Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
Realtors residuals

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28229511
No new orders today 13098503
Stupid MLS comments. 3274317
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1187290
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1059410
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1026180
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 821237
Let's talk about our cars 669338
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 601740
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 590639
Most common items found at an REO 572990
EML 459230
REOTRANS 439590
Main Street 418338
asset val seminar in colorado 406555
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 339886
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306063
Evalonline 300083
Land America 285050
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#446929 - 08/01/15 09:50 AM Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate?
eminsozkan Offline

Loc: Calgary, AB
Hello All,

I d like to create a page on fb for my real estate business. Which route is the best way to go about this?
Group Page or Fan Page? Thanks in advance

Advertisements
#446977 - 08/04/15 03:57 PM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
AbbyD Offline

Loc: Delaware
What are you looking to get out of a facebook page? Leads? I think a fan page is more appropriate and will probably be seen more on FB. A group might work well for another primary purpose like bringing neighbors together in a community.

#447067 - 08/08/15 10:56 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
Noah M Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
You probably want a Fan Page. You can do call to actions, advertising, events, business contact information and a lot more with a fan page -

Here is a video to walk you through setting one up for a real estate agent - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv5Ml0-sh2s

Edited by Noah M (08/08/15 10:58 AM)

#447111 - 08/11/15 09:00 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
eminsozkan Offline

Loc: Calgary, AB
Thank you for the video!

#447125 - 08/11/15 11:40 PM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
galaxybuilders Offline

Loc: India
Facebook advertising, while expensive, is very targeted. Advertising to a Fan Page is more effective than an outside landing page.

#447138 - 08/12/15 11:26 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
Which one you go with depends on what your approach will be. We don't know if you're targeting buyer's sellers, or both. We don't know what you're going to put on the page. We don't know if you're looking to pay money to run ads to drive traffic to the page or not.

Facebook, like anything, needs to have a fully thought out, all encompassing approach. I'm launching a Facebook GROUP. Here's my thought process:

1) Who Am I Targeting? - I'm targeting referrals to gather seller leads. I want to connect with people in certain areas around me where the home prices are higher because birds of a feather flock together and people with pricey homes tend to have friends (referrals) with pricey homes. If the person I contact happens to want to move and I build a relationship with them and they call me themselves 5 years later (vs sending me a referral) then I want them to hopefully have a home that's over $200,000. I also want to have something in common wit them in order to make follow up calls where I fish for referrals easy to make so I'd like to connect with people who are into hunting or fishing. If they have an income over $70,000 p/year then that will be good too.

Bottom line...I have a clear picture of who I'm after.

2) What's The Approach? - what am I doing to do in order to get the leads? Something simple like put up a targeted Facebook ad pushing people to a lead capture website with a "Free CMA Offer"?

Myself, I'm looking to build long-term relationships with people who will feed me referrals over time. I need to get them into a phone conversation...so my approach is an online-to-offline workflow. Connect with them online, then get the phone number and address so I can mail them stuff (newsletter) and follow up by phone over time.

My approach will be to run an add driving people to my hunting/fishing themed Facebook GROUP and then, when they sign up I will connect with them on Facebook and lead them through a series of contacts over the course of 30 days which will result in a phone conversation where I'll ask them to send me referrals and then get permission to follow up with them. Once they do this I'll mail them some business cards and schedule them for quarterly follow up calls.

3) Implementation - so I'll create a hunting/fishing themed Facebook GROUP and constantly post/share content from all over the internet. I'll then buy Facebook ads trying to get members for the group. The ad will target homeowners in certain zip codes who make $70k+ and are into hunting and fishing. If I pull a big enough sample, I might add in the "likely to move" metric too.

Prospects see the add, click through, ask to sign up for the group and then I bring them through a series of contacts where I get their phone number, email, home address, and ultimatly have a conversation with them where I ask them to send me some referrals and ask if I can follow up. This is known as the Floyd Wickman referral generator script.

If you want to succeed with social media....you have to think about it differently. Ready Gary V's books....especially Jab, Jab, Jab Right Hook. If you think about it like buying exposure on Zillow...it won't work well for you.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#447158 - 08/14/15 01:12 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
MattMortensen Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
I hate how Facebook is used for promoting everything. I used Facebook in 2005 before most people had heard of it. When it was only available to college students. That is the Facebook I remember. So I'm jaded about self-promotion on Facebook.

#447209 - 08/16/15 02:20 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
SCLazarus Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
You want a fan page since you want the page to be easily found and you want to be the one to post the content on it. A group is good for creating an online community, which is probably not what you are looking to do right now.

#447239 - 08/17/15 11:03 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
RealtorWebsite Offline

Loc: Multiple
I guess Facebook page works well tho
Real Estate Agent Website

Best Deal on Real Estate Agents Printing - 1,000 Business Cards $23 and etc
Real Estate Agent Printing

#449131 - 12/01/15 08:30 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
LuxuryRealtor Offline

Loc: Ky
I think FB's rules are pretty clear, if you are going to be self promotional, they want you to have a page, not use your personal profile, they reserve the right to drop your account if you breach their terms and conditions.

#450244 - 02/01/16 10:17 PM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
Manazil Real Est Offline

Loc: Dubai, U.A.E.
First things first, be sure you understand the distinction between business pages and personal pages. Iím not telling you to leave Facebook. Iím telling 95 percent of you to close your business page or donít start one in the future. Iíll spare you my opinions about some of the social media experts and their complete lack of understanding when it comes to the daily business life of being a Realtor. They have absolutely no clue. Their advice is awesome for about 2 percent of agents, and for the rest of us it makes zero sense.

#451442 - 03/19/16 09:39 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
Gabe K Offline

Loc: Langley BC
I use Page, but it can be difficult to get interaction.

#457616 - 05/02/17 09:00 PM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
Barbara Herbert Offline

Loc: Grove City, Ohio, United State...
facebook page can help with your marketing.

#457646 - 05/03/17 02:51 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: eminsozkan]
WolfHouse Offline

Loc: Winter Park, Florida (United S...
Contest giveaways worth of getting people to like and share the page. That's how you build up a following.

#458620 - 08/03/17 06:48 AM Re: Facebook Group or Page for Real Estate? [Re: BrianMI]
Lil Rhody Offline

Loc: Cranston, RI
I totally get where you are coming from. I think it's a great approach. It certainly beats passing out cards in the grocery store or putting flyers on cars at Dollar Tree. To each, his own. Keep rocking, my friend.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Hailey, punyabhoomi, joesellsre, SAJU, David Turner
29751 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (NextStep, Danny1, estatereal, Heather D, Jim Erickson, Brad), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
estatereal 25
Mr. Clean 23
Midlands BPO Guy 18
Trouble 18
Vermont 18
Lucky Leonardo 16
Z06Fanatic 15
Danny1 13
RonnieEmz 12