friendly.

I then make sure they are qualified with lender, if not I get that going and that is a few more phone calls. The bottom line is that when they are ready to start looking at homes, they have had a lot of phone contact with me and will meet me at a house to see it and then they are hooked.

Our job is to conform to how the prospect wants contact, not the other way around. We want to force buyers into our offices so we can force them to sign a Buyers contract with us - remember they are only meeting you for the first time. I decided to show them what I could do for them first and then they are willing to do business with me.

Edited by Home Seller Guru (03/09/11 09:30 PM)

#369491 - 03/10/11 09:06 AM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: Home Seller Guru]
Jon112 Offline

Thats not far off what I do to be honest. One lead in particular was friendly to me in person, and in my follow up call the next day. I said I found a few homes she would like and I emailed them to her. Next call I asked her if she liked any and she told me which ones.

I also then said I found some info on how much her condo can sell for and can we set up a time to go over it. She said sure, but she will need to talk to the bf to see when he is off work next. After that, she would not return my calls, or even text messages.

So she is either 1) not motivated to buy/sell 2) I scared her off or 3) another agent is working with her.

#369549 - 03/10/11 10:17 PM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: Jon112]
PaRealEstateAgt Offline

Loc: PA, USA
So when she said she had to talk to the bf and check when he's off... instead of saying "OK," how about saying, "Well lets do this, I'll tentativly schedule it for XXX at XXX and if that doesn't work for you and your bf call me and I'll reschedule."

But before that even would happen how's this, "...I have that info you requested, and I projected the top market value for your condo. I can show you on Tue at 6am or is Sat morning better for ya?" And yes I say ya instead of you most times.

Edited by PaRealEstateAgt (03/10/11 10:18 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#369605 - 03/11/11 01:55 PM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: PaRealEstateAgt]
Jon112 Offline

I have heard of that, but I think it sounds a little pushy.

i will give it a short next time. Thanks :)

#369632 - 03/11/11 05:49 PM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: Jon112]
PaRealEstateAgt Offline

Loc: PA, USA
It's only sounds pushy if it comes out unnatural so change it up to fit how you would normally speak. I think you'll get better results, but again I'm still a newbie.

Edited by PaRealEstateAgt (03/11/11 05:50 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling again

#371058 - 03/29/11 01:17 PM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: PaRealEstateAgt]
MartyGreen Offline

Loc: canada
I like what PA wrote. It all comes down to the value proposition you are offering. If you tell them that you will send them all this great information and you go ahead and do that, then yes you may have a problem getting a follow up appointment. You are counting on them feeling bad that you did all this work and you are hoping that they will call you back.

Perhaps if you front end load your value proposition, so it's more enticing then you can wrap it up with an appointment.

example. You have asked them a bunch of questions and have figured out that they are first time home buyers.

What you could do is ask them to meet you at the office where you will sit them down and discuss their exact needs. Offer them a buyers package containing a map and perhaps schools in the area, a list of 10 mistakes buyers always make or other things that may be of interest to them. Rec centers, churches etc.

Because they mentioned they are first time buyers, offer to show them they entire buying process including all paperwork and walk them step by step through the whole process.

Also mention to them that you will look through the mls with them and they will leave with a list of homes that match their criteria that they can take with them.

So now they feel they are getting quite a bit of value when taking their precious time to meet you. You can close on them at the office by getting them to sign up as a buyer with you. If they have taken the time to come to your office, then they most certainly are serious about buying a home.

I blogged about how to build a buyer package way back.

http://realestatecareermentor.com/how-to-create-an-impressive-realtor%C2%AE-buyer-package-that-will-have-clients-lining-up-to-work-with-you/

Or check my website under my signature and look under Archives for Buyers.

Hope this helps.

All the best

marty

Edited by MartyGreen (03/29/11 03:57 PM)

www.realestatecareermentor.com

Marty's Real Estate Internet Radio Show on iTunes

Real Estate Training for the
Aspiring Agent and the Top Producer

#371236 - 03/31/11 08:30 AM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: Jon112]
Jon112 Offline

Great info Marty,

I might give something like that a try next time. Everyone says to close at the open house, so I will do my best for that.

Do you suggest closing the open house early to take them to your office or have them meet you there after?

#371678 - 04/04/11 10:01 PM Re: phone follow up scripts [Re: Jon112]
Home Seller Guru Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
The one and only thing that a buyer wants is a house. They really don't care about anything else. So - at the open house, if the house you are holding open doesn't suit their needs, ask them "tell me a little about what you are looking for?" Listen and make some notes. Then tell them that you know a home that is very close to that and could they look at it after you are done with the open house.

Make sure you know the inventory if not, then pull out your laptop and say "wait I think I know of a home like that over on the east side" locate it, show it to them and get them into that house asap. Once they know you can actually provide them with properties of interest to them you have them.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
kmajors, alen111, deanne, Cupcakes, whoiamnow
30193 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Muniart, grexley, Trouble, 1 invisible), 66 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 19
Trouble 17
estatereal 11
Z06Fanatic 10
newagent2028 8
Mr. Clean 8
HChomat 7
T.T. 6
silex 5