Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29211911
No new orders today 13244114
Stupid MLS comments. 3534147
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1339502
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1180936
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1124030
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 910282
Let's talk about our cars 761558
Most common items found at an REO 687951
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 673604
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 667525
REOTRANS 512447
Main Street 498445
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 454454
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 390004
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 367921
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285056
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190315 - 01/02/08 04:09 AM How to boost your ranking on google
Livechatrealtor Offline

Loc: Indiana
I have a standard point to agent site, I have redone the page titles and keywords and trying to get the main home page to rank better, I found the inside pages around page 5 and 7 of google but never did find my main page yet.
I'm trying to learn seo and stuff, I have spoke with a few here on this forum and you are getting on the first page of google. What can I do?
How is point 2 nls anyway? or should I try some other company. I'm pretty savy on making my website and learning each day.

Thanks
RE/MAX Connection
South Bend Indiana

Advertisements
#190320 - 01/02/08 04:42 AM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: Livechatrealtor]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Your site is pretty new, isn't it? At least the fact that there is no history at Alexa indicates that it is new. That is most of your problem.

For sites targeting competitive commercial keywords - and that includes most real estate keywords - it can take 9 months to a year (even longer for real competitive terms) before a site begins to rank well in Google. It is their way of combating spam and recruiting Adwords customers.

All you can do is continue to acquire good links pointing at your site and have patience smile

#193570 - 01/14/08 07:20 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: doug]
dresden Offline

Loc: Broomfield, CO
Doug is definitely right. While real estate keywords are extremely difficult to get in the top of the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), the best way to do this is to target detailed (also known as 'long tail') keywords. For example, you don't want to target the keyword 'real estate', for all the power players with the large budgets are at the top of the SERPs. Instead, go for keywords like 'Indiana Real Estate' or even 'South Bend Indiana Real Estate'. Granted, since these keywords are very long tail, they won't get too much traffic, but for the traffic you do get, you will have a high probability of reaching the top of the search engine rankings.

#193638 - 01/14/08 10:35 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: dresden]
Livechatrealtor Offline

Thank You for the tip, Doug Im now on Alexia. WOOHOOO.
Thanks for everyones useful help and tips.
RE/MAX Connection
South Bend Indiana

#194092 - 01/16/08 06:29 AM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: Livechatrealtor]
RJacobsen Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, Arizona
May I suggest you do everything within your power to relate your website to the term "Indiana Real Estate".

You can start by:
-Submitting to Directories (I have a list of RE directories, just IM me and I'll email it to you)
-Writing articles about Indiana real estate and publishing them on your website.
-Write and publishing different RE articles to directories about Indiana real estate (linking to your website)
-Acquiring links (don't forget your anchor--"Indiana real estate"!)
-Then acquire some more links!!

#194240 - 01/16/08 10:36 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: RJacobsen]
Jaysonnhs Offline

Loc: Arizona
Nice suggestions Rjacobsen -

Livechatrealtor,

Make sure that the articles you write for your website are unique and that they are different from the ones you send out to article directories. You don't want to have duplicate content all over your site.

You might also want to change your links in your signature so that they are anchor text links e.g. Indiana Real Estate - if you need help doing this, or an explanation, PM me and I'll help you best I can.

You'd probably be best off going after long tail keywords (as mentioned) at first but don't forget to constantly build for your stronger words.

#194776 - 01/18/08 05:06 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: Jaysonnhs]
Alan Murray Offline

Loc: UK

You know about forums but do you read these blogs?

www.mattcutts.com/blog
www.seobook.com
www.seomoz.org/

These offer high quality information despite what level you are at.

#194979 - 01/19/08 04:17 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: Alan Murray]
DavidPylyp Offline

Loc: Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississaug...
Why not ad a few video's Film the river. Video thru your sunroof thru downtown,
Ad a video introduction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEnPEG1zCK4&feature=related

When they are smiling when they call you, the sale is already made.
Humber Bay Shore Condos
[email] david@davidpylyp.com [/email]

#202327 - 02/13/08 12:46 AM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: DavidPylyp]
Heyen Realty Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
how much success have you had with youtube?

#202405 - 02/13/08 04:11 AM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: Heyen Realty]
doogers Offline

Loc: michigan
livechatrealtor. I would shorten your title, also I am not a big fan of the colar scheme, but that is just me.

#202595 - 02/13/08 05:15 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: doogers]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
oh, dear...I do NOT like the pink & teal! sorry...

Just make the page background white, with dark blue text for headings and links and it will be a huge improvement.

Edited by Perky_REALTOR (02/13/08 05:24 PM)

#202667 - 02/13/08 09:48 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
neudot Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Central New York
Gotta agree with Perky on this one. That pink and teal practically hurts the eyeballs.

#202678 - 02/13/08 10:08 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: neudot]
Livechatrealtor Offline

I have to agree with you guys on the color too. I have not liked it since I changed it. I was trying to achieve a calm warm natural feeling. That didn't work.

RE/MAX Connection
South Bend Indiana

#202937 - 02/14/08 07:28 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: RJacobsen]
deepsea Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Atlanta GA
Originally Posted By: RJacobsen
May I suggest you do everything within your power to relate your website to the term "Indiana Real Estate".

You can start by:
-Submitting to Directories (I have a list of RE directories, just IM me and I'll email it to you)
-Writing articles about Indiana real estate and publishing them on your website.
-Write and publishing different RE articles to directories about Indiana real estate (linking to your website)
-Acquiring links (don't forget your anchor--"Indiana real estate"!)
-Then acquire some more links!!

I would actually try to optimize for South Bend Indiana Real Estate, unless you work across the entire state. I suppose you could set up a referral network and try to get referral fees for people looking in other parts of the state, but if you work in South Bend, I would try to rank for that term following all of the suggestions above!

#203169 - 02/15/08 03:01 PM Re: How to boost your ranking on google [Re: deepsea]
Reed45 Offline

Loc: Virginia
Site design aside, I concur with the long tail idea: Indiana Real Estate will get you many visitors (only if you succeed - which you probably won't), but few leads.

Some other ideas: South Bend IN Real Estate
South Bend Indiana Real Estate
South Bend Indiana Homes for Sale
South Bend Indiana Houses

Or any other combination. You'll find you'll rank pretty quickly if you change it up to any of those and focus on that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  doug 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Breezy LL, jmarshallsquare, jeannptns01, s3th1j0hns0n, Andrew Silva
31031 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (estatereal), 95 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 21
Z06Fanatic 20
realestategreat 16
Lucky Leonardo 15
T.T. 12
OahuAgent 11
Trouble 9
Long Walk 4
RATKOS 3