Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28451391
No new orders today 13134662
Stupid MLS comments. 3340509
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224336
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1099920
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1054617
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843256
Let's talk about our cars 696299
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 621624
Most common items found at an REO 614826
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612082
REOTRANS 460466
EML 459235
Main Street 441457
asset val seminar in colorado 421205
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352345
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327611
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#456389 - 01/19/17 06:57 AM Getting Back Into The Business After Running Out Of Money..
Logan Five Offline

Loc: Northern CA
I was in the business 15 years ago, but when all the listings dried up I had no money left in the bank to stay in the business. I did do some prospecting but I didn't stick with it i.e I didn't do it everyday.ve

If I had it to do over again..I would take the advice from Mike Ferry and start everyday with a plan. For example, I would door knock on Tuesday, Saturday & Sunday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm..people are normally home on the weekends.

Monday I would preview property on vacant homes that are on a lock box. Wednesday I would work in the office and take floor time, that would leave me with Thursday and Friday as my days off.

With the prospecting I need to contact 100 people i.e I need to hear 99 " no's " for every " yes " I get.

Well, that's the plan. I want to work with sellers as opposed to buyers. What do you think ? Is it realistic ? Do I need to prospect more than three days a week ?

Any advice you can share would be helpful. TIA.

Logan,

Advertisements
#456409 - 01/22/17 10:41 AM Re: Getting Back The Business After Running Out Of Money.. [Re: Logan Five]
Logan Five Offline

Loc: Northern CA
Also, can I door knock if I don't have a real estate license yet..and give those leads to another agent and split the listing commission ?

Nobody door knocks in my location, just the religious people JW's.

I am wanting to get back into the business and door knock again.

Logan,

Edited by Logan Five (01/22/17 10:47 AM)

#456414 - 01/23/17 04:53 AM Re: Getting Back The Business After Running Out Of Money.. [Re: Logan Five]
JohnN Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Logan Five
Also, can I door knock if I don't have a real estate license yet..and give those leads to another agent and split the listing commission ?

Nobody door knocks in my location, just the religious people JW's.

I am wanting to get back into the business and door knock again.

Logan,
In my state the regulations prohibit a licensed agent from giving anything over $25 to a non licensed person in regards to a RE transaction.
Your laws may differ.

#456416 - 01/23/17 08:16 AM Re: Getting Back The Business After Running Out Of Money.. [Re: Logan Five]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
". . . can I door knock if I don't have a real estate license yet . . ."

That sounds like you'd be willing to impersonate a Licensee . . . . not likely to get you off on the right foot !

And as your fellow Licensees catch wind of your willingness to do this, you will find that it follows you for a long time. That's NOT the kind of reputation, or 1st Impression you want to create in your home territory.

Get that License re-instated first . . . . if you had a License 15 years ago, you already know this. The Law hasn't changed in the past 15 years.

When are you scheduled to sit for your Real Estate Exam(s) ?

#457269 - 04/07/17 05:39 AM Re: Getting Back Into The Business After Running Out Of Money.. [Re: Logan Five]
AgentAlam Offline

Loc: Southern Ontario
I would door knock on Tuesday, Saturday & Sunday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm..people are normally home on the weekends.

Waao! Door knocking 7 hours straight? I don't see anyone being able to continue after 2-3 hours. People usually start feeling disoriented after 2-3 hours of walking, door knocking and talking.

Logan,

How would you identify yourself when you DO talk to a homeowner? In my province, bird dog fee is not allowed. What you will be doing in unlicensed practice which is not allowed

Edited by AgentAlam (04/07/17 05:44 AM)
Edit Reason: add

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1, philgore
30073 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Venturepacific, newagent2028), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
Gamin' Agent 10
estatereal 10
sualk54 7
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6
Mr. Clean 6