Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Barbara Herbert 31
Dripping Springs 30
Vermont 24
Mr. Clean 23
Lucky Leonardo 23
RonnieEmz 21
Trouble 19
WolfHouse 17
Z06Fanatic 15
Marksmith 13
Daniel1234 9
Aliya 8
David Hunter 8
RandomREODudeOK 7
rjlocal22 5
Matched Content
Page 624 of 624 < 1 2 ... 622 623 624
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#457876 - 05/24/17 10:32 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
SDREALTY Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Yea I know it doesn't come quick. I'm dedicated to a year of cold calling it's just a little discouraging to not see any leads. Hopefully they'll come. I don't think it's my phone skills or tonality. I have experience with phone sales before this and did pretty well. I think maybe it's the time of day I'm calling. I call from 3pm - 6pm because it's the most convenient time for me to call. Perhaps I'll call in the mornings and later in the evenings. I'm not sure how the LA market is but yes inventory is pretty low here. But I did get 3 misses with people that just listed so there is activity. Just wish I could get the leads you guys were getting. I'll keep plugging. I just wanted to see if this is normal at all to slump this bad.

Advertisements
#457878 - 05/24/17 11:26 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
SDREALTY,
It depends....contact rates and leads vary a lot. Depends on area, demographics, timing....etc. Lots of times I get one good lead per 5-600 contacts, other times it might be a better ratio. In my area, the demographics have the most impact on the pick-up rate and lead potential. You have to experiment with all of it. But do it in an orderly way so you can track it. Lay out your calling lists by area or your by your town street map. Your town should have a map grid. Obviously certain types of homes have homeowners at home during the day, others only at night.

#457880 - 05/24/17 01:13 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: SDREALTY]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
ok, Socal market (and norcal bay area, from what I've seen) is tricky. You probably have to do a little more than just cold calling.

You might have to research tax records and see which owners have the most equity or have had a change in family status. You can do that with Realist tax.

The most successful agents I've seen, in addition to cold calling, door knock and send out postcards. This is because almost no one in my LA neighborhood picks up the phone.

#457881 - 05/24/17 01:43 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: SDREALTY]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: SDREALTY
Yea I know it doesn't come quick. I'm dedicated to a year of cold calling it's just a little discouraging to not see any leads. Hopefully they'll come. I don't think it's my phone skills or tonality. I have experience with phone sales before this and did pretty well. I think maybe it's the time of day I'm calling. I call from 3pm - 6pm because it's the most convenient time for me to call. Perhaps I'll call in the mornings and later in the evenings. I'm not sure how the LA market is but yes inventory is pretty low here. But I did get 3 misses with people that just listed so there is activity. Just wish I could get the leads you guys were getting. I'll keep plugging. I just wanted to see if this is normal at all to slump this bad.

Find out what the turnover rates are in the areas you are calling. Use your city's mapping GIS system, or a postal code counter, or just manually count out 500 homes. My area has a 7.5% turnover in an average year. Last year it was over 10%. However, I know that it is mostly older subdivisions I am calling, and older people, since those are the ones likely to have landlines. Those areas and demographics have lower turnover, so my calling lists likely have a turnover or closer to 5% on an average year.

Once you know your turnover, it's easy math to figure out if your tonality, pace, qualifying etc. Is causing people to lie to you about moving, or if hardly anybody in your list is actually moving. For example, I know that with 5% turnover 1 in every 80 people I speak with will be moving in the next 3 months. Of those, probably 2 of 3 already has an agent in mind. So 1 in ~250 people that I speak to will be a solid lead, IF they all told me the truth and I qualified them properly. So call it more like one in 400 contacts I should find a solid lead listing in the next 3 months without an agent in mind. And that's with 5% turnover. I take 5x more leads than that because I go further out than 3 months and I believe qualifying is often a process which takes more than one phone call.

#457882 - 05/24/17 02:03 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: SDREALTY]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: SDREALTY

I think it takes atleast a year to see any worthwhile result

#457883 - 05/24/17 02:31 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
Years ago, I used to calculate % turnover rates, but in my opinion it was not productive. It did not indicate the propensity for me to get business in that neighbourhood. Other factors I mentioned before were more relevant, and only over the course of one year, will you see a pattern for your marketplace. With increased skills, tonality, and a lot of friggin dials, you will see your dials/contacts/leads/contracts ratio.

#457884 - 05/24/17 02:44 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Years ago, I used to calculate % turnover rates, but in my opinion it was not productive. It did not indicate the propensity for me to get business in that neighbourhood. Other factors I mentioned before were more relevant, and only over the course of one year, will you see a pattern for your marketplace. With increased skills, tonality, and a lot of friggin dials, you will see your dials/contacts/leads/contracts ratio.

Listen to this guy instead, I've only been in the business 7 weeks lol

Edited by Mr. Clean (05/24/17 02:44 PM)

#457885 - 05/24/17 03:55 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
SDREALTY Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
All good stuff. Very interesting. I'm gonna make it work. Failure isn't really in the cards at this point. I'm gonna dial away and track my numbers and I'll try to post my numbers on here.

#457891 - Yesterday at 09:07 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Anyone have issues where 1 phone is constantly breaking up? I have two mojos - one phone never has issues while the other I keep getting people telling me I'm breaking up - very frustrating

#457894 - Yesterday at 10:01 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
On a personal note;

I am still pretty bummed out by the loss of Chris Cornell......anyone else a fan?
What a talent. Even if you are not into Rock, check out his solo career, especially accoustically.
Amazing.

#457897 - Yesterday at 03:39 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
On a personal note;

I am still pretty bummed out by the loss of Chris Cornell......anyone else a fan?
What a talent. Even if you are not into Rock, check out his solo career, especially accoustically.
Amazing.

Saw him on the Higher Truth tour in NYC....amazing artist - sad to hear of his passing

#457898 - Yesterday at 06:49 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
James007 Online   content

Loc: NJ, USA
5:28 billable hours
214 contacts
Mojo keeps kicking me off since 7:30pm
Anyone else having this problem?

#457901 - Today at 05:29 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
James007 Online   content

Loc: NJ, USA
4:17 prospecting
189 contacts
No follow up calls
3 leads

Need to invest in a headset

Edited by James007 (Today at 05:29 PM)

Page 624 of 624 < 1 2 ... 622 623 624

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Realtors, kizzme, chanel majic, JakeA, dew72
29470 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28090823
No new orders today 13085204
Stupid MLS comments. 3264846
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1179008
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1050743
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1020626
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 815829
Let's talk about our cars 662718
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 598197