Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268715
No new orders today 13101697
Stupid MLS comments. 3276627
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189353
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061094
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028094
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822572
Let's talk about our cars 670880
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602681
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592317
Most common items found at an REO 575856
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440715
Main Street 419390
asset val seminar in colorado 407133
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340427
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306751
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459637 - 11/02/17 05:37 AM Re: How to find a buyer's agent for out-of-state land purchase? [Re: Flammable]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Homelight advertises that they have "ranked" over 1 million Real Estate Agents in the USA; but that's almost every Licensee in the Country !

Nonetheless, they will ONLY refer someone who has already agreed to pay Homelight a 25% Referral Fee.

And the most productive Agent may be one who refused to pay Homelight's 25% Referral Fee; and that's the deciding factor.

Advertisements
#459651 - 11/02/17 03:43 PM Re: How to find a buyer's agent for out-of-state land purchase? [Re: Flammable]
Flammable Offline

Loc: California
Nevertheless, Homelight was effective in connecting me with an agent with whom I am enjoying working. Admittedly, it's still early, but she's been very on the ball so far.

Perhaps because my needs aren't typical, I was not having success finding an agent through other means. An aggregation and referral service that can do a more exact match to my needs, and have interested agents come to me instead of me having to search for those who are willing to help me, has a lot of value to me.

While I'm sure more productive agents are out there, that fact is moot if I can't find them.

Just one customer's perspective.

#459653 - 11/02/17 05:42 PM Re: How to find a buyer's agent for out-of-state land purchase? [Re: Flammable]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
My comments certainly aren't intended as criticism of your taking advantage of a service they advertise . . . . rather they're warning other Licensees.

Just recognize that the referred Agent will be paying Homelight a Fee for the privilege of working with you.

Meanwhile, I suspect that the only ranking of the million Agents is in terms of whether they'd be willing to pay a Referral Fee of not . . . . that qualifies their statement.

Ranking Agents according to their Sales, number of Listings, Education; Closings, anything really quantifiable . . . . is really almost impossible, even by people belonging to the same MLS. All of these measures rely on the trust placed in self reported data because no one else collects it, not even the Government (yet).

#459654 - 11/02/17 06:26 PM Re: How to find a buyer's agent for out-of-state land purchase? [Re: Flammable]
Flammable Offline

My understanding is that they are ranking suitability to your specific needs, plus agent performance, based on public records about the agent's actual activity. It's big-data stuff. E.g. in my case, they directed agents to me who had a substantial number of land transactions in their history.

But yes, I understand there is a referral fee involved (I don't think they make any secret of that), and that they aren't going to refer someone who hasn't signed up with them. Their business model doesn't bother me.

But I suspect they DO have the entire population of agents indexed in their database (or close to it). If they have a big-data engine already hooked up to all the sources of public data, it's probably easier just to ingest all of it. This is not just to refer them, but because the larger the data-set they can draw from, the better their algorithms will perform.

#459655 - 11/02/17 06:32 PM Re: How to find a buyer's agent for out-of-state land purchase? [Re: Flammable]
Flammable Offline

In fact, come to think of it, I suspect they could fairly readily (from a technology standpoint, at least) make a second business line out of data analysis tools for agents given the data they must be aggregating. There could be some pretty powerful stuff in there.

#459685 - 11/06/17 06:11 PM Re: How to find a buyer's agent for out-of-state land purchase? [Re: Flammable]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: Flammable
On question I have about zoning -- I know it sets a MAXIMUM density in terms of units per acre, but it's not clear to me if there is also a MINIMUM.

I found out today that Plainfield, CT has a minimum density for residential. If you hadn't asked the question, I never would have noticed in the Zoning Ordinance. So, yes, a municipality could set a minimum. Caveat Emptor.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 76
Vermont 40
estatereal 18
Trouble 16
Flare616 16
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10