Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28308078
No new orders today 13116881
Stupid MLS comments. 3291699
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195464
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068768
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1031986
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825194
Let's talk about our cars 672612
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605165
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595615
Most common items found at an REO 581432
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442235
Main Street 424786
asset val seminar in colorado 408782
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341214
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310133
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 633 of 683 < 1 2 ... 631 632 633 634 635 ... 682 683 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#458142 - 06/19/17 07:57 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! **** [Re: Z06Fanatic]
Mr. Clean Offline

Loc: Western Canada
Originally Posted By: Z06Fanatic
Originally Posted By: Daniel1234

Congrats on the listing....its funny how there's a ton of resources out there for prospecting but nothing related to listing presentations, meanwhile the presentation is the most important part...I've been working on improving my presentation - part 1 being my marketing plan for the property with part 2 being the CMA/pricing....it seems there's 3 major points for a strong presentation - a killer marketing plan, a highly detailed CMA that shows full knowledge of the marketplace, and the ability to show the owner you're the best man/woman for the job and no one is going to come close....if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this certainly chime in - I'm always looking to learn/improve.

My personal opinion is that the ideal presentation is the one that is build on creating rapport combined with focusing on what the client needs (in his mind of course -:)).
What can be worse than having a presentation and bringing up the opposite aspects and ideas and needs of what the client actually has.

Or you can do massive prospecting to catch only those people who match your canned listing presentation.

I definitely agree with tailoring each presentation to the seller but how do you do that with a cold caller without essentially asking them? Its easy with expireds when they express the problems with the last agent, but I dont see how that would work with a cold call.

You need to walk in with a canned presentation.. and then adapt on the fly. And you find out what they want by reading their personality, but also by straight up asking them. I learnt this from a top producer down in california.

I start off my presentation with talking about the property, it's unique features. Then I ask them:

1. What is the best feature of your home?
2. What compliments have friends and neighbors made about your home?
3. What will you miss most about your neighbourhood?
4. Tell us about your neighbours.
5. Who do you consider to be the target market for your home?

Then ask some more serious questions:

We work a little different than most agents. We really want to get to know you. So we are going to ask some thought provoking questions so that we can both discover whether or not we would be a good fit for each other.

1. Why do you want to sell your property at this time?
2. What is most important to you in this process:
a) Timing: how quickly we sell, date of completion
b) New Property: finding the right property to purchase
c) Price: getting the highest sale price possible
3. What are you hoping to get out of this appointment?

Then we get more personal:

Every one of our clients is different, and so we pride ourselves on taking a flexible approach to helping you through this process. We want to work at your pace, in your time frame, ensuring that you understand the process and can be confident that what matters to you, matters to us.

When was the last time you bought or sold property and what was that experience like?

What is your candid opinion of real estate agents in general? Please by honest, it won’t hurt our feelings!

How would you describe your ideal real estate agent?

What do you foresee as being the biggest stress or concern for you in this process? What will keep you up at night?

So that our level of service best matches your expectations, how would you describe yourself?

Bottom line, to-the-point kind of person
Extremely outgoing, spontaneous kind of person
Highly involved with family and friends kind of person
Numbers and information kind of person

We know a lot about our clients at the end of this inquisition.. for example the presentation I did yesterday they literally answered the "ideal realtor" question with "someone who we feel comfortable with. Unfortunately we didn't adapt our presentation well, we knew that these sellers needed to be gone in 3 weeks and it was important for them to get a good price as well, so we thought they would be looking for aggressive agents. We went in with that mindset, and were quite pushy throughout the presentation, when really we should have adapted to be more puppy-dog like as soon as we heard the most important was for them to be comfortable with us. We were the last realtor in and they said they wanted to wait until tomorrow to make their decision.. we said "we'll go outside and wait in our car for 30 min for you to decide.. call us if you decide to hire us or the other agent" pressure, pressure, pressure... not what they were looking for, but we thought we were just showing we were aggressive agents who would get the job done. In the end they chose a different agent because "they were more comfortable with them"

Have a very professional canned CMA and marketing action plan then LISTEN AND ADAPT

Advertisements
#458143 - 06/19/17 08:42 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Daniel1234]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NY
Daniel how are you doing? You're a little over a year in your cold calling ventures if I remember correctly - what kind of results have you had? I remember Ronnie said he started calling, took a listing a month in, then was something like 8 months till his next....I've seen/heard of people being successful year 1 calling expireds/fsbos/open houses - would be interesting if anyone crushed it out the gate on this forum

Sorry for the late response.
Last year I called 28,000 contacts and closed 4.5 deals from cold calling. That`s 1 deal for every 6,200 contacts.
I called 235 days, averaged 120 contacts a day.
My average commission cheque is 11k, this is how much I end up with after split + expenses, before tax.
Now you know how much I made last year. smile

Now, why Ronnie made around 500k by calling less than double I called.
This is the question we all (beside Ronnie) need to ask ourselves.
And I already have the answer and working on it.

What's the answer?!

#458144 - 06/19/17 08:54 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean

Congrats on the listing....its funny how there's a ton of resources out there for prospecting but nothing related to listing presentations, meanwhile the presentation is the most important part...I've been working on improving my presentation - part 1 being my marketing plan for the property with part 2 being the CMA/pricing....it seems there's 3 major points for a strong presentation - a killer marketing plan, a highly detailed CMA that shows full knowledge of the marketplace, and the ability to show the owner you're the best man/woman for the job and no one is going to come close....if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this certainly chime in - I'm always looking to learn/improve.

My personal opinion is that the ideal presentation is the one that is build on creating rapport combined with focusing on what the client needs (in his mind of course -:)).
What can be worse than having a presentation and bringing up the opposite aspects and ideas and needs of what the client actually has.

Or you can do massive prospecting to catch only those people who match your canned listing presentation.

I definitely agree with tailoring each presentation to the seller but how do you do that with a cold caller without essentially asking them? Its easy with expireds when they express the problems with the last agent, but I dont see how that would work with a cold call.

You need to walk in with a canned presentation.. and then adapt on the fly. And you find out what they want by reading their personality, but also by straight up asking them. I learnt this from a top producer down in california.

I start off my presentation with talking about the property, it's unique features. Then I ask them:

1. What is the best feature of your home?
2. What compliments have friends and neighbors made about your home?
3. What will you miss most about your neighbourhood?
4. Tell us about your neighbours.
5. Who do you consider to be the target market for your home?

Then ask some more serious questions:

We work a little different than most agents. We really want to get to know you. So we are going to ask some thought provoking questions so that we can both discover whether or not we would be a good fit for each other.

1. Why do you want to sell your property at this time?
2. What is most important to you in this process:
a) Timing: how quickly we sell, date of completion
b) New Property: finding the right property to purchase
c) Price: getting the highest sale price possible
3. What are you hoping to get out of this appointment?

Then we get more personal:

Every one of our clients is different, and so we pride ourselves on taking a flexible approach to helping you through this process. We want to work at your pace, in your time frame, ensuring that you understand the process and can be confident that what matters to you, matters to us.

When was the last time you bought or sold property and what was that experience like?

What is your candid opinion of real estate agents in general? Please by honest, it won’t hurt our feelings!

How would you describe your ideal real estate agent?

What do you foresee as being the biggest stress or concern for you in this process? What will keep you up at night?

So that our level of service best matches your expectations, how would you describe yourself?

Bottom line, to-the-point kind of person
Extremely outgoing, spontaneous kind of person
Highly involved with family and friends kind of person
Numbers and information kind of person

We know a lot about our clients at the end of this inquisition.. for example the presentation I did yesterday they literally answered the "ideal realtor" question with "someone who we feel comfortable with. Unfortunately we didn't adapt our presentation well, we knew that these sellers needed to be gone in 3 weeks and it was important for them to get a good price as well, so we thought they would be looking for aggressive agents. We went in with that mindset, and were quite pushy throughout the presentation, when really we should have adapted to be more puppy-dog like as soon as we heard the most important was for them to be comfortable with us. We were the last realtor in and they said they wanted to wait until tomorrow to make their decision.. we said "we'll go outside and wait in our car for 30 min for you to decide.. call us if you decide to hire us or the other agent" pressure, pressure, pressure... not what they were looking for, but we thought we were just showing we were aggressive agents who would get the job done. In the end they chose a different agent because "they were more comfortable with them"

Have a very professional canned CMA and marketing action plan then LISTEN AND ADAPT

I take the opposite approach ... I just go in ask them their plans (which I know already because I have had a conversation over the phone about their plans)... explain price is the most important thing that will get the home sold, and go over the recent sales to determine the market value of the home, and then say let's get started ...

Everything is else is conveyed subconsciously by your demeanor and confidence ... you are either going to get it or not in 15 minutes ... get better at asking questions over the phone to determine who you should be going out and seeing, in order to approve your efficiency ... there is no magic presentation that will make people choose you over other agents or get motivated when they are not ...

They need to sell and they can tell you are good the minute you walk through the door dressed professionally, smiling, excited to be there, and can answer all their questions quickly and knowledgeably ...

Price is the only thing that sells a home ... I'm not going to lie and say anything else does, because I don't believe that ... the quicker I tell them the truth, the quicker they can get sold and move on ...

We talk a lot and come up with these elaborate presentations because we feel a need to justify our commission ... if you have to justify to a potential client, are they really the client you are looking for ... ? ... talk to more people to find clients who are looking for a solid agent who they can trust to get the job done ...

The seller only cares about three things:

1) How fast can you sell my home?

2) What are you going to do to get it sold?

3) What is it worth?

Edited by RonnieEmz (06/19/17 09:03 AM)

#458145 - 06/19/17 09:45 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

BTW ... Lucky gets all the credit ... I just followed his system ... THANK YOU LUCKY FOR SHARING !

#458146 - 06/19/17 10:50 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Daniel1234]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
Daniel how are you doing? You're a little over a year in your cold calling ventures if I remember correctly - what kind of results have you had? I remember Ronnie said he started calling, took a listing a month in, then was something like 8 months till his next....I've seen/heard of people being successful year 1 calling expireds/fsbos/open houses - would be interesting if anyone crushed it out the gate on this forum

Last year I called 28,000 contacts and closed 4.5 deals from cold calling. That`s 1 deal for every 6,200 contacts.
My average commission cheque is 11k, this is how much I end up with after split + expenses, before tax.

Hey - I appreciate you listing your numbers.....when did you start heavy cold calling? If these are your year 1 numbers then I don't think they're that far off from the guys who posted Year 1 (Ronnie, BrianMI)......personally I think this system starts to really reap its benefits in year 2,3,4,etc and can really blow up as time goes on - I don't know of anyone who has killed it in Year 1 through cold calling but would be interested if anyone has.

#458154 - 06/20/17 02:13 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Lucky Leonardo
Took my second listing from cold calling today, $1.3m very motivated sellers. 2.5 months into the business. I had a surprise appendix surgery in May so I had to take that month off of calling, I've done 7000 contacts now.

I called a $1.5m home on April 24, they said they were likely moving to a nearby city this year, but wouldn't know for sure until mid may. Called them back may 16, said they wanted to be listed in June. Followed up end of may and went in first week of June for a CMA. Got beat out by their family friend who listed the house, but the owner referred me to his immediate neighbour who was also selling (I think he felt guilty for using me for a price). Neighbour called me for a cma, went for an appointment which lasted 3.5 HOURS (90% listening) and beat out another agent who was referred to them smile

Good stuff.....keep it up. It takes time to build, acquire & see good momentum. If you persist & don't get sidetracked by other systems, the day will come where you can think back and realize you last 20-30 deals were initiated by your pro active lead generation....that's the time where you will truly know and not doubt that this system works & can springboard you to any income you want.

Thanks lucky.

Speaking of other systems.. I came across this old post of yours.. I wonder if you still have the same beliefs about your SOI as a source of leads?

Not sure if you can read that pic.. but this is what you said:

"I agree a S.O.I. is anyone you have met face to face. Even the buyer you show houses or your own listings to. To grow our business it is imperative that we stay focused on growing the S,O.I. list monthly/annually with an ultimate goal of 1000 minimum. Once we have a solid list...on a database like Top Producer etc. there are many different ways to work the list. Depending what we decide to do and not to do will yield different results as far as time, money and effectiveness. By implementing different systems and measuring them we can grow a duplicatable business from this list.

Imagine for a moment, developing a list of 1000 or more people who know you and putting in place several cost and time effective systems which would generate a 10% return or more from this list. This would generate approx 100 deals for us. Even if we felt 10% is overly optimistic....5% is certainly reasonable....50 deals. Multiply this by our average commission and you get a predictable and duplicatable income year after year. Experiment and add systems and add to this list and our income and results will grow as well."

http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbth...html#Post319782

That post was made about 7 years ago. Yes I still believe it's a good system to incorporate. Unfortunately, I am guilty of not having followed it. Calling soi/oc has residual results.

#458155 - 06/20/17 02:15 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Outback]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Outback
You can call the same list at the same time.

Lucky, so doing this from two dialers doesn't cause any problems/conflicts? Do both windows update correctly to show number of dials, etc?

No conflicts. To get up to the minute summary while prospecting, minimize the dialer & go to reports.

#458156 - 06/20/17 02:22 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Daniel1234]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

I'd need more details to coach you to better results but based on your summary the first thing I would change is I would at least triple your daily contacts. Two dialers means you only prospected about 1.5 hours per day.

100 contacts in our market will produce a trickle of results.

300 + contacts will produce a nice large flow.

I've said it before, everyone needs to spend a minimum of 50% + per day-week at lead generation and follow up. You're not doing that.

#458157 - 06/20/17 03:04 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Is everyone here listening to "Be Obsessed or be Average…

5000, 5 star reviews on Audible .

#458160 - 06/20/17 06:45 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Outback Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Outback
You can call the same list at the same time.

Lucky, so doing this from two dialers doesn't cause any problems/conflicts? Do both windows update correctly to show number of dials, etc?

No conflicts. To get up to the minute summary while prospecting, minimize the dialer & go to reports.

Thanks Lucky, this works great. Awesome way to finish off a list on your second time through.

#458161 - 06/20/17 07:05 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Daniel1234 Offline

Loc: Canada

I'd need more details to coach you to better results but based on your summary the first thing I would change is I would at least triple your daily contacts. Two dialers means you only prospected about 1.5 hours per day.

100 contacts in our market will produce a trickle of results.

300 + contacts will produce a nice large flow.

I've said it before, everyone needs to spend a minimum of 50% + per day-week at lead generation and follow up. You're not doing that.

Thank you Lucky.

#458162 - 06/20/17 07:09 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: RonnieEmz]
Daniel1234 Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

What's the answer?!

Simple.
If you were to set a goal of making 1.5 mil in profits before tax by the end of this year, what would you have to do / become?
I can be more specific but I believe you got the idea. smile

#458164 - 06/20/17 07:38 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Daniel1234]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: RonnieEmz

What's the answer?!

Simple.
If you were to set a goal of making 1.5 mil in profits before tax by the end of this year, what would you have to do / become?
I can be more specific but I believe you got the idea. smile

Hey Daniel....what is your average gross commission check. If your int the good areas of the GTA it could be as high as $18-$20,000 per side now.

All you have to do is take 1 listing per week! There;s your $1M!

#458173 - 06/21/17 05:34 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
RonnieEmz Offline
Veteran Member

Any thoughts on how to successfully incorporate a buyer's agent into your team?

#458174 - 06/21/17 05:41 AM Re: I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! [Re: Mr. Clean]
AnonymousWriter Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
On the professional athletes topic.. they spend hours studying their performance on film. I figured I should do the same. I recorded my audio on a call this morning, I would like you guys to assess my tone, pace, clarity, etc. All feedback appreciated!

The call turned out to be a possible seller that I will re-qualify in a month. I don't count these people as leads.. but if somebody is a maybe and they have a good reason why I just hit the schedule call button on mojo at the end of the call and it sends me a notification to call them on the appropriate day. I figure it's worth the small amount of time rather than throwing away these potential leads, and I only do it for about 2 in every 100 contacts.

Anyways.. here's the link to the audio https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-bKVCNtz5rcTlPT20wazZxQWs

Great Call Mr. Clean, you have great tone and clarity. You listened attentively to her responses. I would have asked couple more question to dig up the motivation.

What's stopping you from making the move now than 2 months from now?
If there was a financial advantage to you in moving sooner rather than later, do you have to wait?
and mike ferry's obv you realize it could take 2-3 months in todays market to get a home sold.......

Page 633 of 683 < 1 2 ... 631 632 633 634 635 ... 682 683 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver, idxmatrix, Alwayslearning
29846 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (JohnN), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 23
Mr. Clean 13
Trouble 9
Lucky Leonardo 9
Bigtoe 7
estatereal 7
HOT-TUB 5