Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29290267
No new orders today 13255169
Stupid MLS comments. 3540401
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1343249
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1186401
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1128713
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 912439
Let's talk about our cars 765248
Most common items found at an REO 692043
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 676578
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 668597
REOTRANS 514548
Main Street 501430
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 455826
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 391501
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 369055
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28500 - 06/13/04 10:37 PM Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

My partner and I have worked with several different boards and MLS' across the country. We've learned something rather interesting about NAR regs.

Apparently, if your MLS provides an open property search page for the general public, they are supposed to allow you, the members, a frame-set version of the search page to include in your site! They do not pass go and they do not collect $200.

We found this out only by digging through a Wisconsin MLS and reading the very buried fine print. The board only admitted it when we flat out asked.

This NAR rule IS subject to local exceptions, should any exist, but it's something to keep in mind and nothing anyone is going to tell you up front.

Save some cash and frame the MLS for free!

------------------
CCD Realty One

[This message has been edited by CCD Realty One (edited 06-13-2004).]

Advertisements
#28501 - 06/14/04 07:18 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

Quote:

Apparently, if your MLS provides an open property search page for the general public, they are supposed to allow you, the members, a frame-set version of the search page to include in your site! They do not pass go and they do not collect $200.

We found this out only by digging through a Wisconsin MLS and reading the very buried fine print. The board only admitted it when we flat out asked.

This NAR rule IS subject to local exceptions, should any exist, but it's something to keep in mind and nothing anyone is going to tell you up front.

Save some cash and frame the MLS for free!

[/B]

I looked through my local MLS rules and regs and it said they would slap me with a $1000 fine if they found anyone framing any of the MLS site .... I guess my area must be one of the exceptions .

beachgal

#28502 - 06/14/04 07:43 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

#28503 - 06/14/04 10:57 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

Quote:

My local MLS claims it needs $1,000 from me to access MLS data on behalf of a client/member of the board, per order of NAR. No other MLS has required anything more than a signed agreement acknowledging my responsibility in handling the data. Some boards are misinformed and others are just full of you-know-what.

[/B]

My local MLS offers IDX for around $10 per month. Do you think this is a good price. Do you think IDX is a good idea and is it easy to work with. I like the idea of clients being able to access MLS data without any of the listing agent contact details being available.

beachgal

#28504 - 06/14/04 11:02 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

BeachGal,

Are you familiar with Planet Realtor? Its run by FAR. This is where you get you IDX page to frame in your website. Being that your in Pensacola I am not sure if you use Planet or not.

Contact me off list and I'll send you the link that you are allowed to frame for Florida.

Take care..

------------------
Tim Leffler
Support and Services
www.beyondsales.com

If you are not earning in the top 2% of your market place visit www.beyondsales.com to learn how!

#28505 - 06/14/04 11:19 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

Your FAR frame solution would look like this example: http://www.greatertamparealty.com/mlsframes.php

If you work for a broker, and they have a PlanetRealtor account, they can set you up with your own page. If you ARE a broker, you have to set up an account with them.

------------------
CCD Realty One

#28506 - 06/16/04 10:24 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by timleffler:
BeachGal,

Are you familiar with Planet Realtor? Its run by FAR. This is where you get you IDX page to frame in your website. Being that your in Pensacola I am not sure if you use Planet or not.

Contact me off list and I'll send you the link that you are allowed to frame for Florida.

Take care..

Hi Tim,

I do have an account with Planet Realtor, so I'll take a look on there and see if I can find out anything. Thanks for the offer of help, I'll be in touch if I need to ask you anything.

beachgal

#28507 - 06/17/04 12:29 AM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

Hey Beach Gal and Tim..

yes the Planet Realtor has the IDX and it is on their... Since they redid the site, you may have to do some digging and searching for it, but you will find it... By the way everybody, I will have to admit that after seeing quite a few states Realtor(tm) sites, I will say, Planet Realtor in Florida is probably one of the best around... Great site, full of information... and if you dig around you will find even more info than you could ever believe...

Have a great night everybody..

Duane

#28508 - 06/17/04 02:44 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
HMiller Offline

Loc: NY
Just spoke with my local MLS, they have no problem with me linking to their search page from my site at no charge. Also, they do not charge at all for IDX access.

#28509 - 06/17/04 02:51 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by varsitysg:
Just spoke with my local MLS, they have no problem with me linking to their search page from my site at no charge. Also, they do not charge at all for IDX access.

Wow! Alert the media!

May I ask which MLS that is? In my experience, that is unusually reasonable!

------------------
CCD Realty One

#28510 - 09/16/04 12:26 PM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Unregistered

Hi Beachgal,

Did you ever get the information you need about Planet Realtor? Not only do they offer a frameable generic MLS Search page, but if you are a member, you have access to a "branded" MLS Search. That means your name, phone, and email address is on the MLS Search pages, perfect for easily framing into your website. I can send you the link to your branded search if you like.

You may not need to pay that $10/month to your local board if this service is already available to you.

Good luck

------------------
AgentDeluxe.com

#28511 - 09/18/04 08:35 AM Re: Interesting MLS info some REALTORS may not know!
Jim Lee Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Knoxville, Tennessee, Knox Cou...
What your talking about is IDX or Internet Data Exchange.

You can read all about it at: www.Realtor.org.

NAR has mandated that Realtor MLS' should provide this service for their Realtor members. Some MLS' have elected to charge for it and some have provided it at no costs. There are approximately 900 different MLS systems nationwide.

You can't frame, or in any other manner, display or frame the MLS to the public but you can an IDX site IF that MLS has one.

That of course would be subject to any charges and rules that particular MLS has set.

------------------
Jim Lee, CRS, ABR, GRI, e-PRO
Realty Executives Associates
Knoxville, Tennessee
http://www.KnoxvilleMLS.com
Jim@KnoxvilleMLS.com
1999 REALTOR of the year, Knoxville Association of REALTORS

I am not an attorney, I am not your attorney, and I am not giving you any legal advice. This response is only given for informational purposes and should not be construed or substituted for legal advice.
I am not an attorney & I am not giving you any legal advice.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Will1329, OpClassicGal, TonywithAM, EWcontractor, AnnyGraell
31077 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (TheGodson, CathCoy, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Trouble 13
CathCoy 11
Long Walk 10
Lucky Leonardo 7
Bigtoe 7
Z06Fanatic 5
Admin 4
Mr. Clean 4
realestategreat 3