Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268868
No new orders today 13101714
Stupid MLS comments. 3276633
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189406
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061097
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028107
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822574
Let's talk about our cars 670936
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602687
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592324
Most common items found at an REO 575871
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440723
Main Street 419399
asset val seminar in colorado 407138
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340430
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306754
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459554 - 10/25/17 05:44 PM should a recent college grad get into real estate?
bayareaagent123 Offline

Loc: CA
Just graduated college with a marketing degree and also got my real estate license on the side. Also recently got out of the restaurant business being a waiter to pursue a career. My dad has his own brokerage in an small upper middle class town near San Francisco and has given me an option of working with him. I am unsure as I am 27 which is quite young to be an agent and seeing as he mainly serves a very affluent, highly competitive, area I think it would be quite difficult for me to ever get a client. As interested as I am in real estate I worry that if I dedicated a couple years to the profession and don't have a lot of success I will have to start from 0 getting a corporate job or worse getting another waiter job. Any advice would be helpful?

Advertisements
#459555 - 10/25/17 06:04 PM Re: should a recent college grad get into real estate? [Re: bayareaagent123]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Your Dad isn't going to let you fail in Real Estate . . . . but you've got to shake that negative attitude, regardless of whether you go to work with him or enter some competitive corporate environment.

People will always want a more upbeat positive presence in their environment, even if it's sometimes artificial . . . . fake it if you have to. The rest of the world is doing it; I've been doing it for decades !

#459731 - 11/09/17 03:46 PM Re: should a recent college grad get into real estate? [Re: bayareaagent123]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
i have a son and a daughter...they are very young....but, someday if they wanted to get into the business, i'd make sure they are set up to make it...its easy once you figure it out...tbh, nobody in the corporate world would pay me what i make here in real estate working for myself....if my kids figure it the same way, they would be more than welcome to all that i know and id do everything that i could to make sure they do better than me...if they did or not would be 100% on them, but id sure give them all the tools and most likely a startup account and tons of instruction and advice or work directly with them...probably work directly with them just to give the extra help in making sure they find $ucce$$

#459755 - 11/11/17 08:12 PM Re: should a recent college grad get into real estate? [Re: bayareaagent123]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: bayareaagent123
Just graduated college with a marketing degree and also got my real estate license on the side. Also recently got out of the restaurant business being a waiter to pursue a career.

If you were successful as a waiter, you will be successful in real estate brokerage. You already know how to sell, how to qualify, and how to service after the sale. Your soft skills are likely top-shelf.

Your marketing degree gives you some formal theory on pricing your services in the marketplace. It also taught you theory, I think, on determining what services a market would accept.

You have the real estate license.

You have the place to start, if you want to. Under no circumstances, though, should you sell for your father if you want to know for sure that you are a successful salesman. You will always wonder, no matter how much you sell, whether you really could have done it on your own.

Real estate is a hard mistress. There will be times when you earn money like you have a license to print it. There will be other times when you wonder how you will pay the light bill.

My advice is to jump in with both feet. Don't even think about failing. Learn the discipline of prospecting. And give your clients the same quality service that you did as a waiter.

And when you are a success, you can go to your father and thank him for everything that he taught you and did for you that made you a success.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (KandyC, sualk54, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10