Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28390609
No new orders today 13128333
Stupid MLS comments. 3323556
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1215070
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1087633
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1050723
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 838865
Let's talk about our cars 686004
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 618924
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 608770
Most common items found at an REO 601477
EML 459234
REOTRANS 452805
Main Street 437482
asset val seminar in colorado 418821
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 350103
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 323867
Evalonline 300207
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 692 of 695 < 1 2 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#460628 - 02/13/18 10:26 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
I know what de-rails me.... is when I have great deal go south. Last year I sold a client's house (from a cold call) and put them into a rental. In January they called me to say they came into some significant money and had picked out the perfect house to buy. I prepared the offer documents,for a $3.4 million dollar deal, ready for signatures, and he had the bank draft deposit. The buyer called in the afternoon and asked to postpone our meeting for the next day as he was violently ill with the flu.
Overnight the buyer had a mild stroke and is still in the hospital, with a feeding tube.!!!!!
I mean what are the chances !!!!
I feel really bad for him, but it would have been sweet at 2.25%

Took a few days off and back to the phones.

Advertisements
#460629 - 02/14/18 06:38 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
HChomat Offline

Loc: FL
Don't dwell on the past, move forward and think big. Think that it could happen again from another cold call. Think that you will land another $2.5 million dollar transaction and it will happen again and again because of your hard work and persistence. Stay focus, think big and don't dwell on the past...

Edited by HChomat (02/14/18 07:00 AM)

#460630 - 02/14/18 07:50 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: HChomat]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: HChomat
Don't dwell on the past, move forward and think big. Think that it could happen again from another cold call. Think that you will land another $2.5 million dollar transaction and it will happen again and again because of your hard work and persistence. Stay focus, think big and don't dwell on the past...

Agreed!

Focus on the process ... don't be attached to the outcome ...

You win every day you do your job to your fullest potential ... the money is a byproduct ...

Edited by RonnieEmz (02/14/18 07:51 AM)

#460632 - 02/14/18 01:16 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

thanks guys. appreciate the encouragement. I'm movin on.

#460633 - 02/14/18 01:27 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Trouble

Does the "minor" stroke mean that your Buyer won't ever return to the marketplace ?

I'd encourage him with a Get Well Card . . . . or something much more creative (but in good taste) !

#460634 - 02/14/18 01:49 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Originally Posted By: Trouble

Seriously, be glad it happened BEFORE the offer was signed and accepted

#460635 - 02/14/18 03:36 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

Agreed!

You win every day you do your job to your fullest potential ... the money is a byproduct ...

Very true - the big success is the contacts/appointments/etc - these are controllable factors.

As a side note - I went on an appointment yesterday - 1.35M expired - it was in an area I've never done business and frankly I didn't have much confidence in things working out. We ended up signing the listing with a slight price reduction, full commission. This isn't a brag because its really not that interesting, but I wanted to let people know you can get listings outside your market and sometimes things just click....I use to think why would someone hire me when they can hire X agent who sold 40 houses last year and dominates this market - I think what it comes down to is Sellers make emotional decisions so they're not choosing the top Agent in their market every time.

#460639 - 02/14/18 08:14 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
I just listed one today that I made first cold contact with yesterday.

In the last 10 months I've been on 23 listing appointments from prospecting where the seller actually listed. Of those 23, I made first contact with 19 of them within 30 days of the listing appointment. Only 4 came from extended Follow-Up.

I have 150 leads in my database right now!!! They're almost all trash!!!

Does anybody here in a very competitive market ($600k+ avg price point) actually get much out of their follow up? If i have a lead and they haven't done anything after 30 days they are almost always trash

#460640 - 02/14/18 08:41 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
HChomat Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean

In the last 10 months I've been on 23 listing appointments from prospecting where the seller actually listed. Of those 23, I made first contact with 19 of them within 30 days of the listing appointment. Only 4 came from extended Follow-Up.

Does anybody here in a very competitive market ($600k+ avg price point) actually get much out of their follow up? If i have a lead and they haven't done anything after 30 days they are almost always trash

They are not leads, they are prospects or contacts that you call on any given day. If they are not signing in 7 to 10 days they no longer a lead but just another contact to call once in a while.

#460641 - 02/14/18 10:58 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Vermont]
Trouble Offline

thank you, I did send a card and "valentine chocolates" for the family even tho the Buyer cannot swallow yet. You're right maybe in 4-6 months he'll be back in the market.

Interesting how this business gets you involved in people's lives, their happiness and their sadness.

Edited by Trouble (02/14/18 11:02 PM)

#460642 - 02/15/18 03:42 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: HChomat]
Mr. Clean Offline

They are not leads, they are prospects or contacts that you call on any given day. If they are not signing in 7 to 10 days they no longer a lead but just another contact to call once in a while.

You’ve drank a tall glass of mike ferry Kool-Aid!

Again, mike ferry’s hardcore advice works for some markets.. not for others. The listing I took today, his scripts, qualification system and presentation works great on that type of client. The $2m homes I pitch, totally different game. Gotta be diverse and adapt to each client. In my market the mike ferry guys don’t do the high-end, even though it is good money and the last decaide it was actually hotter than the low end. Mike ferry’s system just doesn’t work as well on sophisticated sellers. The sellers I listed today though were less sophisticated and I used much of his scripts and listing process.

#460643 - 02/15/18 05:08 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
HChomat Offline

You’ve drank a tall glass of mike ferry Kool-Aid!

Again, mike ferry’s hardcore advice works for some markets.. not for others. The listing I took today, his scripts, qualification system and presentation works great on that type of client. The $2m homes I pitch, totally different game. Gotta be diverse and adapt to each client. In my market the mike ferry guys don’t do the high-end, even though it is good money and the last decaide it was actually hotter than the low end. Mike ferry’s system just doesn’t work as well on sophisticated sellers. The sellers I listed today though were less sophisticated and I used much of his scripts and listing process.

Mike Ferry teaches us to be versatile. Adapt to situation... listen, adapt and ask many questions.

#460644 - 02/15/18 07:44 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic

Agreed!

Very true - the big success is the contacts/appointments/etc - these are controllable factors.

As a side note - I went on an appointment yesterday - 1.35M expired - it was in an area I've never done business and frankly I didn't have much confidence in things working out. We ended up signing the listing with a slight price reduction, full commission. This isn't a brag because its really not that interesting, but I wanted to let people know you can get listings outside your market and sometimes things just click....I use to think why would someone hire me when they can hire X agent who sold 40 houses last year and dominates this market - I think what it comes down to is Sellers make emotional decisions so they're not choosing the top Agent in their market every time.

Congrats!

#460645 - 02/15/18 08:06 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

There is no right or wrong way to do this business ... focus on your goals and your business plan ... focus on what has worked and do your best to increase that, while at the same time decreasing what is not working ... get more efficient with every aspect of the sales process ... get more efficient with your time ... stop focusing on what does not work (mike ferry etc) and focus on what does work (building relationships, value, providing excellent service)... and everything will fall into place ...

There is no answer to your question of lead follow up because every lead is different ... some people like to have a long drawn out sales process and will be loyal to you ... some will list with the first one that shows up the day they are ready ... some will always go with a referral ... etc ...

What are your goals for the year?

#460646 - 02/15/18 10:27 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Mr. Clean Offline

There is no right or wrong way to do this business ... focus on your goals and your business plan ... focus on what has worked and do your best to increase that, while at the same time decreasing what is not working ... get more efficient with every aspect of the sales process ... get more efficient with your time ... stop focusing on what does not work (mike ferry etc) and focus on what does work (building relationships, value, providing excellent service)... and everything will fall into place ...

There is no answer to your question of lead follow up because every lead is different ... some people like to have a long drawn out sales process and will be loyal to you ... some will list with the first one that shows up the day they are ready ... some will always go with a referral ... etc ...

What are your goals for the year?

Thanks Ronnie. You’ve always got such level headed advice lol.

My goal is to double my production from my first year. Ambitious because I had a pretty good first year. So.. :

18 deals
$15.5m volume
$240,000 GCI

Page 692 of 695 < 1 2 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Tim Hall, Richie Rich, norm christian, Ribika_G, opetherealtor
29968 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (CaliRealtor23), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 17
Trouble 14
sualk54 13
RonnieEmz 13
Mr. Clean 12
Z06Fanatic 10
avidstudent 6
jetgetset 6