Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28309369
No new orders today 13116958
Stupid MLS comments. 3291740
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195507
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068813
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1032028
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825217
Let's talk about our cars 672658
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605193
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595640
Most common items found at an REO 581522
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442288
Main Street 424844
asset val seminar in colorado 408789
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341222
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310143
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#411318 - 08/15/12 06:04 AM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: savvymoney]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: savvymoney
Your website has a lot of content on it. It's not dead nor is it boring. Google picks up on your links both internally and externally. Your website offers both so yes if your page is blank or non relevant text then of course you'd slip off of Google's radar but in your case it isn't so.

Also your domain of http://www.outerbankshome.com/ was purcahsed and online since 1999 so yeah that helps

You have no idea about what I talked about.

Advertisements
#411334 - 08/15/12 12:00 PM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Bigtoe]
ducourtier Offline

Loc: Gatineau, Quebec
It is about content. Start a blog, use relevant keywords and update it daily.

#411341 - 08/15/12 02:01 PM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
Wil Whiten Offline

Loc: Dallas
Well it is as simple as this really. I spent many years as an SEO professional and I know exactly the problem with all of it pretty much revolves around the fact that it takes a lot of man-power to compete with bigger companies.

The problem is, everyone is a bigger company when you have little to no startup capital. So the trick is, get a very SUBTLE automation tool to build links and write great content yourself. That's what I do and it works wonders.

Penguin caught the people who tried to mass spam links and it just doesn't work that way. You have to drip, that definitely doesn't mean you can't automate.

#417611 - 12/29/12 01:14 AM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
nelonmasni Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Always vary your anchor text, don't build too many links quickly to a brand new website, try to make your links as natural as possible, links from relevant sources always have high quality.

#417811 - 01/03/13 11:14 AM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
VBEstates Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach
This has been interesting over the last several months. In my specific case, there are many variables. For instance, the domain name I manage/own has been online since 2005. I've targeted specific keywords and have found myself erased from Google for the large percentage keywords/ahref's.

If you have any experience with this next issue, please respond. I took my old site and literally erased it piece by piece, chunck by chunk, page by page over a 2 year span of time. Guess what happened? Yep, rankings decreased...never updated the site (pr3-4-5) and basically, let it sit stale for 2 years. Most recently, I've redesigned and launched again. It's been about 15 days since lift off and the old Bing/Yahoo crews are ranking me well for long tails and dense keywords/20% anchors. Google however is taking much longer than anticipated to index and is currently crawling about 1,000 pages per day (yippy). Only time will tell.

The results thus far are confusing. Google and I went to a party and we both got drunk!

#441556 - 12/10/14 11:27 PM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
Jennifer Kelly Offline

Loc: Maharashtra, India
The ranking of my keyword is not good enough, and I think I need to look after some of the above mentioned points. Thanks for such a great resource.

#444710 - 03/31/15 06:24 PM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
Rents2Riches-Pat Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
50% Onsite Content, 50% Links. Links are still very important. High page authority links will have a huge effect on your rankings.

#449325 - 12/11/15 01:36 AM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
KyProperties Offline

Loc: KY
this is just one more reminder that there is too much for me to worry about as far as trying to work on "SEO", I'll just continue to publish articles that my clients find interesting and trust that the search engines will reward me for my hard work and good content that obviously serves a purpose.

#450600 - 02/16/16 03:17 PM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
EthanPeyton Offline

Loc: USA!
The best long term plan for keeping your search results high is by keeping your content fresh and relevant.

Edited by Admin (02/16/16 03:56 PM)
Edit Reason: URL removed. Please put your website url in your profile.

#450605 - 02/17/16 12:06 AM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: EthanPeyton]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: EthanPeyton
The best long term plan for keeping your search results high is by keeping your content fresh and relevant.

when did any search engine learn to read content? They can't read content so therefore content can not be as important as everyone claims. I have 8 websites on very competitive first pages and none of them have any content. None!

#451356 - 03/17/16 12:31 PM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Mike Bouma]
Real Estate Josh Offline

Loc: New Braunfels, TX
I completely agree.

#459216 - 09/28/17 12:08 AM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
Lafayette Homes Offline

Loc: Louisiana
Great post! Very informative. Thanks for that. Some of the variety backlinks to your website you should include are from high authority sites like posting a video on Youtube and having it link back to your site, reviews from Realsatisfied, and posts on Pinterest with your link on it. Those are working for me right now.

Chad

#459456 - 10/21/17 02:24 AM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Bigtoe]
Lafayette Homes Offline

Loc: Louisiana
BigToe is right. Google bots can't actually read content except for a few keywords. What they can do is count the amount of text on your site. The more text you have, (which google calls rich and engaging content) the more text the google bots see. There is a text to html ratio that actually affects your position in google ranks. 25%-75% of your content should be text in relation to html content according to SEMrush. How do you accomplish all that text on your pages without boring or having your visitors bounce off your page? Write blogs. Plenty of room for text on your blog posts without crowding out your listing pages. A caveat, the text on your blogs should be really engaging to your audience. Don't fake it and just write filler information. If you write good blogs, hopefully visitors will return for more, resulting in more clicks to your website organically which will boost your position on the page as well. There are many factors in search engine optimization, or SEO. Look at them all.

#460005 - 12/05/17 12:37 PM Re: Have your rankings suffered? Here's something you've done wrong with SEO... [Re: Justin C]
FlyerRE Offline

Loc: El Paso, TX
Google also looks at your page's bounce rate, that helps the bots detect whether the content you have on your site is relevant. If someone finds your site and stays there for awhile it means they found what they're looking for, if they don't then the content is not relevant to them. So, if your bounce rate is high, Google may rank you lower.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  doug 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
jerrberr, JeanneSells4U, tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver
29848 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (TheTexasGal, 1 invisible), 62 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 25
Mr. Clean 13
Lucky Leonardo 9
Trouble 8
estatereal 7
Bigtoe 7
JohnN 6