Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
Realtors residuals

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28229511
No new orders today 13098503
Stupid MLS comments. 3274317
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1187290
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1059410
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1026180
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 821237
Let's talk about our cars 669338
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 601740
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 590639
Most common items found at an REO 572990
EML 459230
REOTRANS 439590
Main Street 418338
asset val seminar in colorado 406555
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 339886
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306063
Evalonline 300083
Land America 285050
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 652 of 671 < 1 2 ... 650 651 652 653 654 ... 670 671 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#458685 - 08/10/17 08:03 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: RonnieEmz]
Daniel1234 Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
Originally Posted By: Daniel1234

I just started focusing on this ... lead generation is not my problem ... lead conversion is, so I'm going to get face to face with more people earlier in the process ... hopefully this moves the needle in the long run ...

Ronnie - Maybe we can help each other.
I found myself great at converting leads but I seem to have some challenge at finding them.
I am talking about the great leads who are ready to make a move in the next 1-2 months the latest and are not committed to an agent yet.
Are you currently finding a good lead every ~400 contacts or so?

I don't track the lead numbers as carefully ... just call until you find someone who needs your services, and then set an appointment to get together in person and discuss how you can help ... I was not converting as many because I was not closing for the appointment early and often ... now I will close more often, get in front of more people, and take more listings ...

Hey Ronnie - Great!
How do you gauge your productivity on the daily basis?

Advertisements
#458688 - 08/10/17 09:10 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Daniel1234]
RonnieEmz Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: NY

I just started focusing on this ... lead generation is not my problem ... lead conversion is, so I'm going to get face to face with more people earlier in the process ... hopefully this moves the needle in the long run ...

Ronnie - Maybe we can help each other.
I found myself great at converting leads but I seem to have some challenge at finding them.
I am talking about the great leads who are ready to make a move in the next 1-2 months the latest and are not committed to an agent yet.
Are you currently finding a good lead every ~400 contacts or so?

I don't track the lead numbers as carefully ... just call until you find someone who needs your services, and then set an appointment to get together in person and discuss how you can help ... I was not converting as many because I was not closing for the appointment early and often ... now I will close more often, get in front of more people, and take more listings ...

Hey Ronnie - Great!
How do you gauge your productivity on the daily basis?

I judge my productivity on a yearly basis in terms of dollars ... am I making at least 20% more money then the previous year ... if so great ... if not, I need to take a hard look at my daily activities because they are not moving me in the right direction ...

As far as what I look at daily, I am constantly working my schedule to see how I can get more results out of the same time ... that being said, it's not just about working harder and making more calls ... it's about improving the quality of what you do in and on your business ... the goal is to take listings ... and I know that talking to more people AND being better at what I say to these people AND asking better questions AND closing for the appointment sooner and more often AND presenting a better image over the phone (tonality and energy and confidence) AND .... you get my point ... I could go on forever ... that is the fun part ... so on a daily basis I try to move the needle ever so slightly in the right direction ... hopefully 220 days or so of work later it will make a difference ... been at it about a 1000 ... long way to go still!

Most people want results in 1-2 years ... to make it in this business you have to want results in 5-10 years ... it is my belief that is what prevents most from being successful in this business ... they want all the results without all the time invested ...

Bill Gates - “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.”

Edited by RonnieEmz (08/10/17 09:18 AM)

#458694 - 08/10/17 04:40 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
miracle Offline

Awesome quote by Bill Gates - thanks for sharing it, Ronnie!

#458695 - 08/10/17 05:31 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: miracle]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: miracle
Mr Clean,

Do you call the same people again, even if they told you the first time that they are not interested in selling?

Not sure what you mean. 99/100 people tell me they aren't selling, if I didn't call them again pretty soon I'd have to be getting numbers from Toronto lol

#458697 - 08/10/17 09:46 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Mr Clean,

Do you call the same people again, even if they told you the first time that they are not interested in selling?

Not sure what you mean. 99/100 people tell me they aren't selling, if I didn't call them again pretty soon I'd have to be getting numbers from Toronto lol

I believe Lucky said he works with 50-60,000 phone numbers. I'm using 50,000. Probably 50% don't speak English in my mktplace, during the day calling. Might be slightly different in the evening or Saturday's.

#458702 - 08/11/17 03:49 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Daniel1234 Offline

Bill Gates - “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.”

While for most and majority of people this works, I wonder how come Tony Robbins jumped from 30k to 1 mil a year in less than 2 years. An incredible example.

#458704 - 08/11/17 03:59 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Daniel1234 Offline

Lol Grand Cardone is everywhere online, youtube, ads everywhere, you name it.
Just came across one of his videos and he's saying that his dad died when he was 10 and his dad was like a God for him up until he died. He would teach by example, I believe he was a sales guy too, a stock broker or so.
Interestingly to see what happened in Cardone's early life, Tony Robbins was chased by his mom with a knife in her hand when he was 14 I believe, then he left home, Mike Ferry came from a troubled family, his parents fought all the time and he left home when he was 18 and never went back....

Can you see the pattern? smile

#458705 - 08/11/17 04:01 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Daniel1234 Offline

Here is a good one.
Are you going to do the same things today as you did yesterday?
Good, because you are going to get the same results you got yesterday, nothing more.
Sounds obvious to me...:)

#458706 - 08/11/17 05:32 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Mr Clean,

I believe Lucky said he works with 50-60,000 phone numbers. I'm using 50,000. Probably 50% don't speak English in my mktplace, during the day calling. Might be slightly different in the evening or Saturday's.

Right now I have 28,000 numbers in my database, after I have taken out all the rentals, realtors, a-holes, and non-English speaking.

I haven’t been Mojoing very much this last month. Went on vacation for a week, plus a couple long weekend trip and general summer complacency. and then trying to figure out how to sctually sell real estate in addition to prospecting lol, plus staying on top of lead follow up (which is always my priority before generating new leads, don’t know if that’s good or not), learning how to call expires, and doing market evaluations and improving my listing presentation.

But yesterday I realized the calls I make now are going to start determining my January and February. When I started I decieded to write off this year as learning and not worry about production. I already hit my tiny target, but next year I am shooting big and I need to start prospecting for next year NOW!

Edited by Mr. Clean (08/11/17 06:19 AM)

#458744 - 08/12/17 03:47 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Online   content

Loc: US
Question regarding followup - say you speak to an older lady who says shes to going to move in the upcoming months - she won't nail down an exact time but you take the lead....what I'd do in this situation is send her my card with a written letter, and then call her the next month...say you call the next month and get a voicemail - do you just leave a voicemail/maybe send a mailer and then call back the following month? This is sort of what I've been doing - just wondering if I should more aggressive....

#458745 - 08/12/17 03:57 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Z06Fanatic Online   content

Loc: US
I also think finding 1-2 month leads via cold calling is not ideal unless you dominate a specific neighborhood and you have sign/brand recognition......we've heard the sales figures that most business is done on the 5th-12th contact(or something like that) - how can you have 5-12 contacts if someone is so close to listing? I think of this sort of like advertising - the first time or two you see a TV ad you don't think much of it, but when you see it constantly over time your subconscious starts to believe it and trust it.....sure rapport can be built to make each contact much more impactful, but its still going to take multiple contacts to convert.

#458748 - 08/12/17 08:08 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
miracle Offline

Z06 Fantastic - You should be more aggressive. If the lady does not pick up the phone, you should call her again at least a few times a week until you get a hold of her.

#458751 - 08/13/17 11:25 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
I also think finding 1-2 month leads via cold calling is not ideal unless you dominate a specific neighborhood and you have sign/brand recognition......we've heard the sales figures that most business is done on the 5th-12th contact(or something like that) - how can you have 5-12 contacts if someone is so close to listing?

That's just an average. You can have a contract with 2 contacts, or as many as 24. The numbers are all over the place, not a hard rule.

Leave a message. You want her to hear your name as often as possible.

Most owners don't know which agent dominates the neighborhood. Most people don't really pay attention to real estate.
if they hear your name enough on the answering machine, they might think you dominate.

#458753 - 08/14/17 01:29 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: gitmonee]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: gitmonee
I also think finding 1-2 month leads via cold calling is not ideal unless you dominate a specific neighborhood and you have sign/brand recognition......we've heard the sales figures that most business is done on the 5th-12th contact(or something like that) - how can you have 5-12 contacts if someone is so close to listing?

That's just an average. You can have a contract with 2 contacts, or as many as 24. The numbers are all over the place, not a hard rule.

Leave a message. You want her to hear your name as often as possible.

Most owners don't know which agent dominates the neighborhood. Most people don't really pay attention to real estate.
if they hear your name enough on the answering machine, they might think you dominate.

This exactly.

#458754 - 08/14/17 03:58 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Daniel1234 Offline

I also think finding 1-2 month leads via cold calling is not ideal unless you dominate a specific neighborhood and you have sign/brand recognition......we've heard the sales figures that most business is done on the 5th-12th contact(or something like that) - how can you have 5-12 contacts if someone is so close to listing? I think of this sort of like advertising - the first time or two you see a TV ad you don't think much of it, but when you see it constantly over time your subconscious starts to believe it and trust it.....sure rapport can be built to make each contact much more impactful, but its still going to take multiple contacts to convert.

I got contracts signed on the first contact, well the second, first being the initial call. Others I got on the 2nd or 3rd follow up. I haven't closed many deals in my career, like Lucky, but I am telling from my experience.
I also had contracts signed after 16 follow ups, typically after 20 follow ups I get fed up and drop the lead.

Everything depends on:
- how motivated the lead is
- how professionally you present yourself on the phone / first contact
- how badly you want the listing - literally, if you know what I mean

You pretty much need to meet all 3 above as far as I figured.

Page 652 of 671 < 1 2 ... 650 651 652 653 654 ... 670 671 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Hailey, punyabhoomi, joesellsre, SAJU, David Turner
29751 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (NextStep, Danny1, estatereal, Heather D, Jim Erickson, Brad), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
estatereal 25
Mr. Clean 23
Midlands BPO Guy 18
Trouble 18
Vermont 18
Lucky Leonardo 16
Z06Fanatic 15
Danny1 13
RonnieEmz 12