Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28881955
No new orders today 13185806
Stupid MLS comments. 3488611
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1308902
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1150804
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1105224
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 892154
Let's talk about our cars 740700
Most common items found at an REO 669981
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 656524
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 653050
REOTRANS 499142
Main Street 477082
EML 459241
asset val seminar in colorado 443425
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 381825
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 359808
Evalonline 300214
Land America 285054
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154855 - 07/11/07 09:42 PM James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com
Unregistered

Check this out.

http://realestate.about.com/b/a/000158.htm?nl=1

What is your opinion on the subject?

By the way, I hope this hasn't been posted already! If it has, my apologies.

Advertisements
#154859 - 07/11/07 10:13 PM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: ]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
What do you mean...what is our opinion on Jim Kimmons' blog? The subject itself has already been discussed in the thread that Jim linked to in his blog.

My opinion on the blog: ouch. It's like being caught undressing in your bedroom with the blinds open, and the neighbors are out in their yard. smirk

#154871 - 07/11/07 11:34 PM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Unregistered

I was referring to the topic of Realtor bonuses, not the blog itself. I would have posted a link to the home page of his blog had I intended to discuss the blog in general.

#154873 - 07/11/07 11:50 PM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: ]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Well, I meant that particular blog.

We have a few threads already going on REALTOR bonuses.

#154878 - 07/12/07 12:15 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
SummitNJ-Realtor Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I commented on his nasty little blog. The dirty little so and so is lower then a Realtor, I encourages people to post by offering to let them put their web address in, and then sticks a No-Follow Tag on it. In my book that is the equivalent of being a big fat lying used car sales person.
973-647-0253 Direct
Serving the Chatham NJ Real Estate, Madison NJ Real Estate, and Morristown NJ Real Estate markets.

#154879 - 07/12/07 12:16 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
if a seller wants a bonus attached to hte sale of their home to draw more attention and it is disclosed on the hud 1, and all rules are followed there is nothing wrong wiht that. it is nothing more than a way of marketing to draw attention and create hype which in turn could help to sell thier house.

the fact of the matter is that he can pull things out of context all day long and make things say whatever he wants.

an agent bonus is legal! if i am the listing agent and i put a bonus on a property and pay that out of my pocked to create hype on the property, then tell me how am i not representing my clients best interest?

#154881 - 07/12/07 12:45 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: estatereal]
SummitNJ-Realtor Offline

Wow, he read my comment. Great, well you should find out a little more about no-follows if you want your blog to be read more people. Just like with Broker open houses and other examples in other industries, if you feed them they will come.
973-647-0253 Direct
Serving the Chatham NJ Real Estate, Madison NJ Real Estate, and Morristown NJ Real Estate markets.

#154892 - 07/12/07 01:31 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: estatereal]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

An agent offering more of his commission to another agent is a tad bit different than a seller offering nearly $40,000 to a selling agent rather than just taking that off the price of the house or by offering to pay buyer closing costs.

Don't you think?

#154895 - 07/12/07 01:50 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
SummitNJ-Realtor Offline

Yes Perky but is there any evidence that any such thing ever happened??

They are trying to use a extreme example to say that all things we do are bad.
973-647-0253 Direct

#154896 - 07/12/07 01:59 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: SummitNJ-Realtor]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

No, and I didn't say there was. The hypothetical situation was still a good one to discuss anyway, and to see how concerned some REALTORS are about their wallet vs. their buyers....

#154900 - 07/12/07 02:19 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
SummitNJ-Realtor Offline

Yes, I agree. It is very unlikely that the 5% of the agents who do about 95% of the deals in this country would engage in anything like that is very low as far as I can see. Every single agent I have ever known who does more than 10 transactions a year has also had the appearance of being about as ethical as a good priest.

I think that it is only ever likely to happen when you have a desperate Realtor and a pushy desperate home seller.
973-647-0253 Direct

#154917 - 07/12/07 03:16 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: SummitNJ-Realtor]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
it does upset me that it is taken the wrong way and that this guy is using a good place like this forum to portray realtors as bad people. the expensive sportscare that i mentioned on the thread was offered by a fsbo... and the agent bonus that i pay out if from my side of the 5% that i charge!!! how is that affecting a buyer negativley? i could raise the co-op, but around here that just gets split with the broker who is not doing the work that hte agent is, plus it looks different and makes the listing stand out amongst the other listings on the mls!

i hope that he does not badmouth other realtors to get a seller to use his services if he has a listing presentation scenario with multiple agents. i noticed how he was quick to show what he thinks are problems yet he offered no solutions.......

i just posted on that guys little blog. i dont want to post on there anymore, but here is waht i posted on there

Jim,

First let me state that if you regularly read agents online you will notice that the agents on
the site appear to be very helpful, fair and honest to their buyers and sellers. As an agent
who offers an agent bonus on ALL OF MY LISTINGS, let me show how I use the bonus as a marketing
tool to get my clients home out in front of other agents! I charge 5% to list a house. Lower than
the average listing taken in my market. I offer a co-op of 2.5% and as the listing agent I make 2.5%.
Then out of my 2.5% I offer a 1,000 agent bonus. I offer that bonus on all of my listings and I do it
as a marketing tool to get my client’s home out to the other brokerages and have my clients home stand out among the crowd.
In case you do not get it let me spell it out. i pay the 2.5% co-op and the $1,000 agent bonus out of the
5% listings that I take. So show me how that is not in the best interest of my client. And furthermore if
I have the buyer on a deal that has an agent bonus, I would ask for that money to go towards my buyers closing.
Just for the record all monies payed are stated on the hud-1 as required by law! Instead of trying to make people
look bad, why did you not ask for further details or even go to the extent of sending a private message to some of the agents from agents online asking for a private 1 on 1 phone call to truly get to the bottom of what you obviously feel is so wrong. the toyota supra that I mentioned in the thread was actually a —FOR SALE BY OWNER— offering a car as an agent bonus, he was not even represented by an agent!!!!! The website that you pulled this information from along with your out of context quotes was horribly misrepresented. The website you pulled the quotes from is a great place for agents to learn about practices in the real estate field, and also a great place to trade ideas. Please do
not try and make it look like a bad place. There are more helpful people on there than you would know(I know because several agents from
the website have personally given me advice and opened my eyes to make me become more educated and ultimatley it benefits my clients.

Thank you for your time,

Estatereal

#154935 - 07/12/07 03:58 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: estatereal]
MDHomes2Go Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Montgomery County, MD/DC Metro...
If anything, this entire thread showed how honest and up-front most agents are.

Kimmons slanted another agents opinion to make himself look good. It is an effective technique because the public don't know who to trust so they instinctively believe the guy who says everybody else is bad.

To trash your fellow agents so you will be percieved as the good guy is kinda slimey in itself. I guess Kimmons haven't read the REALTOR Code of Ethics or else it must not apply to him.

Edited by MDHomes2Go (07/12/07 04:34 AM)

#155093 - 07/13/07 02:45 AM Re: James Kimmons from Realestate.about.com [Re: MDHomes2Go]
MDHomes2Go Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Montgomery County, MD/DC Metro...
Kimmons reminds me of another guy named John T Reed who couldn't make it as a real estate guru so he dedicated his career to trashing other gurus and then recommends his own books and tapes as a solution.
Kimmons, if you read this, please do some soul searching before you put on that white hat.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Myrsatech, Joyti Sharma, jamem, johnpatrick, Chris_Hendricks
30817 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (RonnieEmz, T.T., CathCoy), 73 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CathCoy 26
Trouble 17
Z06Fanatic 11
Dan M Lee 9
RonnieEmz 8
FlyHigh 7
OahuAgent 7
sualk54 6
Lisa Anne 6