Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28625937
No new orders today 13159502
Stupid MLS comments. 3374582
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1245340
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1112654
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1067548
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 856373
Let's talk about our cars 707134
Most common items found at an REO 634598
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630838
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 623917
REOTRANS 470414
EML 459235
Main Street 454277
asset val seminar in colorado 427743
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 359134
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 334077
Evalonline 300211
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#364166 - 01/19/11 11:53 PM How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits
St George Homes Offline

Loc: US
My website has great search engine placement... but I just fired up my Facebook page (St George Homes) and need to pump up the volume. Any suggestions?

Advertisements
#364243 - 01/20/11 04:35 PM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
PPC ads on Facebook. Also going out there on FB and being social - making freiends and commenting on their pages, etc.

#365426 - 02/01/11 01:06 PM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Adam Benedict Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN, USA
Perky, have you done the PPC ads before?

St George, I have a facebook fan page as well and I promoted to my friends, who promote to their friends and my "fans" are slowly growing. Also, ad the link to your email so people can automatically be brought to your page with just one click. Like Perky said, being social works. I have different topics for every day of the week... example: Monday I post a new discussion for fans to get involved in, Tuesdays I post a joke, Wednesday is a news topic, etc... You want your page to be 80% NON real estate related, otherwise people stop listening. Hope that helps.

#370938 - 03/28/11 02:51 PM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
RTChris Offline

Loc: Tempe, AZ
If you're getting a good amount of traffic to your main site, consider implementing a modal window that pops up when people visit the site, asking them to like your fan page, or to visit your fan page.

#395900 - 11/30/11 03:34 PM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Shannon22 Offline

Loc: Kansas
Maybe try doing a contest where you're incentivizing people to participate? I've had some success with that in the past.

#396081 - 12/02/11 07:52 PM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
BillW Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
To go back to PPC on FB, does it actually work? I'm thinking about buying PPC but I'm not sure if Facebook has the target audience I need in real estate.

#397238 - 12/21/11 06:37 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
First Rentals Offline

Loc: Bangalore
Yes, i guess there is no target audience in facebook

#397309 - 12/22/11 07:29 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Actually I do not know why I put PPC ads on facebook as a suggestion. ?

Maybe if you are in a vacation market like me it might work.

I just play on FB a lot and have a LOT of LOCAL friends. People that live here. People that have known me since I was a kid, or that I went to school with or used to go to church with. It is paying off for me, in that I am having people contact me privately with real estate questions and such. Is it a huge lead generation machine? Of course not. It is the online equivalent of hanging out at your neighborhood Cheers or Mel's Diner and chatting with everyone.

How to get more interaction? Well, be interactive. I don't get much on my FB Page but my profile...I get a lot of action there. I talk to people, I post funny stuff (NOT trite funny quotes I find from elsewhere, but funny stuff from MY LIFE that people can relate to. For a while I was referring to myself in a sarcastic way about being Donna Reed to my hubby and kids and posting that Donna Reed made pancakes this morning, yay Donna..." Get lots of likes, comments, etc. Then I make sure I post on the things they post that is important to them. I occasionally make a comment about work but only occasionally.

I stopped worrying about my FB page (I do add stuff to it but I'm not working it very hard) and am just keeping my SOI going on Facebook personal profile...because it is fun, and I keep in touch with people I would NEVER have the opportunity to otherwise.

You can't look at Facebook as a lead generator but as a means to interact with your sphere. And you should have a strong sphere on FB that is made up of local people who will recommend you or use you...it's nice to have 900 friends and fans, but it's worthless if all they are is other realtors from all over the universe who will never benefit from you or you from them. Did that make sense?

#397468 - 12/24/11 08:49 PM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Jacob_James Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S
The best way to attract more Facebook hits would be to tap into your existing friends network. Start off by placing a video or picture gallery of your listings then inviting your friends to view it. Ask them if they know anyone that would be interested in the home and kindly ask them to share the Facebook post.

#397469 - 12/25/11 12:05 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Yeah! Spam your friends! That's what they want!

#397471 - 12/25/11 07:03 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Jacob_James Offline

Don't think its spamming. When you invite your friends to look at something on your fan page or wall it is not considered spamming. People do this all the time. They can choose to look at what you are sharing or they may choose not to.

Spamming is when you approach people outside of your network of friends that don't know who you are or what you do. People that are in your circle of friends on Facebook should know that you are an agent and that you may sometimes post properties for sale on your wall or on your Fan Page. Your goal is not to force them to buy anything but to expose them to your listings with the hopes that they maybe interested or know someone that is. The best referrals come from your friends and family correct?

Do you see it differently and if you do please explain?

#397472 - 12/25/11 07:47 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Ok, see how that works out for you over time.

Eventually your friends will turn you off. It is so spamming if you are regularly asking them to look at stuff.

#397475 - 12/25/11 10:28 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Jacob_James Offline

I agree. Friends can tune you out if all your doing is listing properties. Thats not social media or engaging your network. Their is a good balance of being transparent with who you are and what you do and engaging and providing information about your business. The rule is 80% social engagement and 10% promotion.

#398378 - 01/09/12 06:24 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Jessica123 Offline

Loc: Glastonbury, CT 06033
Hi,
If you are well place in search engine this means there will be good amount of traffic to your main site. Consider implementing a modal window that pops up when people visit the site, asking them to like your fan page, or to visit your fan page or provide a hyperlink on your website which lands on the fanpage of facebook.

#398834 - 01/15/12 09:45 AM Re: How Do I Attract More Facebook Hits [Re: St George Homes]
Rezo Offline

Loc: Malaysia
Spread around your Facebook page...ask your friend & family spread around!!!

1 Persons get 100 Likes
10 Persons get 1000 Likes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
ch3lsea14, Amarki, ALSTIEL, alldmull1, HomeInspectionSe
30293 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Maui Broker), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 16
Z06Fanatic 11
Trouble 10
estatereal 10
Tim Bizz 8
T.T. 7
gitmonee 7
dalebeshansky 6