Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 29290489
No new orders today 13255185
Stupid MLS comments. 3540405
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1343263
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1186406
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1128725
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 912442
Let's talk about our cars 765252
Most common items found at an REO 692045
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 676590
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 668606
REOTRANS 514556
Main Street 501434
EML 459242
asset val seminar in colorado 455829
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 391509
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 369060
Evalonline 300215
Land America 285057
Mainstreet 261863
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121668 - 08/13/06 01:45 PM Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Clear Lake Houston Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I read in one of the forums of someone using a Craig Proctor/Success website and was asking people to review it.
Quite honestly, these sites look pretty cheesy in my opinion and to the point of looking like an internet flea market site. Theres so much stuff vying for your attention on the first page---its hard to know where to focus or start. There are tons of links to special reports, etc.
I then started researching and went to the Craig Proctor/Success site and went through the list of testimonials. Even went to the web to find all of them and discovered only about half were still using the Success web template.
At a cost of somewhere around 150/mo it seems like an expensive investment, yet if its really effective, it may be a small cost.
I just didn't like the look--it reeked of unprofessional in my opinion, but maybe I'm wrong.
Surprisingly, I found a very successful realtor in Houston using the source code for those sites right down to the copywriting. Perhaps they were a client at one time and then decided to have a cheaper solution and stole all the material--I don't know.
Just how effective are these sites and why would a realtor want to use one? Thanks!
832-651-1433 Direct
steve@ClearLakeHomeTeam.com

Clear Lake/NASA area of Houston, including League City, Friendswood, Seabrook and north Galveston County.

Advertisements
#121669 - 08/13/06 02:47 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
RebelBroker Offline
California Real Estate Broker
Veteran Member

Loc: Morgan Hill, CA, USA
Trust your gut.

I looked at it as well and I don't see it as worthwhile.

Maybe we can find someone who has used it and has something good to say.

R

Roberts Website

NOT LEGAL ADVICE

#121670 - 08/14/06 03:48 AM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
It's your lucky day.My first year in real estate me and my business partner had the website.

It DOES work and you will generate leads.The question is will the leads turn into closed transactions.That is the million dollar question.

www.jimstriegel.com and www.toddwalters.com are the 2 big guns using craig's system.

It's not just the website to truly understand his philosophy you have to read and use his system.He is a great marketer.

He does close over 500 homes a year but uses a team to do it.He makes more money on selling his systems.

I use www.powermarketingcenter.com now Brian Rodgers system.

With craig's website the gold is 150 a month,then if you want spanish instead of a button to switch it over you have to purchase another website.

If you want the talking audio,video or anything lese guess what it is extra so you could easily with them be at 225 to 300 a month for a website.If you have a problem it took me 3 days at least to get back an e-mail response as they are based in Canada.

The key to craig's system is anybody using it in your area?If they are it will water down any results you will get.The main success stories i have seen are people that started using it in an area that had never seen it before.

They do let you cancel the website at anytime which is good.It was one of the better websites for generating leads i have seen out there.

The reason i switched is with Brian's i get free unlimited audio and video,unlimited lead capture pages,and 5 websites for let's just say around 1/3rd of what a proctor success gold website would cost.I wanted to focus on mainly purchasing and rehabbing houses so i wanted to design my own site.

good luck

#121671 - 08/14/06 12:44 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
realestatefla1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Florida
The same web site is recycled over and over again. If everyone has the same exact site or close to the same site, why on earth would a potential buyer be attracted to yours.
Also, Craigs system in my opinion doesn`t work.
The best example is the Sunday Tour of Homes you need at least a dozen agents one in each home to accomplish what Craig is preaching.

In my opinion, it`s great marketing for Mr. Proctor, it lines his pockets. Yours is another story.

#121672 - 08/15/06 03:45 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Becky Washam Offline

Loc: TX
I don't think its the website that gets them business I think its the Gimmick "If your house doesn't sell in X days I will buy it" that gets the business.

I just have a hard time believing it since I can see how long their listings are on the market (just as long as everyone elses) and I don't see them dropping off as they are bought by the agent.
Conroe Texas Real Estate
San Antonio Real Estate

#121673 - 08/15/06 04:52 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Gulf Winds Offline
REO Slave
Major Contributor

Loc: USA
Craig Proctor "Secrets":

Toll Free call capture system
Consistant farm mailouts
"Buy if we don't sell" gimmick
Talking House
Multiple Assistants
Web Site
Pay Per Click Advertising

You can do it all without Craig Proctor! Save the money!
"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.." - James Lovell- Astronaut

#121674 - 08/15/06 09:52 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
rwilson99 Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by realestatefla1:

The best example is the Sunday Tour of Homes you need at least a dozen agents one in each home to accomplish what Craig is preaching.
No you actually need one.

The homes are open for 10-15 minutes each, buyer's meet and register at the office and one buyer's agent opens up each home on the tour. Buyer's follow along.

I'm not a fan of the website, because I can do a lot of the program on my own. However, his programs work, it's all about prioritizing what to do first.

I am not a laywer, and I can't even spell very well.

#121675 - 08/16/06 11:07 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Agent Tampa Bay Offline

Loc: Tampa
I use one and I do NOT use the "Buy if we don't sell" gimmick. I use it primarily for educational purposes and the tour of homes. I also have another website that has listings but to me $200 or so per month is a small price to pay to make $20,000 or so. So far it's been effective for me but I would not knock it until you have tried it and actually looked at the numbers. It's been worth it to me and I have no plans on discontinuing the site which I use in addition to another website. Sorry but I can't post the links here due to spammers spamming the hell out of me but it does work as long as you are consistent with it like in any other marketing. Consistency is key....

I can also build my own sites which I have done for my other business but Proctor's makes it easy for me to focus on other things besides web building. I prefer to focus on sales... not web page designing so I don't have a problem shelling out about $200 per month so that I can focus on sales instead of on the web site. I don't get any kick back nor free services by stating this but I would highly suggest trying it out. It may be worth your time and money to do so.

#121676 - 08/17/06 01:07 AM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
theotherside Offline

Quote:

Craig Proctor "Secrets":

Toll Free call capture system
Consistant farm mailouts
"Buy if we don't sell" gimmick
Talking House
Multiple Assistants
Web Site
Pay Per Click Advertising

You can do it all without Craig Proctor! Save the money!
You got all the tools right how about the "how" part of his program?

#121677 - 08/17/06 02:58 AM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Robert Hill-Bey Offline

Loc: Chicago
I have tried the system. You get a 60 day trial at no obligation. I ran one of the suggested ads to target first time buyers. I got five leads and turn into actual clients. One is in the process of qualifying and I will have him sign an exclusive buyers agreement in about thirty days. The other person will be ready in six months. I guess what I'm trying to say is the website does work. The website's purpose is to generate/capture leads. Once the lead comes in you have to convert the lead into a client. The site also has an affiliate page that you can market to Real Estate Attorneys, Contractors, Loan officers, Appraisers and other professionals you deal with daily. The site offers a way to generate income out of doing real estate transactions.

#121678 - 08/17/06 10:05 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
alamorealtor Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
OK. What about advertising in the local newspaper's Real Estate section on the weekends? Or what about an ad in the local "Free" Real Estate magazines at the local grocery stores? It would seem like if people were picking up these printed materials, they were further along than tire kicking.......

I though a billboard along side a major interstate into a city might not be a bad idea if you had the right advertising wording on it.

#121679 - 08/18/06 01:02 AM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Clear Lake Houston Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Those that use these sites--are they your primary site or based upon some other keywords that draw people to that particular site?
They just seem look a little too much info on a single page for the primary website...
832-651-1433 Direct
steve@ClearLakeHomeTeam.com

Clear Lake/NASA area of Houston, including League City, Friendswood, Seabrook and north Galveston County.

#121680 - 08/20/06 07:39 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Constantine Offline

Loc: Peterborough & Kawartha Lakes,...
Being in my second year of Real Estate, not only has the Quantum Leap website helped my business but the whole Craig Proctor system.

You have to be selective to what you want to use, the website is very busy but you have the option as to how much information you want on your home page.

Take the test drive for 2 months and if you feel the site is not getting you leads, get rid of it.

My biggest lead generator is my toll free line & Sunday Tour of Homes, but that is a different post.

take care
Constantine
Peterborough, Ontario

"Attention, all planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control."

#121681 - 01/02/07 07:12 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Dee in Austin Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Austin, TX
Do you think Craig's system will work well for niches or is it better for general real estate. For instance, new homes or investor niches.
http://www.TexasRealtyBlog.com

#121682 - 01/03/07 03:45 PM Re: Craig Proctor/Success Websites--whats the real scoop?
Chad McBain Offline

Loc: Guelph , Ont. Canada
People listen, his systems do work as will Brian Rodgers,Rob Tucker, and so on. It is called direct response marketing and if you follow any of these guy's (and others as well)you will generate dozens of leads per month. The website is just one tool in the arsenal. You have to learn and then understand DRM and then you will know why all these so called gimmicks work so quit being a naysayer and decide if this is for you or not. If not no biggie if so pick one of these so called guru's clear your mind of what you think you know, listen and do. The money will come, the key is in the follow up. P.S. It does not matter whether someone else in your market is doing it. The two years I ran Craigs system were my best years all while the top guy in our area was doing better then I was....and My area is only 120,000 people. Its ok, I still did my business and made a good living.

www.thedreamteamonline.ca
www.GuelphHousevalues.ca
www.easyhomesearch.ca

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Will1329, OpClassicGal, TonywithAM, EWcontractor, AnnyGraell
31077 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 56 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Trouble 13
CathCoy 11
Long Walk 10
Lucky Leonardo 7
Bigtoe 7
Z06Fanatic 5
Admin 4
Mr. Clean 4
sualk54 3