Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
Realtors residuals

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
simon94bob 31
RPR 26
Trouble 18
Vermont 17
Midlands BPO Guy 15
Z06Fanatic 13
Lucky Leonardo 13
estatereal 11
Mr. Clean 10
sualk54 6
RonnieEmz 6
leaf fan 5
RingRing 5
Daniel1234 5
Bigtoe 5
Matched Content
Page 661 of 662 < 1 2 ... 659 660 661 662 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459071 - 09/13/17 08:29 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Mr. Clean]
James007 Online   content

Loc: NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
I have been hitting expireds the last couple of weeks and it is a totally different game. I talk to them the day it expires “yes probably relisting.. probably a new agent.. maybe in a month or so..” usually they don’t sound very certain though, which throws me off because uncertain people when circle prospecting are usually crap leads.

I schedule these kind of people for a follow up call 7 days later and send them my bus card in the mail. BUT THIS IS TOO SLOW. I have had at least 10 of these people now in the last couple weeks LIST before my 7 day follow up call! I’ve only been in on one appointment. You have to be so much more aggressive with expireds, closing closing closing for the appointment early and very often (every day??) because other agents are hammering them and I think they break down quickly.

I noticed this too. Two of my expired follow ups from yesterday already listed 5 days before they told me to follow up. Also 2 out of 3 appointments cancelled for me this month from expireds. I think we need to be a lot more aggressive in general

Advertisements
#459072 - 09/13/17 02:20 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
leaf fan Offline

Loc: Ontario
Question for the group:

What is your typically age range of clients you get from the listings/deals you get from MOJO , Cold calls/circle prospecting?

I've noticed a very large number tend to be older then 60 yr old and are selling with no local purchase or simply into a rental.

Just gets me thinking about how long I can keep targeting this group before things die off (so to speak).
The younger generations don't use landlines.

#459073 - 09/13/17 03:17 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: leaf fan]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Originally Posted By: leaf fan
I've noticed a very large number tend to be older then 60 yr old and are selling with no local purchase or simply into a rental.

Just gets me thinking about how long I can keep targeting this group before things die off (so to speak).

Found the exact same thing, landline users tend to be from my generation, I always ask for cell # when door prospecting

#459074 - 09/13/17 03:55 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: leaf fan]
Trouble Online   content

Loc: GTA Ontario
Originally Posted By: leaf fan
Question for the group:

What is your typically age range of clients you get from the listings/deals you get from MOJO , Cold calls/circle prospecting?

Same with my experience. Most are moving out of the area to a cheaper location. Downsizing is not usually an option locally. I think that data pool is huge and will be the trend for many years. Especially since many don't have a lrg. enough pension to sustain comfortable retirement. Most of the deals I did last year were in this demographic.

#459075 - 09/13/17 03:58 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
estatereal Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
I have been hitting expireds the last couple of weeks and it is a totally different game. I talk to them the day it expires “yes probably relisting.. probably a new agent.. maybe in a month or so..” usually they don’t sound very certain though, which throws me off because uncertain people when circle prospecting are usually crap leads.

I schedule these kind of people for a follow up call 7 days later and send them my bus card in the mail. BUT THIS IS TOO SLOW. I have had at least 10 of these people now in the last couple weeks LIST before my 7 day follow up call! I’ve only been in on one appointment. You have to be so much more aggressive with expireds, closing closing closing for the appointment early and very often (every day??) because other agents are hammering them and I think they break down quickly.

problem with fresh expireds is if you cant get an appointment off the bat they get annihilated with calls/mailers and will be hard to get on the phone again if they plan to re-list in the next 30 days.....gotta do your best to close for an appointment on that initial call but its tough to do...I think the best ones are expireds from 2-6 months ago - they probably wanted to take a break, aren't getting killed with calls, and are ready to speak....Im sure estatereal knows a lot more about this then anyone but thats my 2 cents

i think agents often talk to much on the phone....use as few words as you can to get an appointment booked....and book and book and book....its a numbers game... thye all interview multiple agents, so just because they say they are interviewing does not mean they cant interview you as well if you give them a compelling reason.

i mean, how many companies interview just one or two people to fill a spot? they interview as many as they can that are qualified and select hte best.....cutting off the interview process after 1 or 2 is now how a ceo would do it and the seller is the ceo, if he is not, coach him/her into being a ceo and book an appointment because now he is educated on more is better when it comes to interviews.

imo, multiple interviews are awesome if you are a rock star.....going up against other agents does not decrease your chances of getting the listing, but makes you shine because there are tons of bad agents who cant answer the tough questions.

tbh, to this day, i dont know if lead follow up or initial contacts are better, you cant miss out on either as they are both important.

i cut in half peoples projected times...always half it.....or less than half, just call for a follow up....use notes from past convo to refresh their memory...if you only have notes about what you said and not about them, you are talking more than you are listening......get them to spill guts and give info and details that are needed to build rapport.

#459081 - 09/14/17 07:58 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: estatereal]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: estatereal

problem with fresh expireds is if you cant get an appointment off the bat they get annihilated with calls/mailers and will be hard to get on the phone again if they plan to re-list in the next 30 days.....gotta do your best to close for an appointment on that initial call but its tough to do...I think the best ones are expireds from 2-6 months ago - they probably wanted to take a break, aren't getting killed with calls, and are ready to speak....Im sure estatereal knows a lot more about this then anyone but thats my 2 cents

i think agents often talk to much on the phone....use as few words as you can to get an appointment booked....and book and book and book....its a numbers game... thye all interview multiple agents, so just because they say they are interviewing does not mean they cant interview you as well if you give them a compelling reason.

i mean, how many companies interview just one or two people to fill a spot? they interview as many as they can that are qualified and select hte best.....cutting off the interview process after 1 or 2 is now how a ceo would do it and the seller is the ceo, if he is not, coach him/her into being a ceo and book an appointment because now he is educated on more is better when it comes to interviews.

imo, multiple interviews are awesome if you are a rock star.....going up against other agents does not decrease your chances of getting the listing, but makes you shine because there are tons of bad agents who cant answer the tough questions.

tbh, to this day, i dont know if lead follow up or initial contacts are better, you cant miss out on either as they are both important.

i cut in half peoples projected times...always half it.....or less than half, just call for a follow up....use notes from past convo to refresh their memory...if you only have notes about what you said and not about them, you are talking more than you are listening......get them to spill guts and give info and details that are needed to build rapport.

How do you respond to listing questions like "why should I pick you" or "what are you going to do that others havent"....these seem like the toughest questions to answer - its easy to respond if you have big sales figures but I'm wondering the optimal approach if you don't....personally I think these responses should be short and very confident - the agents who babble and start going off on different things they're going to do will lose the seller quick....

#459083 - 09/14/17 10:51 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
Back to school, Back too Work. No more summer hours....Last Quarter of 2017! December is a write off for most.

The work you put in now will pay off this fall & first quarter 2018.

Do you want 2018 to be your best year ever so far??

What are you going to change to make that happen???

Change is good.

I don't know what to do differently....just gind harder...more contacts. Mailing to leads every 2 weeks.

When you are not succeeding, you have to max out your time spent lead generation & follow up & time spent on billable hours in general.

Track your daily billable hours every half hour. You should be at 8 billable hours daily when you have no appointments.

#459084 - 09/14/17 10:52 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Major Contributor

How do you respond to listing questions like "why should I pick you" or "what are you going to do that others havent"....these seem like the toughest questions to answer - its easy to respond if you have big sales figures but I'm wondering the optimal approach if you don't....personally I think these responses should be short and very confident - the agents who babble and start going off on different things they're going to do will lose the seller quick....

are you talking about those questions asked on the phone when you are trying to book the appointment or are you talking about those questions being asked while you are on the appointment? im just asking so that i have clarity in regards to my answer.

Edited by estatereal (09/14/17 10:52 AM)

#459085 - 09/14/17 11:01 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
What if you spend too much time lead generating and not enough time lead following up and lead converting ...

when i use the term prospecting, im talking about finding new people or talking to people you have already talked to.

lead follow up is prospecting is it not?

prospecting is finding your next client...this is regardless of it being your first time ever speaking ot them on an initial contact or your 10th time calling them after 9 previous conversations....its all prospecting....sure you can break it down into different types of prospecting, but its all prospecting.

What is the right balance of new lead gen vs talking to old prospects?

just like in any other sales job....8 hours per day when you have no appointments. You can figure out the balance from there.

#459086 - 09/14/17 11:23 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Major Contributor

[quote=RonnieEmz]

just like in any other sales job....8 hours per day when you have no appointments. You can figure out the balance from there.

thats it right there

#459087 - 09/14/17 07:05 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Online   content

Originally Posted By: Trouble
Back to school, Back too Work. No more summer hours....Last Quarter of 2017! December is a write off for most.

The work you put in now will pay off this fall & first quarter 2018.

Do you want 2018 to be your best year ever so far??

What are you going to change to make that happen???

Change is good.

I don't know what to do differently....just gind harder...more contacts. Mailing to leads every 2 weeks.

When you are not succeeding, you have to max out your time spent lead generation & follow up & time spent on billable hours in general.

Track your daily billable hours every half hour. You should be at 8 billable hours daily when you have no appointments.

You're right, that's a good way of tracking.

#459122 - 09/15/17 07:23 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
vk60546 Offline

Loc: Office is in Naperville, IL

Sorry, not the one you asked, but I'll respond.

In my view, it's best to answer a question with a question.

Seller: "why should I pick you?"
Me: What is your biggest (or top 3) concern(s) when choosing an Agent/Broker for the job?

Seller: "What are you going to do differently"?
Me: What didn't you like about the previous agent's performance? What do you expect to be different this time?

Anyways, just my take on this. I hope others can chime in as well.

#459123 - 09/15/17 12:17 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Man what a frustrating market!

Sellers are greedy greedy greedy.

Buyers are largely sitting on the fences.

Banks are tightening & rating rates.

#459125 - 09/15/17 02:14 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Online   content

Man what a frustrating market!

Sellers are greedy greedy greedy.

Buyers are largely sitting on the fences.

Banks are tightening & rating rates.

Yup and everyone is a real estate expert with what the future holds!

#459127 - 09/15/17 05:14 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
turned one down today cause he wanted to list @ 595 when the last similar sale was at 565 in May

Page 661 of 662 < 1 2 ... 659 660 661 662 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
mreid77, MiaJones, Ahmed62, Queensage, tammyfetter
29707 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28198358
No new orders today 13094869
Stupid MLS comments. 3272001
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1185548
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1057288
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1024876
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 820155
Let's talk about our cars 667377
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 601065