Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
RonnieEmz 31
Vermont 20
leaf fan 20
Trouble 19
Mr. Clean 17
Lucky Leonardo 17
Daniel1234 14
LoganRealty 12
James007 10
Z06Fanatic 10
estatereal 6
miracle 6
VABroker 5
barb43 4
Ajtex 4
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#458444 - 07/13/17 03:08 PM Question about Multiple Co signors on a property
phattwoohie Offline

Loc: Louisiana
I have a large family that wants to purchase 5 acres of land on a lake and build some facilities to have our annual reunion at. We currently rent a state park out every year to do this but they are wanting to secure something private.

No one family member can afford this on their own so we are looking at combining resources and credit to secure a loan big enough to complete the project. Our family can take up a collection large enough to cover say a 20% down payment. I have commitments from 5 family units within the family that will step up and put their name on a loan. Is this possible to do?

Do banks or mortgage companies allow multiple co signors? Each of the 5 family units I spoke to have great credit and are elder members of our family who have little in the way of debts. Also they were chosen because they each make over 100k in their chosen professions. We figured we would have the best chance of success with these family members. We have many many others willing to step up and co sign as well but most have smaller total assets or finances.

Are there any hurdles you think we would face or is such a thing even possible? I have not spoken to any banks or mortgage companies yet. As of right now I'm just exploring the idea and possibility for the family. I figured some seasoned real estate agents might have some knowledge as I know a lot of agents also invest in real estate and know the ins and outs of the process. Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements
#458445 - 07/13/17 04:40 PM Re: Question about Multiple Co signors on a property [Re: phattwoohie]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Move on to the next step and speak with a Loan Originator at a Lending Institution that one or more of you is comfortable dealing with.

What you proposing won't sound unusual to their ears.

You'll probably have to consider making your purchase as a Family Trust or Corporation; with some Bylaws and each Member's rights, responsibilities, and obligations clearly laid out along with termination procedures if one Member wants out, in a recorded document.

Then see if you can locate a satisfactory target property that the entire group can agree on to serve as the collateral.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Meg, OldHoster, Adarsh Buliders, repromoideas, paparazi257
29599 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Mr. Clean), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28152115
No new orders today 13090863
Stupid MLS comments. 3268912
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1182518
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1054715
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1023025
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 817819
Let's talk about our cars 665121
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 599838