Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Free Foreclosure Webinar

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28601356
No new orders today 13153636
Stupid MLS comments. 3368234
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1241697
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1111023
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1065440
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 854552
Let's talk about our cars 705952
Most common items found at an REO 631105
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 630080
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 621231
REOTRANS 469028
EML 459235
Main Street 452566
asset val seminar in colorado 427205
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 357963
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 333335
Evalonline 300210
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#355922 - 10/28/10 12:03 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
Madison Offline

Loc: Malibu, Ca.
[quote=Hunter12]
Madison,

How many doors have you actually knocked on?

Hunter. [/quote]

Actually, quite a few.. As I said, I may not have physically 'knocked' on the door as a solicitor, but I certainly have incorporated branding myself within the local community and brought my 'brand' to the door in creative ways.

Advertisements
#355939 - 10/28/10 04:00 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: ForeclosureDB]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: ForeclosureDB
Allow me to pose a question to you Hunter. Do you use the internet for your marketing? Most people looking to buy/sell a house will look online first. If you can capture a portion of that traffic you won't need to door knock as you will have more leads to filter through then you know what to do with. I'm not saying that door knocking doesn't work. I'm just saying everyone uses their strengths to their advantage and if the leads come to you, wouldn't that give you more time to focus on working on your leads/prequaling potential buyers?

No, I do not use the internet for my marketing.

I did a two day internet marketing course, at the end of the course
the woman that ran it said that if she opened a real estate office
again she would have an office minimum number of out going calls made by all
her agents, I respected this woman a lot and here advice made me
think hard.

Yes, like you I use the internet for almost everything that crosses my
mind.

The above mentioned woman has been in the business since 1976 and I was
very impressed with her level of knowledge and intelligence. She would
have her agents make calls, this is after I payed her for the course
on how to market on the internet which she is absolutely brilliant on.

#355989 - 10/28/10 09:42 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Madison]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Madison
Originally Posted By: Hunter12

Madison,

How many doors have you actually knocked on?

Hunter.

Actually, quite a few.. As I said, I may not have physically 'knocked' on the door as a solicitor, but I certainly have incorporated branding myself within the local community and brought my 'brand' to the door in creative ways.

If you have not physically 'knocked' on a door then you haven't door knocked.

#355990 - 10/28/10 10:30 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
Andy Perkins Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I would be kinda curious to hear how much success one would have by actually door-knocking in a place like Malibu. I suspect one would either successfully get arrested for trespassing or successfully get taken down by the guard dogs. evilsm

Edited by Andy Perkins (10/28/10 10:32 PM)

#356102 - 10/29/10 03:23 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Andy Perkins]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Why don't you be the guinea pig and give it a go, if it doesnt
go well just let us know from either the hospital or jail, I'm
sure they have internet access. Keep in mind you might find
somebody that actually needs some help with real estate.

#356110 - 10/29/10 04:21 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
Andy Perkins Offline

Excellent point, Hunter...the warden and/or ER nurse might be interested in selling!

#356112 - 10/29/10 04:24 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
Madison sells a good amount of real estate. It takes a lot of money to run in those circles.

He has been on the hit television series (million dollar listing) for years.

Madison when is the show coming back?? I had heard Chad doesn't want to be on it anymore but you and Josh are coming back. Is that correct??

I always find Chad about to have a meltdown and Josh just chills and you are in between there extremes.

I mainly specialize in commercial real estate.Are you guys still focused on the residential sectors only or are you closing on commercial deals in Cali??

#356123 - 10/29/10 05:15 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: super realtor]
MHT Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I will only watch the next season if Madison promises to mess up Chad's hair.

#356134 - 10/29/10 05:49 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Andy Perkins]
BK Estates Offline

Loc: SoCal
I don't know about Malibu, but in Palos Verdes Estates it is against the law to solicit anything door-to-door. No such restriction in Rancho Palos Verdes.

#356136 - 10/29/10 06:00 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: BK Estates]
CALIF DREAMING Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey, California
I am in a nearby So. Cal city which requires that you register, pay for and obtain a city permit before you can go door knocking, even religious organizations must comply.

#356161 - 10/29/10 09:30 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: CALIF DREAMING]
Andy Perkins Offline

Few cities outright prohibit door-to-door solicitations, but many cities here in So Cal have quite varying regulations of differing complexity. I actually like Villa Park's approach: they have (or, at least, used to have) an ordinance that allowed residents to put their addresses on a "do-not-solicit" list, and the city gave you a copy of that list when you applied for a solicitation license. I know that L.A. City requires you to have a solicitation permit if you're seeking charitable donations.

With so many little cities in certain parts of my area, it can be tricky to know how and during what hours you can legally door-knock. And of course, how likely the cities are to actually enforce those ordinances will vary. (The richer and quieter the city, the more free time their lawyers will probably have to do that.)

So it certainly pays to carefully do your research. Fortunately, I'm smack-dab in L.A. city limits, so my door-knocking activities (should I choose to do them) would likely never take me to any other municipalities.

#357279 - 11/10/10 04:24 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Andy Perkins]
AliceInReoLand Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan
I knock on doors all the time. I'm happy to say that I have never (read:N-E-V-E-R) failed to get the listing once they opened the door and listened to what I had to say. Not saying some people don't slam it in my face...what I AM saying is, if they allow me to talk to them, I always win the listing.
Bottom line: Door knocking works.

#357868 - 11/16/10 12:16 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Jayson1977]
REJakeSD Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Good going Jayson! I am a brand new agent, just licensed last Wednesday, and I am going to get my butt out there and door knock. I live in San Diego and I have heard countless times that agents just dont do that here! A lot of the seasoned agents still believe business grows on trees and wait for it to come to them, hence a lot of people leaving the industry. But I am HUNGRY and i KNOW without a doubt that I can make a very successful real estate business quickly on my efforts! You can also make a very bad business quickly with little efforts! GOOD JOB!

#358054 - 11/17/10 03:44 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: REJakeSD]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

Yes, door-knock. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth I opened my first branch office and expanded to San Jose, CA and at that time the SJREB had about 5000 members. I wanted to see who the top agents were and what they were doing. Well, the top two producing agents had a foundation of door knocking. One had a very large geographic farm where he hit every home once a month, and the other door knocked all over town.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it today as an agent. The secret is to combine it with another activity and make it a warm call event instead of a cold call event.

As for the no soliciting signs, do you know how many of those were there when they bought the house. I put together many deals where the original contact had such a sign.

I once met one of the mega producing husband and wife teams in So-Cal and the foundation of their business was the door-knocking by the husband everyday. Of course, nowadays the percentage of homes with people home is low, so you will have to make some adjustments to your program.

#358123 - 11/17/10 11:02 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Bay Area Brian]
Anyelina Offline

Loc: Miami
I love this thread, you guys have given great input about this topic. But I agree with Andy Perkins and ForeclosureDB. My personality doesn't let me do that, I just can't! For me this is something very invasive, I'm actually one of those people that HATE getting soliciting, either by phone call or knocking on my door, especially the Jehova Witnesses knocking on my door, soliciting my faith in god! Uff very annoying!

Some people are friendlier than other, but I am one of those people that says "not interested! bye!". (Unless is hot guy knocking on my door of course haha!). Seriously, I really prefer to respect other's privacy, and prefer choosing alternative ways of marketing for getting leads. I focus more on the internet and on the street, when you start a casual conversation with someone and it comes natural talking about what I do. I prefer going to networking meetings than knocking on the doors and or making phone calls to FSBO's. That's just not for me. If it works for other people that have the personality, then good for them!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
dalebeshansky, InternGrinder, Diamond Concrete, OnTheDownload, rhea_re
30255 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (barb43, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Advertisement

Top Posters (30 Days)
dotcom_agents 16
Tim Bizz 14
Trouble 13
T.T. 11
Vermont 11
gitmonee 10
estatereal 10
Daniel1234 8