Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28494202
No new orders today 13139647
Stupid MLS comments. 3344097
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1228056
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1101953
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1056675
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 845497
Let's talk about our cars 698101
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 623102
Most common items found at an REO 618495
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 614258
REOTRANS 462814
EML 459235
Main Street 443720
asset val seminar in colorado 422346
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 353440
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 328647
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 712 of 712 < 1 2 ... 710 711 712
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461499 - 05/16/18 02:49 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Z06Fanatic]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
Picked up a great listing yesterday. They had expired in February - he said I could take a look at the property if I have any buyers but he didn't want to list. I get there and take a look around - he says share it with your Buyers and people in your office. I tell him I could share this with a handful of buyers that might be interested but we really need to get on the MLS and target the thousands of buyers out there. After about 30 minutes of talking and closing 4-5 times to list I get him to sign up and we're set to shoot photos this weekend. I think last year I would of left without the listing - probably would of given up easier. I think the other point is being able to close multiple times without coming off as pushy - handling objections in a confident calm manner is something I've gotten a lot better at. Anyways figured I'd share - back to the grind.

Can you illustrate how you close? What are some questions you ask?

I always feel I can not make them do something they don't want to do ... closing is a weakness I have to work on

Edited by RonnieEmz (05/16/18 02:56 PM)

Advertisements
#461500 - 05/16/18 03:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
Wow, Mr. Clean...congrats!!!!

#461502 - 05/17/18 07:16 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
Ronnie,
You have been so successful, I can't imagine you have difficulty closing.
But I have found both in a sales situation and in life, a little injection of humour moves an awkward situation forward in the direction I want. Most sellers will respond to a good laugh. Make fun of yourself, or the gravity of the discussion.
For example: "so what will you do if you don't sell...stay here til they remove you in a pine box" (like we haven't heard that one a million times". Or whatever is light-hearted. My 2 cents worth.

#461503 - 05/17/18 09:13 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
Picked up a great listing yesterday. They had expired in February - he said I could take a look at the property if I have any buyers but he didn't want to list. I get there and take a look around - he says share it with your Buyers and people in your office. I tell him I could share this with a handful of buyers that might be interested but we really need to get on the MLS and target the thousands of buyers out there. After about 30 minutes of talking and closing 4-5 times to list I get him to sign up and we're set to shoot photos this weekend. I think last year I would of left without the listing - probably would of given up easier. I think the other point is being able to close multiple times without coming off as pushy - handling objections in a confident calm manner is something I've gotten a lot better at. Anyways figured I'd share - back to the grind.

I always feel I can not make them do something they don't want to do ... closing is a weakness I have to work on

i have this saying i tell agents

"you can get someone to agree with you, but you cannot change their mind"

example...you giving pricing information....seller tells you they want 525k for their home......you show comps and ask them if they understand how you came up with the value of 500k.....they nod their head and say, yeah, i see, makes sense.....and you offer to list at 500k...they say no, im going to go on at 525k......

what im getting at is that part of sales is just being there when they are ready to make the decision....gaining the status as thier trusted agent through all 4-5 times that z06fanatic did ask for the close....

often people know what they need to do, but they have trouble getting htere......some will get there the first time you ask....some will get there the 10th time.

often i call someone adn ask if they are going to be selling their home......if they have an agent...they say no, not selling now......i say ok, when are you going to be selling...they say next month...after my daughter gets married......
^^^^^^see, in my mind, their answer should have been yes they are selling, becuase 1 month is right now in the world of real estate sales....but in their mind it was different....so it really comes down to communication...often the second, third, forth close is really jsut getting to the truth and the reason so that they can move forward.....in that exmaple i gave about the daughter getting married, most agents would have given up when they said they are not selling now, but the second close was hinted to in regards to your ability when they gave you the reason of not now and the timeline of the why behind it...this allows another opportunity as you have wittled down the information needed to get to a final answer. so now you can close for an appt at x date.....or at least a follow up at x date with the intention to book an appt.

cant tell you the number of times i get a no
me...are you selling
them...no
me....would you want me to follow up with you in the future
them...yeah, call me on tuesday

(im like seriously, wtf...but tbh, im glad its not easy...it means you need skill...and as long as i have skill that others dont, i provide value...and when i provide value i make money in exchange and that is why i show up to work and get paid probably more than i could make doing anything else that i'm aware at this time...if if found something else, i'd probably be doing that.)

Edited by estatereal (05/17/18 09:16 AM)

#461505 - 05/17/18 10:51 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US

I agree with everyone - you can't change someone's mind you just gotta be there when they're ready or on the tipping point....here's a breakdown

-I get there, he shows me around the house - we agree price is good. He doesn't want to be on MLS as he's sick of all the showings and low ball offers - I agree with him. I tell him I'm glad I came by in case I have a Buyer who calls me up looking for something like this, but we need to be on the MLS to get full exposure. He says no.

-He then says I can share it with the Agents in my office - I say I definitely will but the goal is to share it with the world - he hesitates and says no again.

-This goes on and on a couple times then he says so when would we list it till September? I said that sounds like plenty of time - we can even schedule showings to work with your schedule so you don't have people coming in and out all day. Eventually he signs.I think this situation is very rare but I'm glad I pushed on him a couple times. He made it easy - he was easy to talk to and you could tell his desire was there to sell.

#461506 - 05/17/18 07:04 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: estatereal

i have this saying i tell agents

"you can get someone to agree with you, but you cannot change their mind"

example...you giving pricing information....seller tells you they want 525k for their home......you show comps and ask them if they understand how you came up with the value of 500k.....they nod their head and say, yeah, i see, makes sense.....and you offer to list at 500k...they say no, im going to go on at 525k......

what im getting at is that part of sales is just being there when they are ready to make the decision....gaining the status as thier trusted agent through all 4-5 times that z06fanatic did ask for the close....

often people know what they need to do, but they have trouble getting htere......some will get there the first time you ask....some will get there the 10th time.

often i call someone adn ask if they are going to be selling their home......if they have an agent...they say no, not selling now......i say ok, when are you going to be selling...they say next month...after my daughter gets married......
^^^^^^see, in my mind, their answer should have been yes they are selling, becuase 1 month is right now in the world of real estate sales....but in their mind it was different....so it really comes down to communication...often the second, third, forth close is really jsut getting to the truth and the reason so that they can move forward.....in that exmaple i gave about the daughter getting married, most agents would have given up when they said they are not selling now, but the second close was hinted to in regards to your ability when they gave you the reason of not now and the timeline of the why behind it...this allows another opportunity as you have wittled down the information needed to get to a final answer. so now you can close for an appt at x date.....or at least a follow up at x date with the intention to book an appt.

cant tell you the number of times i get a no
me...are you selling
them...no
me....would you want me to follow up with you in the future
them...yeah, call me on tuesday

(im like seriously, wtf...but tbh, im glad its not easy...it means you need skill...and as long as i have skill that others dont, i provide value...and when i provide value i make money in exchange and that is why i show up to work and get paid probably more than i could make doing anything else that i'm aware at this time...if if found something else, i'd probably be doing that.)

Yes I find this to be very true. I donít think closing is so much convincing people to do what they donít want to, but rather helping them overcome their procrastination and fears by telling them to do what they already want to inside but are scared of.

Closing is also great because it is the quickest way to disqualify time wasters

Page 712 of 712 < 1 2 ... 710 711 712

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
SDagent, LocalRealEstate, murthy, eis, Turbo-BPO101
30132 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (TimWin23), 93 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Team Sztanyo 33
Trouble 17
kirastan 16
Z06Fanatic 16
estatereal 12
LuG 11
Bigtoe 11
Mr. Clean 11
RonnieEmz 10