Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28308078
No new orders today 13116881
Stupid MLS comments. 3291699
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195464
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068768
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1031986
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825194
Let's talk about our cars 672612
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605165
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595615
Most common items found at an REO 581432
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442235
Main Street 424786
asset val seminar in colorado 408782
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341214
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310133
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#458538 - 07/25/17 04:59 PM Do you wear Realtor tshirts in public as free promo for referrals?
repromoideas Offline

Loc: USA
Question from someone who hasn't been in the real estate business very long and looking for low cost promotion methods to advertise my services. After talking with a few other realtors in the branch office, they told me they wear I'm a Realtor TShirts when they're out in public, running errands, at kids school events, casual dining, etc... in the area and have lots of luck with people starting conversations or asking for their contact info when they wear it.

[img:center]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747HKKNR[/img]

[img:center]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07484PR7H[/img]

Has anyone here had any luck doing this? Looking specifically at real estate agent tees like these so would still look approachable and professional - some of the others out there look cheesy... what do you think and have you done it or would you do it? After talking with these agents I wanted to run out and buy them right away, but thought I'd better ask others to see if it's common practice or a novel cool idea they thought of? Opinions please? TIA.

Advertisements
#458540 - 07/26/17 01:47 AM Re: Do you wear Realtor tshirts in public as free promo for referrals? [Re: repromoideas]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I might wear such a Tee-Shirt while mowing my lawn . . . . but I can't imagine myself wearing only a Tee-Shirt anywhere else, certainly not to any environment where I'd expect to meet anyone of importance or influence in the community.

In my mind, rubbing shoulders with potential clientele or hobnobbing with people of means usually calls for dressing the part . . . . and Tee-Shirts just don't cut it for me.

But that may just be me, and my own self-imposed limitations. If you're comfortable dressed that way, go for it !

#458551 - 07/26/17 02:15 PM Re: Do you wear Realtor tshirts in public as free promo for referrals? [Re: repromoideas]
repromoideas Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks for the feedback and opinion. I agree - if I was going somewhere with the intent to try to talk with potential clientele, I probably would be much more dressed up. Just wondering if in your everyday life ("off" hours), as you mentioned, mowing the lawn, at your kid's softball games, grocery shopping, etc... if it would be cool to wear one of these just because it's extra free advertising and you never know who might see it or know someone who needs a realtor. Might work better in areas where you're selling houses to mid-America versus highend $500K+ properties, too. I'm sure like anything else the geography and demographic will make a big difference in the answer. Thanks for giving your opinion - would love to hear from other realtors as well!

#458554 - 07/27/17 12:13 AM Re: Do you wear Realtor tshirts in public as free promo for referrals? [Re: repromoideas]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Well, wear them anywhere you go, whether you intend to meet prospects or not.

Bear in mind though that the manufacturers of these Tee-Shirts could probably be sued or enjoined from selling them because they're not authorized by the NAR, because they're using a Registered TradeName and because they neglect to print it properly as REALTORŪ . . . . so don't buy too many !

Do you work for the people selling these bootleg shirts ?

#458635 - 08/07/17 07:23 AM Re: Do you wear Realtor tshirts in public as free promo for referrals? [Re: repromoideas]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Shirts like this are showing up all over facebook. They're cute & funny - not sanctioned by NAR, as Vermont said, so I have no idea if the printer/developer might be legally stopped before long. I'd buy one, if I found one I really liked, and wear it on the weekends when I cruise around to small town festivals, or wear it to the post commissary where I might talk with military folks & their families. If it got a smile or a laugh, great! If we talked real estate as a result & I handed them a business card, so much the better. But that's just my view on it.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#458636 - 08/07/17 08:44 AM Re: Do you wear Realtor tshirts in public as free promo for referrals? [Re: repromoideas]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Amazingly, I got a solicitation from Amazon for this very same Tee Shirt just last week . . . . just as if someone had lifted my email address from here on AOL and told Amazon that I might like to buy one. Just a coincidence I'm sure !

I told Amazon the same thing as I told our Friend RE Promo Ideas.

#458640 - 08/07/17 03:48 PM Re: Do you wear Realtor tshirts in public as free promo for referrals? [Re: repromoideas]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
I have been considering some nice shirts with simply our agency name on the sleeve. You can buy nice golf shirts, or even something like a Columbia cape-backed fishing shirt with info monogrammed on there.

In the area where I live either of these shirts would look appropriate. Around here some Century-21 agents wear a golf shirt with their logo.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver, idxmatrix, Alwayslearning
29846 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (JohnN), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 23
Mr. Clean 13
Trouble 9
Lucky Leonardo 9
Bigtoe 7
estatereal 7
HOT-TUB 5