Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28308078
No new orders today 13116881
Stupid MLS comments. 3291699
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195464
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068768
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1031986
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825194
Let's talk about our cars 672612
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605165
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595615
Most common items found at an REO 581432
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442235
Main Street 424786
asset val seminar in colorado 408782
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341214
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310133
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 669 of 683 < 1 2 ... 667 668 669 670 671 ... 682 683 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459339 - 10/11/17 01:21 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: estatereal]
Danny1 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Guys, do you ever call sellers, who interviewed you but listed with others, to find out why they didn't list with you?

Advertisements
#459340 - 10/11/17 01:28 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Danny1]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Danny1
Guys, do you ever call sellers, who interviewed you but listed with others, to find out why they didn't list with you?

After they've become the Client of another Broker, you really can't without running the risk of being accused of interfering in the Agent/Client contractual relationship, and violating the COE (REALTORŪ Code of Ethics).

But it still happens that you'll have a chance to ask the question, like later when you see them during a showing . . . . or after the new Listing has expired; they may have forgotten you; but you will not have forgotten them.

It's funny how you'll remember these things . . . . it just happens, effortlessly (like bearing a grudge) !

#459341 - 10/11/17 02:17 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Danny1]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
They're probably not going to tell you the truth, just to be polite.

unless you really pressure them into telling you the real reason.

#459344 - 10/12/17 08:26 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
cold called an older couple - looking to move to FL - I say are you guys thinking about making the move this year or next? They said no no this year! - nice to see there's still 60 day leads out there in October.....by the way with older couples do you guys send anything else out other then a written note and a card? I feel like I should give them more info since they probably don't use computers.

#459345 - 10/12/17 09:14 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
cold called an older couple - looking to move to FL - I say are you guys thinking about making the move this year or next? They said no no this year! - nice to see there's still 60 day leads out there in October.....by the way with older couples do you guys send anything else out other then a written note and a card? I feel like I should give them more info since they probably don't use computers.

Instead of sending them something, why not get in front of them NOW ... what are they waiting for? They want to sell now ... are they aware it takes 3-4 months to get a home sold?

#459346 - 10/12/17 10:05 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

Instead of sending them something, why not get in front of them NOW ... what are they waiting for? They want to sell now ... are they aware it takes 3-4 months to get a home sold?

agreed...every time im on the phone, im going for an appointment
my goal is that i dont want to send them something
why do people always want to send someone someting
the goal is to meet them face to face

#459348 - 10/12/17 11:38 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
Originally Posted By: estatereal

agreed...every time im on the phone, im going for an appointment
my goal is that i dont want to send them something
why do people always want to send someone someting
the goal is to meet them face to face

I'm guilty of hiding behind the mailout. Face to face is better if you can manage your time efficiently.

#459351 - 10/12/17 01:08 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
sellers say "mail me something" so that the agent gets off of the phone.

#459352 - 10/12/17 01:25 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
Danny1 Offline

Loc: Illinois

Yesterday, tracked down one expired's phone number. It was a cell phone. I was concerned about DNC, but called them and did not leave a message. No contact, but learned not to fear the phone as much.

found their number by googling them. A number came up in a public record. The seller bought a car and gave their cell phone, apparently.

Edited by Danny1 (10/12/17 01:26 PM)

#459353 - 10/12/17 02:00 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Danny1]
Trouble Offline

Originally Posted By: Danny1

Yesterday, tracked down one expired's phone number. It was a cell phone. I was concerned about DNC, but called them and did not leave a message. No contact, but learned not to fear the phone as much.

found their number by googling them. A number came up in a public record. The seller bought a car and gave their cell phone, apparently.

wow!!!!

#459354 - 10/12/17 02:38 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US

you're 100% right - I could of pushed harder for an appt over the phone - its something I need to improve on......my plan is to give them a call next week and push hard for an appt.

#459355 - 10/12/17 03:25 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
So our government and our real estate counsel want to stop us from double ending proposing that a buyer must be represented by another agent from the same brokerage.

Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions?

I've made a small fortune from double ending this year alone.

#459356 - 10/12/17 03:31 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
So our government and our real estate counsel want to stop us from double ending proposing that a buyer must be represented by another agent from the same brokerage.

My understanding in BC at least is that they are ending dual representation, but a buyer can still represent themselves which means you can still earn the full commission.

Hardly anybody in BC represents the buyer and the seller anymore, in the case the buyer doesn't have a realtor we treat them as a "customer", help with drafting contract, give them comps etc. but they aren't a "client", we don't advise on price and in essence are still negotiating on behalf of the seller. As much as i've heard this is staying and doesn't really change anything because we still get payed full commission

#459357 - 10/12/17 03:48 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Trouble Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean

My understanding in BC at least is that they are ending dual representation, but a buyer can still represent themselves which means you can still earn the full commission.

Hardly anybody in BC represents the buyer and the seller anymore, in the case the buyer doesn't have a realtor we treat them as a "customer", help with drafting contract, give them comps etc. but they aren't a "client", we don't advise on price and in essence are still negotiating on behalf of the seller. As much as i've heard this is staying and doesn't really change anything because we still get payed full commission

that just seems totally weird!

#459358 - 10/12/17 03:56 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean

that just seems totally weird!

Why? The buyer is sophisticated enough that they don't want representation and that's their own choice. I brought the buyer in through my marketing so I deserve the full commission as I didn't need another realtor to find a buyer for me. Why should i now do my seller a disservice by mediating when they are paying me a full commission? I'll facilitate the transaction, but negotiate on the sellers behalf. We almost never do dual representation in BC anymore, except for in small towns

Page 669 of 683 < 1 2 ... 667 668 669 670 671 ... 682 683 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver, idxmatrix, Alwayslearning
29846 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (JohnN), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 23
Mr. Clean 13
Trouble 9
Lucky Leonardo 9
Bigtoe 7
estatereal 7
HOT-TUB 5