Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28989149
No new orders today 13215625
Stupid MLS comments. 3508722
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1321992
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1158161
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1113043
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 899120
Let's talk about our cars 747322
Most common items found at an REO 675547
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 662624
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 659165
REOTRANS 504703
Main Street 484629
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 447176
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 384390
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 362455
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175125 - 10/12/07 12:05 AM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: BpoBill]
sapmjm Offline

Loc: north carolina
I have a Fuji Finepix 5100. It only has 10X zoom,but is a great camera. It's shaped like a SLR camera,great for me(I could never get used to the small cameras and love the feel). Before I purchased this my husband reminded my to find out how quickly the camera reset itself for shots before I bought one. This thing reset faster than many of the big name brand cameras I was looking at at the time. It also has a movie mode which is great for taking short movies of the kids. I've had it for about four years and I'm very happy with it. With all the talk on the board about backup cameras I am in the market for a backup one since the only other one I have is a sony that has horrible zoom.

Advertisements
#175143 - 10/12/07 02:45 AM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: Gman]
realtorstw Offline

Loc: Stillwater MN
I am also a fan of the mavica. $50 on ebay.

#175220 - 10/12/07 03:20 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: realtorstw]
ggwwttre Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Watsonville, CA, USA
I don't have a backup camera... well I could borrow dad's I guess... I wouldn't invest in camera #2. My Treo has what they think it a camera in it too, in a pinch. I can buy a camera any day of the week. I do have a backup SD card though, and of course 2 batteries (my camera takes it's own shape battery.)

Through a strange turn of events I now have a backup (actually 2 extra) GPS's. Awful expensive item to have two of, but I tell ya when #1 died I paid extra to have it sent 2 day and they were a miserable 2 days.

#175912 - 10/17/07 01:11 AM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: ggwwttre]
AliceInReoLand Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan
I have a Nikon D50. It works really really well for BPO work, though that isn't what it was intended for when I bought it. But it works so well I use it all the time. I can recharge my battery, reload my SD card a million times, and burn anything I need to keep. And it never costs me a dime. I can zoom from a mile away. It doesn't fit in my pocket though which kinda sucks, but the pictures are great and I'm able to show damages and whatnot easily. Go Nikon.

#176025 - 10/17/07 06:14 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: AliceInReoLand]
Neal M Offline

Loc: Jackson
It's interesting to see what everyone is using. I hope these cameras do well for you. Personnely, I use a Cannon digital Rebal with a wide angle lens and a quantum flash, all mounted on a frame.

While all the cameras list will take good general photos and fair real estate photos. I would not recommend any of them if you want to best show you home.

#178524 - 10/31/07 03:52 AM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: Neal M]
Heading for the Top20 Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY
Nikon D50 user too ... Superb pictures and can shoot over 500 pics on a card and much more before I have to recharge the batteries. Terrific camera!!!

More expensive than a point and shoot ... but worth it if you use a camera outside of your business too.

#178596 - 10/31/07 05:46 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: Heading for the Top20]
Neal M Offline

Loc: Jackson
I woulb be interested in see example of photos from the different cameras.

#179317 - 11/04/07 05:21 AM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: Neal M]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
Having a camera with a wide angle lens is an absolute MUST for taking good interior photos. The Kodak v705 is an affordable point and shoot digicam that is very small and quite powerful.

I have found its performance to be less than stellar for more up close photos such as portraits - but the price is more than worth it for excellent interior shots. I have my Olympus Camedia 770 for my personal/family use, and use the V705 strictly for real estate purposes.

Without a wide angle lens your rooms will look small and cramped and not very appealing (i.e., bedrooms will appear to be just beds and a corner.)

#183609 - 11/28/07 12:00 AM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: BpoBill]
dresden Offline

Loc: Broomfield, CO
My apologies if someone already posted about this, but coming from personal experience, one thing to stay away from (if you can) is camera's with digital zooms. I bought one with digital zoom a while back and all the pictures where I zoomed in came out horribly. For the extra money it would cost to go with an optical, I would say it is definitely worth it.

#183745 - 11/28/07 03:06 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: dresden]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
A wide angle 23mm is a must for shooting interiors. You don't know what you are missing until you try it.

#183912 - 11/29/07 06:24 AM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: Bigtoe]
karole Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a wide angle converter lens. I saw one by Sunpak online at Circuit City and Best Buy.

I have stopped accepting interior BPOs because I don't like the limited view that I get from my digital. No complaints for the companies that I have worked for but I would like to be able to have better pictures.

The converter lens are priced around $40.00, seems to me to be a good deal if it will fit my camera.

#183944 - 11/29/07 02:26 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: karole]
Gulf Winds Offline
REO Slave
Major Contributor

Loc: USA
karole:

With all due respect to your wanting better quality pictures... why are you turning away BPO business if they have been happy with what you've been providing them? I mean, for the limited amount of $$$ that the companies offer, it does not warrant spending extra dollars on special lenses and adapters to attempt to give them magazine quality photos when they don't want/need them. Trust me, appraisers don't use special wide angle lenses or cameras and their reports are considered to be much more thorough and more costly.

Please don't think I'm bashing you. It's great that you are concerned with providing the best quality for your clients! Send them more photos than they ask for rather than buying a special lens.

Good luck!

"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.." - James Lovell- Astronaut

#183958 - 11/29/07 03:52 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: Gulf Winds]
karole Offline

Gulf Winds, It's just my pursuit for excellence in all I do. (smile)
Without a wide angle lens I am not able to get the full room in one shot. Sometimes especially if there is a California King size bed, and the room is small. I can only pick up the bed in the bedroom.

The cost of the converter lens is so minimal ($40.00). when I am offered a good interior assignment I would not hesitate if I feel confident about my camera. _________________________

#183991 - 11/29/07 06:14 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: karole]
Gulf Winds Offline
REO Slave
Major Contributor

Loc: USA
You could justify the expense if it helps you in other areas of your real estate practice but not for BPOs. As for being offered interiors, don't hesitate unless it's due to fee or time frame issues! Your camera and lenses will not make any difference. If you can't get everything in one shot, take several. They are not looking at the photos the same way a buyer looks at them. They are mainly concerned with the condition of the property and to help substantiate your comments. They would rather be able view a photo of ceiling water damage than a nice shot of the entire room. That's what they are truly concerned with is condition and damages.

$40 is pretty inexpensive and if you want to buy it, go for it! Just don't think that you'll impress a QC person or their client. I've done this for 15 years and go back to the days when we had to develop film and overnight along with the typed BPO to the company. Trust me, they won't notice or even care if you use the lens or not.

Buy it because you want it or that it will help you elsewhere, not for BPOs.

Take care & post a few shots with and without the lens.
"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.." - James Lovell- Astronaut

#184005 - 11/29/07 07:11 PM Re: Digital Cameras [Re: Gulf Winds]
karole Offline

Thanks, I appreciate your experience and comments.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
REOHomie, JenniferVillalba, kumarbuilders, andr3s017, joanna omile
30919 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Scagent), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 22
realestategreat 13
ManhattanMiami 13
Bigtoe 12
Trouble 12
Z06Fanatic 10
Chris Goerge 9
Snap Up 8
JessicaHawthorne 5