Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28449853
No new orders today 13134363
Stupid MLS comments. 3337854
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1223944
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1099843
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1054565
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843185
Let's talk about our cars 696238
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 621585
Most common items found at an REO 614598
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612011
REOTRANS 460319
EML 459235
Main Street 441398
asset val seminar in colorado 421135
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352269
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327522
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 705 of 706 < 1 2 ... 703 704 705 706 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461167 - 04/11/18 10:23 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: HChomat]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Seconded...just dumping a whole pile of "leads" that said they may be, possible are listing in the spring...dump the Time Vampires!

Advertisements
#461175 - 04/14/18 12:58 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
$124,000 closed and pending so far in 2018. Howís everybody's year shaping up?

Every day I become more convinced that I should just be blindly following mike ferry.. I think I would be at $200k if I just did everything he said verbatim!

Edited by Mr. Clean (04/14/18 01:09 AM)

#461178 - 04/14/18 07:58 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
what do you do differently?
what would you be doing if you were using mike ferry teachings blindly as opposed to what you are doing

#461179 - 04/14/18 10:47 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: estatereal
what would you be doing if you were using mike ferry teachings blindly as opposed to what you are doing

-I would start role playing daily
-I would start previewing property
-My listing presentation would be 20 min long and be a canned dialogue focused on pricing and motivation. Right now itís 60 min long, only partially canned, has a lot more rapport building, and I donít hammer them on their pricing and motivation as hard as ferry would have me
-I would fully prequalify my appointments
-I get too involved in my deals.. ferry wants me to stop being a drama queen
-I donít follow his prospecting scripts verbatim (I am starting to now though - and it is great)
-I would stop having a Facebook page for my sphere
-I would stop my email newslettter to my sphere
-I would stop mailing JL/JS
-I would not be planning a condo building mail farm
-I would not be planning a geographic mailing and doorknock farm

It would really simplify my day and business and leave a lot more time to talk to people if I cut all that stuff out. But here is why I am hesitant on some of the points:

Yesterday I had someone I cold called.. they wanted a cma. Said they were maybe moving in 6 Months. I Brushed them off said call me closer to when you list. I followed up a few weeks later and they said they still are thinking 6 months but would like to know how much itís worth now. I reluctantly agreed. Ferryís prequal script doesnít even worth with someone 6 months out because by definition they arenít qualified lol. So I show up yesterday, didnít even have a contract. End of the cma they ask me to get them on the market, i had to have them sign on my computer lol. $1,050,000 listing. Iíve had this multiple times

Last week I sold a listing that I was convinced was worth $580,000 MAX. Seller was absolutely convinced he could get $620,000 for it, and he wasnít motivated to move unless he could get that.. I could tell he wouldnít hire me unless I thought so too. So I kept things vague about selling price and took the listing at $620,000 expecting it likely not to sell. I sold it before the open house over asking for $630,000

And then all the marketing that I spend time on.. I want to look to cool friends and family.. also I would hate calling my sphere (past clients I donít mind).

When it comes to mailings, there is a guy in my market who grossed $1.25m last year spending $150,000 to mail to 8000 homes weekly. Thatís pretty phenomenal. When he was younger like me he mailed a condo building weekly and they name it after him, he sold 28 units in the building one year. So mailing works really well in my market. And bottom line is that if there is a profitable and duplicatable way to market to people, who wouldnít want to do that instead of prospect?

So it comes down to.. I am not hardcore enough to let go of weaker appointments and leads because my volume isnít high enough to justify that yet. And.. I want to be somewhat marketing based for my own ego and because it is a more enjoyable way to generate business and very effective in my market.. yes Iím a bit of a heretic.. burn me at the stake.

Bottom line though, I know I would be making more money RIGHT NOW if I just did everything mike ferry says. I donít though because I want a business that is also party marketing based in the future and so some of my time is eaten up building that future business

Edited by Mr. Clean (04/14/18 10:52 AM)

#461180 - 04/15/18 12:15 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
kirastan Offline

Loc: United States
I don't understand.. He's saying he prefers less work, is the 100 cold calls isn't considered working?

#461182 - 04/15/18 11:30 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: kirastan]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Nope...he's saying he needs to focus more on stuff that produces $$$

#461196 - 04/16/18 10:03 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

@ mr. clean

the following is just my opinion....
long story short...there is nothing that gets more contacts per hour than the phone
there is nothing that will be a better use of your time than getting an appoinment or going on one
focus on getting them...the only thing that hsould break that routing is going on them....this will ensure your highest and best use of your time...the rest is fluff to sell your a product.

no need if you go on tons of appointments and book tons of appointments-I would start role playing daily

why? again, if you are going on tons of appointments, this is a waste of time ....you could book appointments in the time you spend doing this.....this is not mmoney producing-I would start previewing property

people hire who they like...tbh, if i used mike ferry scripts, id cancel or not take 50% of the appointments that i get paid on per year..that = alot of money lost-My listing presentation would be 20 min long and be a canned dialogue focused on pricing and motivation. Right now itís 60 min long, only partially canned, has a lot more rapport building, and I donít hammer them on their pricing and motivation as hard as ferry would have me

again, if you are looking to cancel alot of appointments that you coudl otherwise take and sell, qual harder-I would fully prequalify my appointments

dont be a drama queen.......im there to do a job, simple as that.-I get too involved in my deals.. ferry wants me to stop being a drama queen

tbh, most of the people i get paid on would not do well with his scripts imo...they seem to work on less sophisticated people...if you go on 50+ appointments a year, you should be able to figure out what works an what does not.......here is what i mean by that........take the scripts of everyone you have ever studied...pull the best parts of each.......then put them into your words so you can deliver with confidence and be better than any 1 set of scripts that you can get your hands on-I donít follow his prospecting scripts verbatim (I am starting to now though - and it is great)

i dont facebook and i dont solicit people i know..waste of time...when im not working, i dont want to talk about re at a cookout etc...-I would stop having a Facebook page for my sphere

yeah, imo, lots of time wasters...sure, for the agents who like it and do it, you can do 10 maybe 15 deals a year botehring people you know -I would stop my email newslettter to my sphere

mail is a thing of the past...just like business cards and websites......it is not something that sets you apart-I would stop mailing JL/JS

i wouldnt but thats just me-I would not be planning a condo building mail farm

why knock when you can call...its about contacts per hour....callinig is higher than knocking.-I would not be planning a geographic mailing and doorknock farm

Edited by estatereal (04/16/18 10:06 AM)

#461197 - 04/16/18 10:18 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

let me break it down anotehr way....there is a thread here on the forums...
http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/407574/Mike_Ferry_90_day_Production.html

states this:
Starting the Ferry 90-day Production Schedule tomorrow. Goals for the first 30 days:

1. 2 hours of script practice/role play on Qualifying Script & Listing Presentation
2. 3 hours of prospecting, 20+ Just Listed/Just Sold contacts (may be tough until I get Mojo lead store set up in my area....they say within 2 weeks).
3. Preview 6-8 homes per day.
4. Knock on 2+ expired and 2+ FSBO doors per day
5. 4+ listing appointments and 2+ listings taken

now, im sales to the bone...what i can tell you is this...nobody would pay a coach if the coach said
"go make 6 hours of calls a day"

id cancel out everything but the calling and guarantee i coudl produce higher listings ....its not rocket science...cut out the stuff that does not pay and ***work hard*** prospecting is hard work.

im bringing this up not to knock someone......but the guy who made that thread was about 60 days into it and had 2 listings.....he had a goal of 4 listings in 30 days with 2 buyers
...people dont understand that you cannot get a better result in regards to client acquisition from other things taht dont directly relate to client acquisition ...got to have laser focus.

tehre is anotehr guy from this thread who was doing teh same thing ...blogging about it etc......fizzled out...he did not stick to a plan....and in my opinion, did not have what i saw as a rock solid plan to begin with.

marketing people tell you that you need to stick with thier plan for x time to get results....i disagree...

to get a different result you need a different action

if you you are doing is not working then for crying out loud...do something else. dont make yourself repeat the same mistake

Edited by estatereal (04/16/18 10:42 AM)

#461198 - 04/16/18 11:32 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
We have two resources in this business - time and money. Its clear calling and going on listing appointments is the best use of our time - mailings/door knocking/etc are secondary. Money is a different story - for example if you could pay someone X amount per month to take care of a mailing system or something that provides quality appointments then there is value to be had. The bottom line is to be highly successful in this business you're going to need to be on the phone a lot - I don't see any way around it.

#461202 - 04/16/18 03:15 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
@ mr. clean

long story short...there is nothing that gets more contacts per hour than the phone
there is nothing that will be a better use of your time than getting an appoinment or going on one
focus on getting them...the only thing that hsould break that routing is going on them....this will ensure your highest and best use of your time...the rest is fluff to sell your a product.

no need if you go on tons of appointments and book tons of appointments-I would start role playing daily

why? again, if you are going on tons of appointments, this is a waste of time ....you could book appointments in the time you spend doing this.....this is not mmoney producing-I would start previewing property

people hire who they like...tbh, if i used mike ferry scripts, id cancel or not take 50% of the appointments that i get paid on per year..that = alot of money lost-My listing presentation would be 20 min long and be a canned dialogue focused on pricing and motivation. Right now itís 60 min long, only partially canned, has a lot more rapport building, and I donít hammer them on their pricing and motivation as hard as ferry would have me

again, if you are looking to cancel alot of appointments that you coudl otherwise take and sell, qual harder-I would fully prequalify my appointments

dont be a drama queen.......im there to do a job, simple as that.-I get too involved in my deals.. ferry wants me to stop being a drama queen

tbh, most of the people i get paid on would not do well with his scripts imo...they seem to work on less sophisticated people...if you go on 50+ appointments a year, you should be able to figure out what works an what does not.......here is what i mean by that........take the scripts of everyone you have ever studied...pull the best parts of each.......then put them into your words so you can deliver with confidence and be better than any 1 set of scripts that you can get your hands on-I donít follow his prospecting scripts verbatim (I am starting to now though - and it is great)

i dont facebook and i dont solicit people i know..waste of time...when im not working, i dont want to talk about re at a cookout etc...-I would stop having a Facebook page for my sphere

yeah, imo, lots of time wasters...sure, for the agents who like it and do it, you can do 10 maybe 15 deals a year botehring people you know -I would stop my email newslettter to my sphere

mail is a thing of the past...just like business cards and websites......it is not something that sets you apart-I would stop mailing JL/JS

why knock when you can call...its about contacts per hour....callinig is higher than knocking.-I would not be planning a geographic mailing and doorknock farm

So you would not build a database of Past Clients and COI?

#461203 - 04/16/18 03:42 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
@ mr. clean

no, thats not what im saying at all......

this is the hard part about multiple real estate agents talking to one another........definitions are loose....

example.....a contact...some call a contact someone who picks up the phone and says hello....others call it a contact if you can verify that the person on teh phone is teh owner of the home....
big difference in the numbers if you break it down like that by definition...

so for hte purpose of using my database of past clients...thats easy.....i do believe in following up with them in some form or another ...

in regards to your sphere of influence ....soi.....see, jsut there we have a different acronym you call it coi, i call it soi...but i get the idea ...im guessing you call it your "center" of influence where as im calling it the sphere of influence.

me personally, it comes down to time and what i want to do with it....im not a buffini fan ...going to everyone i know asking for referrals would annoy me to and for me, just not something im into.....when im not in the office, nobody knows what i do for a living....i dont want chairs and umbrellas at my kids game so that people approach me or i approach them and talk about real estate.....im there for my kid....when i think of the soi business...by my definition, its about marketing to people whom you have conact with...friends, family, pta, sports....me personally, id rather just enjoy the event....so i choose for other methods of marketing for business..

past clients are a different story...again, by definition, and how i get business, past clients for me are not for the most part friends and family so they are treated as a business contact as opposed to a personal contact...again, it all comes down to definitions.

the people in my soi who use me are going to use me regardless of me reaching out to them about real estate or not....and if they use someone else, its nbd....

in all honesty, for me...this is just me, but i like working with friends and family the least.....what happens to your relationship when you tell them the truth and they cant handle the truth?

have you guys/gals ever been pitched on something by a friend or family member? not sure about you guys, but it stinks. i dont want to be that guy people avoid at a family function or cookout cause im always talking about business.

business is for work, when im off, im off.

#461204 - 04/16/18 04:22 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
@ mr. clean

no, thats not what im saying at all......

this is the hard part about multiple real estate agents talking to one another........definitions are loose....

example.....a contact...some call a contact someone who picks up the phone and says hello....others call it a contact if you can verify that the person on teh phone is teh owner of the home....
big difference in the numbers if you break it down like that by definition...

so for hte purpose of using my database of past clients...thats easy.....i do believe in following up with them in some form or another ...

in regards to your sphere of influence ....soi.....see, jsut there we have a different acronym you call it coi, i call it soi...but i get the idea ...im guessing you call it your "center" of influence where as im calling it the sphere of influence.

me personally, it comes down to time and what i want to do with it....im not a buffini fan ...going to everyone i know asking for referrals would annoy me to and for me, just not something im into.....when im not in the office, nobody knows what i do for a living....i dont want chairs and umbrellas at my kids game so that people approach me or i approach them and talk about real estate.....im there for my kid....when i think of the soi business...by my definition, its about marketing to people whom you have conact with...friends, family, pta, sports....me personally, id rather just enjoy the event....so i choose for other methods of marketing for business..

past clients are a different story...again, by definition, and how i get business, past clients for me are not for the most part friends and family so they are treated as a business contact as opposed to a personal contact...again, it all comes down to definitions.

the people in my soi who use me are going to use me regardless of me reaching out to them about real estate or not....and if they use someone else, its nbd....

in all honesty, for me...this is just me, but i like working with friends and family the least.....what happens to your relationship when you tell them the truth and they cant handle the truth?

have you guys/gals ever been pitched on something by a friend or family member? not sure about you guys, but it stinks. i dont want to be that guy people avoid at a family function or cookout cause im always talking about business.

business is for work, when im off, im off.

To each their own ... I personally don't think there is anything wrong with providing value for people (through keeping in touch with them through a quarterly phone call) in return for some possible referrals, but if you want to leave the business for someone else, go right ahead ...

#461207 - 04/17/18 07:40 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Daniel1234 Offline

Loc: Canada
If people or family don't want to work with us is because we don't know yet how to give them value and truly and genuinely help them to achieve their goals.
In a business where providing value must be done withing 2-3 minutes over the phone script + 30-60 minutes listing presentation, it is almost impossible to show people you are fully valuable and most importantly keep them as clients for life.
Questions:
- How did Samsung provide value to me to buy their products
- How did Lexus provide me value to buy a Lexus
- How did Tony Robbins provide value to me to listen to him so often
- How did Microsoft provide value to me to use windows for so many years

You see how I am a life client for all these providers?
How would it be to use cold calling as a tool to build this kind of future business and not to hammer down clients into one time transaction.

And it is not surprising that we who cold call, only have 10% return business since we only focus 10% or less on providing value improve business, and the rest of 90% we put into prospecting and bringing business in (cold calling, follow up etc) - just a simple math.

#461208 - 04/17/18 07:55 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Daniel1234 Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
$124,000 closed and pending so far in 2018. Howís everybody's year shaping up?

Every day I become more convinced that I should just be blindly following mike ferry.. I think I would be at $200k if I just did everything he said verbatim!

Watch this (watch minute 2.40 forward if you don't have full 15 miutes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG1To4hdGk4

#461209 - 04/17/18 08:40 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean

-I would start role playing daily
-I would start previewing property
-My listing presentation would be 20 min long and be a canned dialogue focused on pricing and motivation. Right now itís 60 min long, only partially canned, has a lot more rapport building, and I donít hammer them on their pricing and motivation as hard as ferry would have me
-I would fully prequalify my appointments
-I get too involved in my deals.. ferry wants me to stop being a drama queen
-I donít follow his prospecting scripts verbatim (I am starting to now though - and it is great)
-I would stop having a Facebook page for my sphere
-I would stop my email newslettter to my sphere
-I would stop mailing JL/JS
-I would not be planning a condo building mail farm
-I would not be planning a geographic mailing and doorknock farm

It would really simplify my day and business and leave a lot more time to talk to people if I cut all that stuff out. But here is why I am hesitant on some of the points:

Yesterday I had someone I cold called.. they wanted a cma. Said they were maybe moving in 6 Months. I Brushed them off said call me closer to when you list. I followed up a few weeks later and they said they still are thinking 6 months but would like to know how much itís worth now. I reluctantly agreed. Ferryís prequal script doesnít even worth with someone 6 months out because by definition they arenít qualified lol. So I show up yesterday, didnít even have a contract. End of the cma they ask me to get them on the market, i had to have them sign on my computer lol. $1,050,000 listing. Iíve had this multiple times

Last week I sold a listing that I was convinced was worth $580,000 MAX. Seller was absolutely convinced he could get $620,000 for it, and he wasnít motivated to move unless he could get that.. I could tell he wouldnít hire me unless I thought so too. So I kept things vague about selling price and took the listing at $620,000 expecting it likely not to sell. I sold it before the open house over asking for $630,000

And then all the marketing that I spend time on.. I want to look to cool friends and family.. also I would hate calling my sphere (past clients I donít mind).

When it comes to mailings, there is a guy in my market who grossed $1.25m last year spending $150,000 to mail to 8000 homes weekly. Thatís pretty phenomenal. When he was younger like me he mailed a condo building weekly and they name it after him, he sold 28 units in the building one year. So mailing works really well in my market. And bottom line is that if there is a profitable and duplicatable way to market to people, who wouldnít want to do that instead of prospect?

So it comes down to.. I am not hardcore enough to let go of weaker appointments and leads because my volume isnít high enough to justify that yet. And.. I want to be somewhat marketing based for my own ego and because it is a more enjoyable way to generate business and very effective in my market.. yes Iím a bit of a heretic.. burn me at the stake.

Bottom line though, I know I would be making more money RIGHT NOW if I just did everything mike ferry says. I donít though because I want a business that is also party marketing based in the future and so some of my time is eaten up building that future business

Take 5-10k (or whatever you're comfortable with) and start a bi weekly mailer or whatever the recommended time frame is...pay someone else to print and do the mailing so it takes no time away from you and see what happens - I doubt this will have a negative ROI - at the very least you breakeven and nothing was lost.

Page 705 of 706 < 1 2 ... 703 704 705 706 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1, philgore
30073 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 34
Vermont 17
kirastan 15
estatereal 12
Gamin' Agent 10
sualk54 8
Mr. Clean 6
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6