Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271216
No new orders today 13101849
Stupid MLS comments. 3276726
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189483
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061194
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028185
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822655
Let's talk about our cars 671007
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602720
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592429
Most common items found at an REO 576025
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440745
Main Street 419457
asset val seminar in colorado 407160
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340447
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306784
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#444003 - 03/07/15 02:12 PM Real Estate Assistant duties.
lorelei lee Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hello to all the colleagues!
I'm a Toronto based Realtor, and I'm so incredibly busy lately that I started to consider hiring an assistant. Can you please share what your assistants do (those who have them), whether they're actually helping, what are they allowed to do, and how much (roughly) you pay them (if you're in Toronto and area). Also, I'd appreciate sharing what are your office solutions - for example, do you need a bigger office, once you have an assistant? What is the best way to find this kind of help, where did you advertise for the job? In short, all insights to the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements
#444041 - 03/08/15 03:56 PM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: lorelei lee]
lorelei lee Offline

No one has an assistant or am I invisible? :confused:

#444042 - 03/08/15 04:08 PM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: lorelei lee]
MOMO Offline

Loc: USA
just so you don't feel invisible I'll offer my thoughts. I work my assistant anywhere from 0-12 hours a day and give her little notice of when the days will be long or short....I make her fetch my meals and she has to sleep with me.
We have been married 25 years and as husband/wife it is trying at times working together but it works for us. smile

#444067 - 03/09/15 06:04 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: lorelei lee]
markj-b Offline

Loc: kelowna canada
Lorelie Lee

I am in Canada also, although not Toronto. The first step I would suggest is for you to decide what part of the business you want to do/enjoy doing and look at the opportunities that are created for someone else. Typically you will find services locally that offer "on call" assistant solutions or marketing experts with a real estate bias who can run that side of your business for you.

Your assistant (If your board regs are similar to our which I am sure they will be) can look after data entry, phone management, client appointment, they can even "open the door" for a client looking at a house, they just cannot enter the house or "represent the client" in any way.

The amount you pay will be determined by the market you are in. One very viable option is a Virtual Assistant. Websites like www.123employee.com offer great services at affordable prices. You have to define very accurately what they can do and cannot do for you but with a solid set of parameters they can promote your new listings very effectively, handle social media marketing and even in bound emails on the first cut.

The location of a VA could be anywhere from Canada to the Phillipines and all in between so take some time to get to know a few of them. Task one with small jobs that cannot easily go wrong and then gently increase the amount of work. Watch them as you would any employee and correct them if necessary so that they can learn. It can be a very cost-effective program for you.

I hope this helps a little

Realtor Training

#444070 - 03/09/15 06:37 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: markj-b]
MOMO Offline

Loc: USA
We have an agency in our MLS that outsources through a virtual assistant and it is almost impossible to get a timely response from the "virtual" person setting up showings....you have to give the MLS# several times, owners names, address, country, zip code...and they don't ask for this all at once either....they ask one question then you answer and on to the next...takes 15 minutes to set up a showing IF they can even accomplish that.
I am sure there are some good virtual assistants out there but I guarantee you there are some bad ones.

#444089 - 03/09/15 01:33 PM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: lorelei lee]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Best for you to hire a licensed assistant, that way they can talk "real estate" with clients and potential clients (and show buyers) and do things unlicensed assistants can't.

Have them learn everything! Treat them right, and they'll most likely stick around.

#444107 - 03/10/15 09:53 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: MOMO]
lorelei lee Offline

[quote=MOMO]just so you don't feel invisible I'll offer my thoughts. I work my assistant anywhere from 0-12 hours a day and give her little notice of when the days will be long or short....I make her fetch my meals and she has to sleep with me.
We have been married 25 years and as husband/wife it is trying at times working together but it works for us. :) [/quote]
:)
I try to convince my hubby to be my assistant, but unfortunately he has his own business.

#444108 - 03/10/15 09:58 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: David Hunter]
lorelei lee Offline

Licensed assistant is unlikely to stick around I believe and will want more money. I know the distinction between what a licensed and unlicensed people can and cannot do and I'm ok with that. Also, I believe licensed assistant cannot be paid a regular pay by a non-broker, only part of the commission. I'm not ok with that, because even if I give away part of the commission from a couple of deals that is already over what I'd pay a non-licensed assistant for a part-time job for a whole year.

#444109 - 03/10/15 10:05 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: markj-b]
lorelei lee Offline

markj

I think I should sit down and write exactly what duties I want to outsource to an assistant and then decide whether they should be local or virtual. Thank you for your advice.

#444270 - 03/15/15 10:24 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: lorelei lee]
markj-b Offline

Loc: kelowna canada
That sounds like the best plan. A VA can save you money perhaps but may need a little more oversight at the beginning. Ultimately they can be extremely productive for you.

Best

Mark J-B

Realtor Training

#458789 - 08/15/17 06:45 PM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: lorelei lee]
Venturepacific Offline

Loc: Ca
What software do you use to manage your va or assistance tasks?looking for a solution

#459253 - 09/30/17 01:10 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: Venturepacific]
Venturepacific Offline

Loc: Ca
Does anyone have task management software you recommend

#459254 - 09/30/17 05:43 AM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: Venturepacific]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Venturepacific
What software do you use to manage your va or assistance tasks? looking for a solution

Ordinarily, you first need to be able to define the problem BEFORE you'll ever locate a solution for it; otherwise, you'll be searching forever !

#459257 - 09/30/17 04:11 PM Re: Real Estate Assistant duties. [Re: lorelei lee]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: lorelei lee
Hello to all the colleagues!
I'm a Toronto based Realtor, and I'm so incredibly busy lately that I started to consider hiring an assistant. Can you please share what your assistants do (those who have them), whether they're actually helping, what are they allowed to do, and how much (roughly) you pay them (if you're in Toronto and area). Also, I'd appreciate sharing what are your office solutions - for example, do you need a bigger office, once you have an assistant? What is the best way to find this kind of help, where did you advertise for the job? In short, all insights to the subject would be greatly appreciated.

i can give some insight, but need a bit of information

how many active listings do you have right now?
how many under contract/pending listings do you have right now?
how many transactions did you close total last year?
how many of last years closed were seller transactions?

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis
29796 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (STEW, estatereal, miracle, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 40
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10