Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28526729
No new orders today 13144503
Stupid MLS comments. 3359238
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1235272
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1107751
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1062468
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 850733
Let's talk about our cars 702479
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 627721
Most common items found at an REO 625567
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 618180
REOTRANS 466517
EML 459235
Main Street 448922
asset val seminar in colorado 425419
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 356100
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 331579
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#358371 - 11/20/10 12:27 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: DerrickTeam]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

Derrick

Very pretentious and pompous answer. You assume irritation and I'll log that in to your apparent lack of true experience in the area being discussed, and a lack of sales skills. Your not strong enough to go to them, they have to come to you, where you will gladly wait with your silver plated tin cup and tell yourself your a true professional.

Yes, the meek shall inherit the earth but only when we are done with it. Dumb clients?, well my market area is one million dollar plus homes so I'll just continue to be my abrasive and irritating self with these poor dumb people and collect large checks.

By the way how do you find your prospects, don't you enter their lives uninvited in some way, don't you ask personal questions without being given permission. It's a matter of degree. I guess you could just sit in your office, put up a open for business sign (not too large of course) and be the ultimate profession and just wait for people to come to you and have them apply for your services. And of course never ever under any circumstances tell anyone what you do, you don't want to be like those pesky life insurance sales people do you?

Advertisements
#358376 - 11/20/10 12:52 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Bay Area Brian]
DerrickTeam Offline

Loc: Indy Metro West
Our methods have worked very well for us. In our first year in RE we have been top producers in our office; Listing leader 2nd qtr and sales leader 3rd qtr and almost 2.5 mill in current inventory.

We don't have million $ homes in our area but we are not setting out to be rich anyway. As I've said many times, I want to enjoy what I do and that's what determines my methods. And they are working very nicely thank you.

No cold calling or blind door knocking involved. Only targeted marketing, those who need our services.

#358427 - 11/21/10 07:13 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Bay Area Brian]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Brian,

You speak from a deep well of knowledge. I agree with your point, in all industries the person who goes out and secures the business always gets paid
more than the support staff/admin people, takes guts, skill and persistance for this to come about. Not everybody is equippted for such endevours. Just curious if you are door knocking one area repeatedly or roving around town, going were
every tickles your fancy or matches your mood.

Our top agent grosses well over a million it has taken them decades to build the business to this level. This agent is the nicest person you could ever meet is and is very, very clever, they provide superb service to their high end clients.

Some of you might wonder why we share our thinking so openly, in my 20 years of
this game many new agents have asked me what I do and I have always told them
all I know but not one of them has gone out and done it for more than a day
or two and I don't see this changing.

Personlly I got spoilt for a number of years with referrals and only needed prospecting to top things up a bit each year (2300-2500 contacts/year), this has temporary ended so I've been finding my way back to it in haste but it has taken me time to get back into my old groove.

Hunter.

Derrick,

My door knocking endeavors lead me to the owner of a relocation firm, this
relationship has lasted for 15 years, Blue Chip companies only relocate
senior people most of whom are highly educated. The number of deals I have
done through this contact is staggering. Not that I don't mind working
across the whole spectrum of society. Variety is the spice of life, tried
this one on my wife and she just laughed.

Edited by Hunter12 (11/21/10 09:56 AM)

#358735 - 11/24/10 03:36 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

Didn't mean to come on too strong in response to Derrick and others.

But experience has shown me that door knocking, and the telephone are in the category of public speaking and most people that reject it's use are only rationalizing that it doesn't work ,or is unprofessional to cover the true problem which is fear.

Of course if you have methods in place that produce better results for your time and money it is a wise business decision to focus on those methods, but I have yet to see results of any activity not enhanced by the addition of the above at some stage of the deal.

After all these years almost all of my business is repeat and referral, but I still add the above in handling that business, and to throw it away would be ridiculous. And because it is tied into something else it really is warm calling and warm knocking.

I just don't want old timers diverting a newbie from something that will build their business and produce income instead of watching them hang up their license and give up when they had the tools to succeed, but not the time and money to wait for professional methods to work.

#358767 - 11/24/10 09:31 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Bay Area Brian]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
Quote:
Your not strong enough to go to them, they have to come to you, where you will gladly wait with your silver plated tin cup and tell yourself your a true professional.

I just don't understand why agents are so freaking polarized on this issue. Why resort to insults? You didn't mean to come on strong? Then why did you say something like this?

Why get so heated on this issue. We have Navarac smacking down anyone who does things different than him or who deigns to have a point and shoot camera. You say things like the crap above.

Why can't we all accept the fact that real estate is a wonderful business that allows ALL different personality types to THRIVE if they WORK HARD!???

I do not door knock or cold call but I do NOT sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for people to call me. I use a LOT of creative energy as well as technical knowledge to attract leads to me. I don't spend the vast majority of my time online putzing around on message boards; but I AM spending time online marketing my listings and marketing myself so that people looking for ME (even though they don't know my name...lol) will FIND ME.

Yesterday I was at the school for a parent teacher conference. While waiting in the hall a woman caught my eye and I smiled. She looked about to say something...then stopped...I said "hi" and she asked me if my name was ________________. And I said "yes, yes it is!" and she said "I recognized you RIGHT away! I've been reading your blogs for a while! My husband and I aren't ready yet to buy a bigger house but we're thinking of it so we keep watching..." And she's watching my website. smile I was so happy....and I was mad that I didn't have my business cards with me (they were in the car...I wasn't planning on doing anything but chatting w/ the teacher as quick as possible and going home.)

So you know...it works for me. Good things are happening, and I'm doing things to attract people who want to be in touch with me rather than keep pressing through hundreds of people who DON'T Want real estate services at this time to find the few who do....

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, I'm just trying to say "WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG and HAVE SOME MUTUAL RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER?"

#358835 - 11/26/10 03:37 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

I'm just trying to say "WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG and HAVE SOME MUTUAL RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER?"

[/quote]

I think we are just a normal dysfunctional family, yes there is always a difficult child in the family but we are lucky to have Navarac to play
that role. Wouldn't be normal if we were all Lovey Dovey all the time,
people would think we were on medication or something worse.

Edited by Hunter12 (11/26/10 04:31 PM)

#358863 - 11/26/10 09:14 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Or they might think we were civil...

Not talking about being lovey dovey (there's that polarizing thing again...)

#359046 - 11/29/10 10:11 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
loveofcreed68 Offline

Loc: IN
I refuse to door knock because I don't like people knocking at my door. I have 3 loud dogs and a husband that works shift work. Just my opinion, not knocking anyone for doing it.

#359065 - 11/30/10 04:22 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: loveofcreed68]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Luv,

Me too, I hate door knocking, I hate having to save for retirement, I hate not being able to eat as much as I want, I hate exercising, I hate having to watch romantic movies with my wife, I hate having to be consistant. I love getting an e-mail each day from Craig Proctor promising me that I'll never have to do anything I don't like ever again, thank you Craig. I just signed up for his "Toronto Real Estate Agent Craig Proctor Shares how he ate all day long and lost weight fast" seminar/retreat/workshop/lifestyle/cult/, now I'm a cool guy tuned in with the main man and he promises me that my life will be full of abundance. This cat will fix all my worries in one $3000 seminar. Craig told me that all my problem are a result of my mother not teaching me the basics, I like
to hear this kinda stuff makes me feel better.

Hunter.

Edited by Hunter12 (11/30/10 06:18 AM)

#359070 - 11/30/10 06:14 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

It's a complete fallacy that door knocking and cold calling is required for success. They are just options.

I have never knocked on a door, nor have I cold called. I am doing very very well in my area.

#359075 - 11/30/10 07:47 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Perky, I'm curious. Do you believe blogging and websites such as yours would work in a fast paced,extremely busy & aggressive, dog eat dog city with 31,000 liscenced agents like mine?

#359076 - 11/30/10 07:49 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
broker Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cary, NC
why don't the moderators create a new section for "advertising and marketing" and move all these threads in there. i'm sure more than a few people will welcome the change.

#359081 - 11/30/10 08:31 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: broker]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

You already asked that Lucky and I already answered it. Yes. I do.

#359100 - 11/30/10 12:10 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
I don't remember how exactly. There are many agents who spend 10-20% of their gross marketing themselves and their sites to feed their buyers agents with leads. Without advertizing $$$, how would I drive enough people to my websites and blogs so I could attract listing leads only?

Edited by lucky (11/30/10 12:15 PM)

#359124 - 11/30/10 02:43 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
deepsea Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Atlanta GA
Lucky, You don't want to attract listing leads only. If you don't want to work with buyers, you refer the buyer leads out to the agents in your office who want to work with buyers. That becomes a new income stream.

Also you should realize that a lot of people who start out looking as buyers actually have a house to sell, and they are just trying to see if they can replace it before they put their house on the market.

Without advertising $$ you have to know how to optimize your website to organically rank for the the search terms that sellers in your market would be typing into the search engines. That is a whole science in and of itself, so you would either learn it or hire someone to do it for you.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
kmajors, alen111, deanne, Cupcakes, whoiamnow
30193 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (grexley, Trouble, 1 invisible), 72 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 19
Trouble 17
estatereal 11
Z06Fanatic 10
Mr. Clean 8
newagent2028 8
HChomat 7
T.T. 6
Big Kahuna 5