Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28267633
No new orders today 13101593
Stupid MLS comments. 3276536
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189278
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061064
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028055
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822472
Let's talk about our cars 670855
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602671
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592251
Most common items found at an REO 575767
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440702
Main Street 419363
asset val seminar in colorado 407126
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340414
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306735
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#456676 - 02/17/17 12:14 PM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: Vermont]
zhenbuxianghua Offline

Loc: Poughkeepsie, NY
so even if the buyer and I sign the buyer agency agreement someone else can still jump in?

Advertisements
#456677 - 02/17/17 12:22 PM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: zhenbuxianghua]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: zhenbuxianghua
so even if the buyer and I sign the buyer agency agreement someone else can still jump in?

That shouldn't happen IF it's an Exclusive Buyer Agency; but some people still use OPEN Buyer Agency Contracts, which allows the Buyer freedom to wander among many suitors.

And few Buyers will sign any Contract with any Agent who hasn't even fulfilled one appointment with them . . . . but some people will sign just about anything that's put in front of them !

It's not an issue if you're there and already providing quality and timely service that no one else can compete with; but you do have to be there.

#456720 - 02/20/17 01:10 PM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: zhenbuxianghua]
MOMO Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: zhenbuxianghua

If you abandon your Clients (do not show them property when THEY WANT TO VIEW THEM) then yes, Clients can and sometimes do jump to another agent and good luck in trying to get a commission if they do

#456767 - 02/26/17 01:41 PM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: zhenbuxianghua]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Tbh I dont feel so bad for you based on your situation. I feel bad for those who might place their trust in you thinking they have an expert.

The questions you are asking should be posted in the aspiring agents portion instead of the agents and brokers section.

At least tons of bad agents out there make my job easier. If everyone were great then it would be harder to shine.

PS...about telling your broker what your schedule is????? Your clients r the ones that you should tell...

Not sure about you but I would not trust a part time __________(fill in anything important)

#458013 - 06/07/17 11:35 AM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: zhenbuxianghua]
LoganRealty Offline

Loc: Santa Monica, CA
It depends on where you are selling. Higher priced areas = bigger commissions. It also matters if you have a good broker who can help you get started with buyer leads. Then, it's about hustle, hustle, hustle. If you aren't afraid of getting on the phone and cold calling sellers, you might make a practice for yourself. Relying on Open House leads might be hard.

I read somewhere that the "average" agent makes like $25k per year. That sounds dismal. I suspect those are folks who give up or are not particularly motivated. I made $65k my first year and doubled it in the second.

Good Luck!

Top Recommend: Use a dedicated GPS mileage tracker - not an app - to track your miles.

#458014 - 06/07/17 11:36 AM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: MOMO]
LoganRealty Offline

Loc: Santa Monica, CA
Buyer Agreements are more "like guidelines" than real contracts. It's more to impress upon the Buyer that they are taking up your time and owe you a bit of loyalty. It never holds up in mediation, though.

Top Recommend: Use a dedicated GPS mileage tracker - not an app - to track your miles.

#458015 - 06/07/17 01:29 PM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: LoganRealty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Mileage Pro
Buyer Agreements are more "like guidelines" than real contracts. It's more to impress upon the Buyer that they are taking up your time and owe you a bit of loyalty. It never holds up in mediation, though.

This sounds like a valid answer . . . . but not for the question in this thread.

#458790 - 08/15/17 07:58 PM Re: New Agent, how much should I expect to make part time [Re: zhenbuxianghua]
Aftermath Offline

Loc: Ca
Are there on call agent assistants or an assistant that works with multiple agents?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m, 995junk
29793 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 80
Vermont 41
estatereal 20
RonnieEmz 17
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
Snapple 12
Mr. Clean 11
Logan Five 11