Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28308815
No new orders today 13116933
Stupid MLS comments. 3291718
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195495
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068798
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1032011
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825208
Let's talk about our cars 672650
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605187
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595627
Most common items found at an REO 581480
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442283
Main Street 424802
asset val seminar in colorado 408786
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341218
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310140
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459843 - 11/21/17 10:52 AM compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers
moonstone Offline

Loc: NH, United states
Hi,i showed a house for another agent (office manager/owner). the couple i showed to the 1st time bought the house. her commission was at least $3,360. i will be receiving about $250.00-is that right? also, for this same agent i have been meeting her buyer clients, driving all around. i need experience but only experience i seem to be getting now is driving. i don't want to be used & abused, at the same time i'm reliant on this one person. any opinions about this?

Advertisements
#459844 - 11/21/17 11:42 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: moonstone]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Welcome to the site, Moonstone.

There is a wealth of experience on this board, so you will get lots of good advice.

So that I understand better: what kind of arrangement do you have with the manager/owner? Are you a buyer's agent for the manager/owner? Are you free to work your own leads? Who set the fee split on those client sales?

#459995 - 12/04/17 04:50 PM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: Long Walk]
moonstone Offline

Loc: NH, United states
Hi,
thanks for the quick response. i responded quickly but forgot to prove i wasn't a robot. then Thanksgiving...
aside from the thing i asked about (she gave me %10 for showing her listing, which sold)i have another question: she has asked me if i want to be a showing agent for her. do you know what kind of compensation is normal? i see your from NH so that's great.

#459999 - 12/05/17 05:22 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: moonstone]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
It doesn't sound like you have a "written" Independent Contractor Agreement (ICA) with this Broker.

An ICA would define what your responsibilities are AND how you would be compensated for performing them.

Are you being paid for those Showings that DO NOT result in Sales ?

#460000 - 12/05/17 06:55 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: moonstone]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
You want to be her buyers agent, not her showing agent. As a buyers agent you pay her the referral fee, not the other way around.

#460001 - 12/05/17 07:24 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: Bigtoe]
JohnN Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
You want to be her buyers agent, not her showing agent. As a buyers agent you pay her the referral fee, not the other way around.

I'm sure he/she does but that's not what the other agent is offering them. We do the same thing, pay $350 for showings that result in a sale.

#460021 - 12/06/17 07:01 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: JohnN]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: JohnN
[quote=Bigtoe]
I'm sure he/she does but that's not what the other agent is offering them. We do the same thing, pay $350 for showings that result in a sale.

an agent that settles for what is offered has no future in real estate. If they cannot negotiate a better deal for themselevs then how can they represent clients?

#460023 - 12/06/17 08:23 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: Bigtoe]
JohnN Offline

Originally Posted By: JohnN
[quote=Bigtoe]

an agent that settles for what is offered has no future in real estate. If they cannot negotiate a better deal for themselevs then how can they represent clients?

What do you consider to be a better deal? If I've been working with a client for months, and I ask a fellow agent to cover me for 1 showing, how much should I give them?

#460031 - 12/07/17 06:57 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: moonstone]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

@JohnN This thread is about moonstone, not you. Moonstone said they were asked to be a showing agent which sounds like the opportunity to be someone's lacky. That offer should be rejected by anyone who wants to become a sucessful agent. If the other agent has too many buyers then they should bring on a buyers agent not a showing agent.

#460032 - 12/07/17 08:03 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: Bigtoe]
JohnN Offline

@JohnN This thread is about moonstone, not you. Moonstone said they were asked to be a showing agent which sounds like the opportunity to be someone's lacky. That offer should be rejected by anyone who wants to become a sucessful agent. If the other agent has too many buyers then they should bring on a buyers agent not a showing agent.

Yea I know, just a little grumpy. shocked

#460035 - 12/07/17 08:28 AM Re: compensation for other agents listing & other agents buyers [Re: Bigtoe]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire

When applying this to an experienced agent, I might agree with you.

Moonstone gives all appearance of being a brand-new agent. If so, s/he has everything to learn about negotiating. And about building value in her/his service offering. Part of that process is resolving not to take low-paying work again.

But, Moonstone has not given us the scope of work. If s/he is being paid $350 to open a door for a showing, that, in my mind, is a good deal. It becomes a bad deal when all the work of negotiating and closing a sale are added to that fee.

Finally, if Moonstone is that new, then s/he probably doesn't know yet where that RE license could take him/her. This may be part of him/her finding his/her way.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
JeanneSells4U, tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver, idxmatrix
29847 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (kimsellsflorida, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 23
Mr. Clean 13
Trouble 9
Lucky Leonardo 9
Bigtoe 7
estatereal 7
HOT-TUB 5