Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29077862
No new orders today 13229792
Stupid MLS comments. 3523715
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1333052
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1167879
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1119555
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 906817
Let's talk about our cars 755070
Most common items found at an REO 682069
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 668200
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 664641
REOTRANS 509529
Main Street 493383
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 452214
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 388051
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 366293
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285055
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14242 - 12/13/06 02:01 AM Re: When to cut the "buyer" loose!
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
I can appreciate that opinion........However as agents started out you are an independant contractor running your own business.Over 80 percent of agents fail in the first year and it's not because they have a lack of desire to succeed........it is because they are undercapitalized which is why most businesses fail.Having owned multiple businesses before you learn that every cent that is spent goes for maximum return on investment.

These companies out there prey on the newbies to buy every little gadget out there to increase there business,but most of it couldn't pass for toilet paper.Even if newbies go for a listing you have to qualify the seller,are they really motivated?Is there price realistic?

I believe it is good to get experience but if you have limited funds to start out with(this is usually most new agents)then get plenty of business off of a top producer and pay the referral fee,you will probably get a mentor out of the deal and they can show what mistakes NOT to make.

I love this board and it is interesting to hear how everyone runs there business.We all have a different style and way of doing things.It is like martial arts you can learn many things from many masters,some will work for you and some won't but you will meld it into your own style of doing things.

I hope the new agents stick with it.This is a very tough business but the rewards can be amazing!

Advertisements
#461375 - 05/04/18 09:29 PM Re: When to cut the "buyer" loose! [Re: Concepts05]
stevee Offline

Loc: Florida
There was a time that I had 9 buyers and they were crazy. They lied, never follow through with my lender, they told me this much $$$ and tell me to make an offer a lot more$$$, they were working with more then one agent (include me), the homes were not facing the right direction (religious thing) and they want part of my commission. I started to drop them, one by one. Now, I have none! I dont tolerate this behavior with any buyers. You have to put your foot down and set rules.

I feet like I wasted my time and now I feel lost.

#461387 - 05/06/18 04:01 PM Re: When to cut the "buyer" loose! [Re: stevee]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
I've been full time for 17 going on 18 years (although I hope to "retire" next year to part-time (in other words, work when I feel like doing it)). Years ago, when I first started, after a hurricane swept through the area, I had a buyer (overweight - we took her vehicle. I wasn't going to have my gas mileage drop to 10 miles an hour (LOL!) from 33). And, she was a nervous Nellie for sure. It seemed like she could barely handle life in general; yet, every house we looked at (many properties had been flooded and owners just walked away from it and the mortgage), she kept thinking she could "fix" this one or that one (she'd had NO experience in repairs). Plus, it had to be in a certain county. Then she decided on the next county 2 counties south of this particular county b/c she could then be 'near' her sister (who was married with kids and owned a house - never mind the fact those folks could get up one day and sell theirs). Her sister would come with us on some occasions and I just blew up one day. Her sister was a bit shocked by it...until I told her we'd already seen over 65 homes! I walked away from that buyer. She did buy about a year later in the same neighborhood as her sister. I sometimes regret walking away (because she did eventually buy) but I also did not want to go through any more time coddling, listening to her 'dreams' of what she could do (which were unrealistic) and this would have taken, what, another year?!!!!.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
iclassified, Ananta Lifestyle, BHAM Broker, RealHero123, MUDAVEN
30965 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (dday, estatereal, AnonymousWriter, Mr Fern), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
OahuAgent 10
BayareaRE 7
Z06Fanatic 7
CathCoy 4
MUDAVEN 3
CountryBoyNC 3
Trouble 3
Bigtoe 3
HChomat 3