Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28309369
No new orders today 13116958
Stupid MLS comments. 3291740
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195507
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068813
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1032028
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825217
Let's talk about our cars 672658
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605193
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595640
Most common items found at an REO 581522
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442288
Main Street 424844
asset val seminar in colorado 408789
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341222
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310143
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#458277 - 06/29/17 06:09 AM Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas
Mithu Offline

Loc: Texa, USA
I have a beautiful 6 bed 5 bath 3,864 sqft upgraded home in Allen, Texas that has been in the market for 83 days. Everyone who views the house says its a beautiful home well kept, but the master is upstairs. I realize that 75% of the market prefers master downstairs and its mostly northerners and westerners who prefer master up.
How do I target the population that want master up (families with young children) and ensure my house sells fast? Any tips and advice?

Here is a link to the house: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1722-Harvest-Glen-Dr-Allen-TX-75002/53126270_zpid/?fullpage=true&view=public

Edited by Mithu (06/29/17 09:54 AM)

Advertisements
#458284 - 06/29/17 08:46 AM Re: Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas [Re: Mithu]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Mithu
". . . I realize that 75% of the market prefers master downstairs and its mostly northerners and westerners who prefer master up . . ."

I didn't know that; although human beings do prefer single floor living (avoiding stairs) as they grow older. and I didn't realize it varied by region.

So do you consider Texas to be a Western State, or a Southern State ?

The biggest issue for me would be how many of those remaining 5 bedrooms are also located on the same floor as the Master, and to what extent does that limit the privacy available to it ?

#458285 - 06/29/17 08:52 AM Re: Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas [Re: Vermont]
Mithu Offline

Loc: Texa, USA
Thank you for your comment.

The house has 3 other bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the second floor, and 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the first. I realize that my market is limited to families with small children but didn't know it would be so tough to sell it. I have no idea how to advertise it just to that small market.

I think Texas is a Southern State :), then again I am new to the US, just been here 5 years, so I might be wrong.

#458290 - 06/29/17 11:08 AM Re: Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas [Re: Mithu]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

How did you originally become interested in that configuration yourself . . . . you may just have to follow that lead.

The Architect had some vision of an anticipated audience in mind for his/her design . . . . or was it custom built for you ?

#458299 - 06/30/17 12:39 AM Re: Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas [Re: Mithu]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Your floor plan is functionally obsolete. The only way to compensate for tis deficiency is with price. Now you need to figure out how much less this condition makes your house worth.

#458300 - 06/30/17 01:53 AM Re: Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas [Re: Mithu]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

I went to the Zillow Page and saw your home's presentation . . . . is the house now vacant ?

Also, Zillow seems to omit the Lot Size . . . . is it pretty narrow, so that the left and right buildings are the Neighbors ?

If it's just a postage stamp parcel, then, there's not much you can do about that . . . . but don't conceal it. What's the backyard like ?

Curb appeal could be enhanced by getting that lawn in shape . . . . it's looking very thin, brown and dehydrated. Maybe that's typical for your part of Texas; but a lush green lawn would take advantage of what appears to be a thoughtful front yard design.

#459276 - 10/04/17 05:34 AM Re: Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas [Re: Mithu]
IPAMAN Offline

Loc: Tennessee
MY current Home has all 4 bedrooms,The laundry room, and a Bonus room upstairs. We have a 2 year old and 6 year old boy and have really loved this configuration.

Around 6:30pm we retreat upstairs to give the kids baths, do laundry, and watch a show or two in the bonus room. In addition to that since our master is upstairs we can both shower and get ready and not have to worry about the kids because they are close by.

Having this set up makes it really easy for getting ready at night. And we haven't had one issue with privacy or noise. We even watch Netflix in bed and the kids never hear a thing.

#459296 - 10/05/17 09:12 PM Re: Help to sell a house with master bedroom upstairs in Allen, Texas [Re: Mithu]
Long Walk Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
This is an interesting conversation. I brokered in FL for 9 years and never came across this issue of an upstairs master bedroom. Then we moved to SC and it certainly was not an issue there either.

My best guess is that you have a price problem. Who set the list price? You or your agent?

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
jerrberr, JeanneSells4U, tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver
29848 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (TheTexasGal, 1 invisible), 62 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 25
Mr. Clean 13
Lucky Leonardo 9
Trouble 8
estatereal 7
Bigtoe 7
JohnN 6