Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28357208
No new orders today 13124365
Stupid MLS comments. 3313041
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208693
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1083405
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043612
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836609
Let's talk about our cars 682950
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 615299
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 604070
Most common items found at an REO 595196
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449501
Main Street 435308
asset val seminar in colorado 415754
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 347343
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317655
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 686 of 688 < 1 2 ... 684 685 686 687 688 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#460313 - 01/10/18 02:20 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Online   content

Loc: GTA Ontario
Lucky, you are so right! I've spent one year calling on this area, and you know the demographics. My goal this year is to switch and add new areas to call in. It's too brutal.
Here's to a more productive territory.

Advertisements
#460314 - 01/10/18 03:16 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Lucky, you are so right! I've spent one year calling on this area, and you know the demographics. My goal this year is to switch and add new areas to call in. It's too brutal.
Here's to a more productive territory.

Good girl. Do it now!

I call 7 different demographic areas. I often wonder if Iím spread too thin. But so far I appreciate the variety. It keeps me consistent.

#460319 - 01/10/18 10:46 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mr. Clean Online   content

Loc: Western Canada
Question for Lucky, Ronnie, Estatereal, and any of the other telephone prospectors in this forum with at least a few years under your belt:

How much have you focused on memorizing and internalizing scripts?

I have called back leads a month after speaking with them and theyíve listed with someone else, And thought hmm maybe I should be talking with my leads longer on the phone, running through full 10 line scripts that coaches like mike ferry suggest. Gives me more opportunity to reveal there motivation. And then close close close, and respond to their objections for meeting with more scripts.

But then part of me also thinks well Iím going to waste more time meeting with people because I forced it, and running through lengthy scripts on the phone with people who arenít serious, maybe I should just dial more numbers and keep looking for the people who quickly reveal their motivation and readily want to meet.

What do you guys think? Is their value in learning these scripts so that I have a response to every objection? ďI have a realtor in mindĒ ďIím selling in 2 months but donít want to meet you yetĒ etc.

It seems like the coaches want us to argue till weíre blue in the face with every lead spitting out line after line to keep them on the phone. I kind of have a hard time doing this because I think weíll if they donít want to talk to me.. booking a meeting is probably wasting my time. Although Iíve noticed this seems more important to do with expireds because they are getting bombarded, compared to neighbourhood calling they generally donít have as many defenses up.

Also if anybody has any great scripts they use, please share. Iíve been looking through mike ferryís, Kevin wards, and realestatetrainer.comís. I could be wrong, but I feel like some of these scripts treat the sellers like dummies, and it might work if you are dealing with working class people in $200k homes.. but I donít think some of these lines and tactics are going to go over well with educated sellers in million dollar homes.. as prices go up seller expectations go up and the balance of power between seller and realtor seems to shift. If I had such high standards, boundaries, and bosses people around like mike ferry does I donít think many would go for it! But please correct me if Iím wrong Iím curious what others have found especially in markets similar to Vancouver

Edited by Mr. Clean (01/10/18 10:55 PM)

#460322 - 01/11/18 06:16 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

My recommendation is to make a hell of a lot more contacts as well as continuously work
On scripts & dialogues.

If you really truly want to make MORE, you have to do more of everything and continuously upgrade everything. This includes scripts, dialogues & and mail outs.

The truth is most agents donít really truly want to make more money. They give lip service start & stop, quit & start but thatís about it.

Through massive massive action in calling, you will refine everything and tweek everything out of frustration. If agents truly wanted more, everyone here would dominate the Mojo contest forever. It should be everyoneís goal here to be in the top 10.

Every lead you lose, every appointment you screw up, will frustrate you to find a solution but it takes massive action to see success in everything.

I

#460334 - 01/11/18 02:02 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
imo...

the less words you use to get an appointment hte better....once you can book an appt...get the f off the phone....i have a mission, book an appt.....i keep teh conversation as short as possible once i get hwat i need...reason.....real relationship builds best in person.....and to ask them teh same questions in person makes me an idiot....i know id be liek "didnt he ask me the same questions on the phone" if someone did it to me...

...i follow the golden rule.....

and the reality is that you gotta be different than your competition....

they tell me all the time that they have talked to x number of agents and think they have one selected........so you gotta find out what made them select that person....and let them know if you can beat that...if you can, tell them how and ask for an appt.....

think of an introduction...if someone has a 40 second introducting to tell me their name, they already lost me.....i dont need a half minute to have you introduce yourself and tell me something i already know and i have heard 20 times this morning.

"hi, my name is john smith and i'm with xyz realty. i noticed you home is off of the market and wondered if you were still interested in selling?

so, now...lets disect that.....you went through that intro before finding out if you have the homeowner on the phone.....many agnets do.....bottom line, just refine, test, refine more test more....get it down and use it...track it and repeat...

if htey have an objection that you hear over and over, see what you can do to overcome it...you should have a specific answer for that specific objection tht you have used 100 times before.

#460335 - 01/11/18 02:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Major Contributor

most people dont spend enought time on the phone.....i spend most of my work day on the phone....so far this year, i have worked every day since the 2nd of jan.....

as of yesterday
yesterday was the 10th
i had 11 appointments booked...
so, 1 more appt booked than days so far since working this year

today is the 11th....i need to book another appt today to stay ahead of it...

i have massive, massive, massive pileups of leads.....making me work 7 days a week (typically i work 5 days a week and take calls from leads outside of my work hours, but dont initiate the call unless i have it on my schedule).

i make it when i can...and i dont stop cause a certain hour of the day has hit...im solidifying my year right now.......

i need to get 1 more appt today to keep ahead of track because i know that as the year continues, it gets harder...this time of the year (first quarter) is always highest number of appointments booked eveyr year.....so i want to knock out as much as i can....

#460339 - 01/11/18 04:05 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: estatereal
imo...

the less words you use to get an appointment hte better....once you can book an appt...get the f off the phone....i have a mission, book an appt.....i keep teh conversation as short as possible once i get hwat i need...reason.....real relationship builds best in person.....and to ask them teh same questions in person makes me an idiot....i know id be liek "didnt he ask me the same questions on the phone" if someone did it to me...

they tell me all the time that they have talked to x number of agents and think they have one selected........so you gotta find out what made them select that person....and let them know if you can beat that...if you can, tell them how and ask for an appt.....

think of an introduction...if someone has a 40 second introducting to tell me their name, they already lost me.....i dont need a half minute to have you introduce yourself and tell me something i already know and i have heard 20 times this morning.

"hi, my name is john smith and i'm with xyz realty. i noticed you home is off of the market and wondered if you were still interested in selling?

so, now...lets disect that.....you went through that intro before finding out if you have the homeowner on the phone.....many agnets do.....bottom line, just refine, test, refine more test more....get it down and use it...track it and repeat...

if htey have an objection that you hear over and over, see what you can do to overcome it...you should have a specific answer for that specific objection tht you have used 100 times before.

How many hours do you work on the weekends?

#460340 - 01/11/18 04:32 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Hey! Whatever happened to Daniel?!

#460342 - 01/11/18 08:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
imo...

2 hours on sat and two hours on sun...really just overflow from lead follow up during the week.......the first month of the year is really heavy on lead follow up for me

#460344 - 01/11/18 09:06 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Online   content

Loc: GTA Ontario
daniel told me he took some personal time off, but he'll be back at it this month.
hope so, he's a good prospector.

estatereal....good for you to do some follow ups on weekends. Im calling on saturdays too. trying to get more calls in.

#460346 - 01/12/18 08:15 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Ive heard of some agents/business people who work hard 7 full days a week and then vacation every quarter.

Donít need to conform to the rat race....

Edited by Lucky Leonardo (01/12/18 08:22 AM)

#460347 - 01/12/18 08:45 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
imo...

2 hours on sat and two hours on sun...really just overflow from lead follow up during the week.......the first month of the year is really heavy on lead follow up for me

Thank you ... that seems like a good business practice ... I did that in the past, and then got sidetracked after starting a family ... have to get back to that asap

#460354 - 01/12/18 07:52 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Major Contributor

imo...

Thank you ... that seems like a good business practice ... I did that in the past, and then got sidetracked after starting a family ... have to get back to that asap

I get it. I too have young kids.
7 month old and 22 month old.
I do my 2 hour calling on sat and sun while they nap from 1-3.

My wife is also a rock star.....she stays home with the kids so I can focus on making money for us. I mainly play with them whenever I'm not working. But because she doesn't work I dont have to worry about things like getting them to daycare etc...doctors....etc..she takes care of all of that...I just have to work...tbh I think I have the easy job..

Truth is though I go in from 10 -6 m-f and my phone only rings from leads and not clients so when someone is calli g me back after hours its usually to book an appt or they wouldn't have called because my conversations r pretty straight forward.

Edited by estatereal (01/12/18 07:56 PM)

#460366 - 01/14/18 09:38 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Motivation to feed the rest of your life!

Discover Feed Your Mind With Success (Motivational Speeches) by Fearless Motivation on Deezer

http://www.deezer.com/album/42571561

Edited by Lucky Leonardo (01/14/18 09:40 AM)

#460375 - 01/15/18 01:32 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Ricky Roma Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I really think that general antipathy toward telemarketers is getting so bad that it is counterproductive for real estate agents to be randomly calling people, bothering them, and decreasing the quality of their lives. Telemarketers are hated, not just disliked. I don't think a lot of you doing this are failing at this because you are doing it wrong. I think it is because you are doing it right. Society is changing on telemarketers, and it won't be long before people are going to only allow calls from whitelisted sources. This was always a bad way to be a human and a bad way to do business. But it is getting worse.

Page 686 of 688 < 1 2 ... 684 685 686 687 688 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
locknmore, cdefgh120303, The Legacy Team, starfish11040, mannycro80
29912 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Long Walk), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 46
Vermont 24
estatereal 21
VABroker 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
jreal413 9
The Legacy Team 7
MissionJoe 7