Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
RonnieEmz 31
Vermont 20
leaf fan 20
Trouble 19
Mr. Clean 17
Lucky Leonardo 17
Daniel1234 14
LoganRealty 12
James007 10
Z06Fanatic 10
estatereal 6
miracle 6
VABroker 5
barb43 4
Ajtex 4
Matched Content
Page 644 of 647 < 1 2 ... 642 643 644 645 646 647 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#458447 - 07/14/17 07:51 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Trouble]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz
Originally Posted By: James007
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

Which is your definition of "rich" ?

2.5M Net Worth

I think this is doable in 5-10 years especially in our industry

I like doing the math ...

I wanna know where you get 8% on your money?????

So that will be $150,000 per year savings with an 8% per year return on your money for 10 years ...

I do the math on a billion lol --- if I save $250,000 at 16% interest for 42 years I will be worth a billion ...

I think you were asking here where do you get 8% on your money ...

US Equity Dividend Investing should get you around 8% ... maybe more maybe less ...

Real Estate Investing should get you a higher return than this ...

Many other types of cash businesses such as laundromats etc ...

Get creative ...

Advertisements
#458458 - 07/17/17 02:38 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Trouble Offline

Loc: GTA Ontario
Hmmm. 8% huh. I guess I should get over it, but I lost a pile of money in the stock market on "Northern Telecom" stock. Made me nervous. I have friends that moved to Florida and bought Laundromats. After 10 years they sold off the 6 Laundromats they had, since they made a good amount of money, and returned back to Ontario. They hated the heat and humidity.

#458459 - 07/17/17 02:43 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Trouble]
Mr. Clean Online   content

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: Trouble
Hmmm. 8% huh. I guess I should get over it, but I lost a pile of money in the stock market on "Northern Telecom" stock. Made me nervous. I have friends that moved to Florida and bought Laundromats. After 10 years they sold off the 6 Laundromats they had, since they made a good amount of money, and returned back to Ontario. They hated the heat and humidity.

Don't no bother buying individual stock, or even mutual funds.. the smartest financial guys in the world (hedge fund managers) still all average out to a market return when you run the numbers on all the hedge funds, and that's before their extortionate fees.

Buy an s and p 500 ETF. 0.1% fee, tracks the market. If you plan on holding for 10+ years, and don't buy at the absolute cycle peak... you can't go wrong.

#458462 - 07/18/17 09:44 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
James007 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Any recommendations for follow up with people who are not FOR SURE leads. Meaning:

1) selling this year for sure
2) have a specific reason
3) plan to list in 1-2 months

What about everybody else? The "maybes", "not sures", "thinking about it", "selling in 6 months", "1 year", "would like to sell" etc. Do you trash every single one of these people?

Is there a different follow up system for these types of people? Or are they completely worthless?

Edited by James007 (07/18/17 09:45 AM)

#458463 - 07/18/17 10:29 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: James007]
leaf fan Offline

Loc: Ontario
Any recommendations for follow up with people who are not FOR SURE leads. Meaning:

What about everybody else? The "maybes", "not sures", "thinking about it", "selling in 6 months", "1 year", "would like to sell" etc. Do you trash every single one of these people?

Is there a different follow up system for these types of people? Or are they completely worthless?

I would put them in my follow up system if:

They have a specific plan/destination are within 12 months and don't have a specific agent they are committed too.

#458466 - 07/18/17 12:22 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: James007]
Mr. Clean Online   content

Loc: Western Canada

The maybe's you need to ask as many questions as you can and then go with your intuition.. mojo makes it very easy to follow up with them, If I get a good feeling from them I usually just select a call back date 1 month from now, and don't add them to any list nor mail them. when it notifies me to call them I do, and on the second call it is usually very clear whether they are a "if the stars align maybe" in which case you don't follow up again, or if they are actually seriously considering it, and often on your second call the real ones will be a "for sure". I probably only make a second call to 2/100 contacts, and many of those are trashed after the second call. Pretty simple system, and I have gotten quite a few solid leads that I otherwise would have missed if I didn't make that second call to the "maybe". I think the key to not wasting all your time on them is to only call back the ones that feel right, and then on the second call they either turn into a solid lead or you trash them, don't take it any further than that if they aren't a "for sure" on the second call.

In terms of the 6 month, 1 year leads, mojo also makes this very easy to follow up on, if you don't want to use leaf fan's expensive (though effective) system. Simply leave them in the current call list and then schedule a follow up call for half of the time they said they are going to sell. Don't add them to a lead list or anything as they will consume precious attention span. This is what I love about Mojo's call schedule feature, you simply set it and forget it so that you can focus your attention on the real, hot, immediate leads (which I keep in a seperate list), and then it just sends you a notification on the day you should call your maybe or very far out lead.

#458468 - 07/18/17 05:52 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: James007]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA

James, are you only using 1 dialer? If so, this is contributing to your problems. Half as many leads generated so you want to stockpile the maybes.

Edited by Lucky Leonardo (07/18/17 07:52 PM)

#458469 - 07/18/17 09:48 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
James007 Offline

Thank you for the help leaf and Mr. Clean..will make some adjustments

Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo

James, are you only using 1 dialer? If so, this is contributing to your problems. Half as many leads generated so you want to stockpile the maybes.

Yes only one dialer. I have to re-read a couple hundred pages of this thread this weekend to get all the details for the two dialer setup, mojo accounts, headsets, etc.

Don't want to annoy everyone and ask questions if they have already been answered.

#458473 - 07/19/17 07:33 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: James007]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Yes only one dialer. I have to re-read a couple hundred pages of this thread this weekend to get all the details for the two dialer setup, mojo accounts, headsets, etc.

Don't want to annoy everyone and ask questions if they have already been answered.

How many contacts per hour with 1?

#458474 - 07/19/17 07:44 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: James007]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US

there really isn't a ton to the 2 dialer setup...buy a second mojo account, second headset, second phone line - use same contact list.

#458475 - 07/19/17 08:59 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
James007 Offline

How many contacts per hour with 1?

40.42 contacts per hour on average for the month.

However, I get slightly over 60 contacts per hour when calling certain communities between 6-7pm.

#458478 - 07/19/17 05:09 PM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
I ran into one of the top producers in my market at the gym this week. I didn't tell the guy this, but I have already lost THREE listing presentations to him. I wanted to know what his secret sauce is, so I struck up a conversation.

So far this year he has done 33 deals for $500,000 in commissions. That is only in the last 6 months, not counting anything that he put under contract before Jan 1 and is getting payed for in 2017. I work in a higher-end market that has been suffering this year relative to other areas in my board, and while most other agents in my sub-market are having a tougher year, this guy is killing it.

He doesn't have a team, only an assistant. He does no marketing, and stopped cold calling a few years ago (he used to hammer expireds)

How does he do it...? He calls his database of 1000 past clients 4 times per year. Of the three listing appointments he beat me on, two of the people he was referred to and didn't know prior. So he is asking for referrals, and it's working.

The only good news is.. when I went up against him the 4th time, I beat him yay

He must have a rich database.

The combination of a vast sales record, and rich clientele. That database is worth millions.

Making such a database is hard.

#458479 - 07/20/17 12:23 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
miracle Offline

Loc: Canada
James - you have a high pick up rate!

Edited by miracle (07/20/17 12:23 AM)

#458480 - 07/20/17 07:16 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: James007]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

If you find yourself keeping these types, you could try simply playing dumb and reprospecting them at a later date.

If I hear the word "maybe" within my qualifying questions it's my key word to consider ditching them as a consideration as a lead.

How could you MAYBE be selling your house. Moving is such a daunting ordeal that you, except for a few exceptions, you either are moving this year or you are not.
Keep that in mind.

#458482 - 07/20/17 09:39 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
The_Realtor Offline

Loc: GA
Hey Lucky, great thread! I'm in the process of getting my license and I'd like to start studying and memorizing my scripts. For a new agent, would you recommend Mike Ferry or Kevin Wards scripts?

Page 644 of 647 < 1 2 ... 642 643 644 645 646 647 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Meg, OldHoster, Adarsh Buliders, repromoideas, paparazi257
29599 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Mr. Clean), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28152115
No new orders today 13090863
Stupid MLS comments. 3268912
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1182518
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1054715
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1023025
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 817819
Let's talk about our cars 665121
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 599838