Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#456771 - 02/27/17 03:20 AM Keller Williams question Help Please
Dori Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I am interviewing brokers to decide who to work with, I sent in a request to find out about Keller Williams, they responded quickly inviting me to a luncheon talk they were having the next day. I went and there were only a few attendees, it was informative and I liked the offices and energy I got from a few agents I was able to meet while there.
I was told I would receive a follow up email with the details given at the luncheon as well as additional info I would need to make my decision. The luncheon was Wednesday, I sent a follow up email to the front desk and team leader on Friday morning. I have still not heard back from either! Is this a common tactic to see if potential agent is committed enough to go after them? It seems strange that they would not at least reply to my follow up email.... I am thinking of calling later today!

Advertisements
#456772 - 02/27/17 06:12 AM Re: Keller Williams question Help Please [Re: Dori]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Dori
". . . Is this a common tactic to see if potential agent is committed enough to go after them? It seems strange that they would not at least reply to my follow up emai . . ."

No; it's probably just a case of recruiting "New Agents" not currently being a very high priority matter in that Office.

And the person(?) to whom you sent the follow-up email may not be very motivated to encourage adding more Staff.

The squeaky wheel usually gets the grease.

#456782 - 02/28/17 12:03 PM Re: Keller Williams question Help Please [Re: Dori]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
If they don't respond by email then call 'em! Better yet, stop on into the office and speak with them in person.

#456859 - 03/08/17 03:13 PM Re: Keller Williams question Help Please [Re: Dori]
BpoBill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: US
Ive been in real estate for 14 years and joined KW in December of 2016. I was with Remax for most of my career, and then an independent company. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. In a nut shell I'm very happy with KW. It's a lot of freedom, and the splits are awesome. Tons and tons of training, and everyone is an open book.

#456996 - 03/21/17 05:17 PM Re: Keller Williams question Help Please [Re: BpoBill]
Brandon Battle Offline

Loc: Anaheim,CA
Does Keller Williams strongly encourage or even demand new agents to join someone's team within the office? I want good training and personal mentoring but,don't want to be supervised by some team leader dictating my schedule and activities.

#457001 - 03/22/17 02:37 AM Re: Keller Williams question Help Please [Re: Brandon Battle]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Brandon Battle
". . . I want good training and personal mentoring but,don't want to be supervised by some team leader dictating my schedule and activities . . ."

That sounds like it would be contrary to the IRS's definition of an "independent Contractor", doesn't it ?

#457013 - 03/22/17 11:57 AM Re: Keller Williams question Help Please [Re: Vermont]
Brandon Battle Offline

Loc: Anaheim,CA
It is a voluntary team of legally independent agents with a "captain " of sorts directing the teams activities like when to prospect,when to practice scripts,etc.The captain isn't responsible for workers compensation payments or any other legal responsibilities of a broker or employer.I simply don't want to be told the team meets everyday at such and such and you can't miss this and that or else.If I have to be in a team,I want a little scheduling flexibility or else I won't join them.

#457016 - 03/22/17 01:50 PM Re: Keller Williams question Help Please [Re: Brandon Battle]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Brandon Battle
". . . The captain isn't responsible for workers compensation payments or any other legal responsibilities of a broker or employer . . ."

Brokers don't have those responsibilities for Independent Contractors either. Most Real Estate Agents are defined as ineligible for Workers Compensation, Employer's Liability, UnEmployment Compensation, Health Insurance, Vacation Time, Maternity Leave, Paid Holidays, Sick Time, 401-Ks, Over-Time or any of those other vestiges of the Hourly or Salaried work world . . . . afterall, they're Independent !

But if a condition of hiring an Independent Contractor is for the Employer to exercise control over the workplace, the hours, or the specific activities of that person, then that control violates the Rules and s/he ceases to be an Independent Contractor and immediately becomes an EMPLOYEE in the eyes of the IRS and most other Federal, State and Local governing authorities.

Your use (or Keller Williams' use) of the word "voluntary" makes it sound like subjugating or subordinating oneself to this form of control is purely elective on the part of the Licensee . . . . and NOT a requirement. Read your proposed ICA (Independent Contractor Agreement) very carefully.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (JohnN, Mr. G, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Lucky Leonardo 11
Logan Five 11