Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28450783
No new orders today 13134507
Stupid MLS comments. 3339111
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224004
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1099907
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1054603
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843237
Let's talk about our cars 696286
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 621617
Most common items found at an REO 614780
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612074
REOTRANS 460451
EML 459235
Main Street 441442
asset val seminar in colorado 421197
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352330
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327593
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#447949 - 09/22/15 06:21 AM Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories?
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
Well I just wasted about 10-15 minutes on the phone I believe, they have appointment setters pushing appointments for a manager saying there is no monthly fee and you just pay a referral at closing.

Then you get on your appointment with the manager and at the end of the 15 minute call find out there is a $595 setup fee (for what??) and that you cannot receive any referrals unless you send referrals.

So maybe it's for real but all these companies that want large up front payments scream scam to me and especially when they use under-handed and deceptive tactics to get a 15 minute phone appointment with you.

I can say a long time ago (maybe a year) I had found Agent Machine and at the time they were not linked with Referral Exchange. They did not seem to have an upfront fee and apparently they weren't accepting new agents, which made it appear 100% legit..

A little more on the pitch I received: so I thought they were looking for like my seller is moving from NY to CA so I refer his buy deal in CA to an agent in their network, and while I'm sure you can do that what they pitched to me is that you give them your old, cold, dead leads that never panned out and they start working them over to turn them up and then pay you a % when one closes If they find a live one they give them the option of 3 agents (which I believe you are guaranteed to be one of the options on a lead you gave them in your area) but if they pick another agent you get the referral fee.

Advertisements
#447954 - 09/22/15 07:04 AM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: ibsellin]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Ha! Sounds like they're just the middleman between referrals. So, instead of you sending a referral to an agent across the country who you know, you send it through that company and they refer it to someone and collect a nice fee.

Whelp, I just finished reading your post. Interesting on the "work old leads." Though, you could just work them yourself and keep all the profits.

#447974 - 09/23/15 09:43 PM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: ibsellin]
James Warren Offline

Loc: Shanghai, China
Not so long ago I cam across a book called "The Referral Engine" by John Jantsch. Alot of the principles in the book can also be applied to real estate agents.
PartnerGo is an online B2B real estate referral network that serves as a platform to match and connect real estate buyer and seller agents as well as real estate developers around the globe. Learn More at: http://www.partnersss.com/

#448040 - 09/29/15 05:43 PM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: ibsellin]
Broker John Offline

Loc: NC
I just closed one of these transactions...they only charged me the referral fee. I didn't pay ANY start up or joining fee. I have been getting a good amount of leads from them, just none that actually qualify or anything. I listed 1 solid property, got it sold in under 60 days, sent off my referral fee and done.

I was pretty happy with the results...so far about 20 leads, 1 listing 1 sold, lots of other wasted time with buyers..blah.

(I don't work for any of those companies either, I have my own firm with 1 other agent)

#448054 - 10/01/15 06:01 AM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: Broker John]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
How long ago did you join and have you sent any referrals through them?

#452405 - 05/09/16 08:07 AM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: ibsellin]
REO DISPATCH Offline

Loc: REPO VILLE USA
Any updates?

#455973 - 12/20/16 07:59 AM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: ibsellin]
buyandsellfast Offline

Loc: Detroit
Someone from this company called me and we set an appointment. Is this a real company? They called me for the appointment but they said it was $995 not the $495 and they kept trying to get me to pay right at that time we were on the phone but also we kept getting disconnected and I kept thinking is this real? I mean if they're a national company like they said they were then why would they have a telephone system that keeps on disconnecting the customers? Seems like that would have been repaired a long time ago. Did anyone sign up to be a member and how is it? It sounds too good to be true plus the disconnects kept me thinking they are some kind of scam.

#456026 - 12/23/16 04:35 AM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: buyandsellfast]
buyandsellfast Offline

Here is some more information I found out about this company. First off they are legit. I did originally visit their website but that does not mean you are legit. What I found was that CRS members are used to close the sales and that explains why I felt the salesperson was selling me on sending referrals rather than receiving referrals. They already have people doing that! I guess they have enough. I know that because they asked me if I was a CRS member and said that should I be a CRS member then I would have a different experience so I checked with a CRS member and got an answer. However, they still said I can receive. CRS members get in at no cost. They tried to tell me my $995 would be a tax write off. Does CRS get the best pickings? The first pickings? CRS members don't have to send referrals either! They just get to receive.

#456065 - 12/27/16 04:22 PM Re: Any Referral Exchange / Agent Machine Success stories? [Re: buyandsellfast]
buyandsellfast Offline

I have decided not to pursue this opportunity. Call the folks on their website. A couple of reviews were OKAY, one was very good and two were bad. What is that saying when a company lists an agent review as positive but you call the agent and it's really negative? I am not sure what I'm supposed to make of that. At any rate I'm not going to give them a thousand bucks for the service.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1, philgore
30073 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (doug, 1 invisible), 55 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
estatereal 10
Gamin' Agent 10
sualk54 7
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6
Mr. Clean 6