Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mr. Clean 29
Lucky Leonardo 23
Vermont 20
Z06Fanatic 17
Daniel1234 15
miracle 11
estatereal 9
Bigtoe 8
RonnieEmz 8
Trouble 8
James007 7
gitmonee 7
Andrew James 5
The7 5
Investor_broker 5
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#456064 - 12/27/16 09:00 PM Rentals - Hot Market Listings?
Jacksmedia4 Offline

Loc: OH
Hi,
I am currently becoming a Realtor in Miami, Florida. The market is pretty hot here, especially for condo rentals. I want to earn some fast money by working with rentals. I want to list rentals by contacting landlords and asking them to sign a non-exclusive agreement so I can market. I will put on Zillow, MLS, etc. How possible is it for me, do you think, to get [u]these listings in a hot market? Do landlords even need Realtors[/u] or do you think I can still get adequate rental listings from this?

Edited by Jacksmedia4 (12/27/16 11:08 PM)

Advertisements
#456071 - 12/28/16 10:17 AM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Jacksmedia4]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
You'll soon discover that you can only put Exclusive Listings on MLS.

You get that License, and you'll also discover that money is made in Sales; not Rentals.

#456072 - 12/28/16 12:04 PM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Vermont]
Jacksmedia4 Offline

[quote=Vermont]You'll soon discover that you can only put Exclusive Listings on MLS.

You get that License, and you'll also discover that money is made in Sales; not Rentals.[/quote]

Thanks Vermont, that's a truth I kinda already know but am a little scared to confront. Any advice on how to make some quick money when first starting out?

#456073 - 12/28/16 01:32 PM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Jacksmedia4]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Jacksmedia4
"...Any advice on how to make some quick money when first starting out?..."

No; I'd ask whoever told you there was such a thing as "quick money" in Real Estate.

If there was "quick money", then a half million hungry Agents would be interested in knowing how to find it !

Nothing is quick in Real Estate; this is not an industry for those who require immediate gratification for their efforts.

You need the Patience of Job.

Good Luck !

#456075 - 12/28/16 03:09 PM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Vermont]
Jacksmedia4 Offline

[quote=Vermont][quote=Jacksmedia4]"...Any advice on how to make some quick money when first starting out?..."[/quote]
No; I'd ask whoever told you there was such a thing as "quick money" in Real Estate.

If there was "quick money", then a half million hungry Agents would be interested in knowing how to find it !

Nothing is quick in Real Estate; this is not an industry for those who require immediate gratification for their efforts.

You need the Patience of Job.

Good Luck ! [/quote]

Thanks for the advice. One quick question - If I call expireds, door knock with just sold speech, and work 12 hours a day... how long do you think before I will get my first commission?

Thank you!

#456076 - 12/28/16 04:02 PM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Jacksmedia4]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: JacksMedia4
". . . how long do you think before I will get my first commission? . . .

Too many variables in that question for me or most anyone else to even venture a guess: the national market(s); your local market; your Broker's reputation; your own likability coefficient; your prospects' irritability coefficient; and any number of other factors. There isn't a reliable timetable !

But there's always something known as Beginner's Luck !

I've concluded that life isn't fair; some people are just born with the ability to charm others into putting money into their pockets; but it's not a skill that one can easily learn . . . . it's harder than Snake Charming, and it's often more dangerous !

#456077 - 12/28/16 04:28 PM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Vermont]
Jacksmedia4 Offline

[quote=Vermont]You'll soon discover that you can only put Exclusive Listings on MLS.

You get that License, and you'll also discover that money is made in Sales; not Rentals. [/quote]

Quick question - Why can't I put non-exclusive listings on the MLS? What will happen? Realtors stealing my listing?

#456078 - 12/28/16 04:48 PM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Jacksmedia4]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

You're getting a little ahead of yourself . . . . after you get a License, and are offered the opportunity to subscribe to the local MLS through your Broker, you'll have to read, understand, and agree to follow the Rules of MLS.

MLS exists for Brokers to share something they have control over (Exclusive Listings) with other Brokers; you supply Listings and another may provide Buyers, or vice versa.

Open Listings (Non-Exclusives) don't provide that element of control . . . . and you can't very well share something that you don't have.

Providing information to other Brokers about all of your Open Listings is just an invitation for them to get up and go out and get one of their own Open Listings . . . . afterall, they're Non-Exclusive; so it can't be catgorized as "stealing".

If Opens were allowed in the MLS, every Broker would enter their version of the same Non-Exclusive or Open, and it would greatly cheapen the Listing and make the Seller look terribly desperate, wouldn't it ?

So, you'd be better served to keep Opens in your back pocket and not broadcast their existence, thus avoiding that element of the Competition . . . . you let them make their own discoveries and hunt down their own Open Listings. We're not running some kind of Charity around here !

#456081 - 12/29/16 03:19 PM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Vermont]
Jacksmedia4 Offline

[quote=Vermont]You're getting a little ahead of yourself . . . . after you get a License, and are offered the opportunity to subscribe to the local MLS through your Broker, you'll have to read, understand, and agree to follow the Rules of MLS.

MLS exists for Brokers to share something they have control over (Exclusive Listings) with other Brokers; you supply Listings and another may provide Buyers, or vice versa.

Open Listings (Non-Exclusives) don't provide that element of control . . . . and you can't very well share something that you don't have.

Providing information to other Brokers about all of your Open Listings is just an invitation for them to get up and go out and get one of their own Open Listings . . . . afterall, they're Non-Exclusive; so it can't be catgorized as "stealing".

If Opens were allowed in the MLS, every Broker would enter their version of the same Non-Exclusive or Open, and it would greatly cheapen the Listing and make the Seller look terribly desperate, wouldn't it ?

So, you'd be better served to keep Opens in your back pocket and not broadcast their existence, thus avoiding that element of the Competition . . . . you let them make their own discoveries and hunt down their own Open Listings. [i][b]We're not running some kind of Charity around here ![/b][/i] [/quote]

Thanks for advice!

#456089 - 12/30/16 07:48 AM Re: Rentals - Hot Market Listings? [Re: Jacksmedia4]
JohnN Offline

Loc: Minnesota
If you want quick(er) money you should look at getting on with a team. You will give up some of your commission but you will learn the ropes and remember, 100% of 0 = 0

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
realtorraj17, Probate Expert, Joe PCHB, CDMDCH, T Blair
29643 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Daniel1234), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28171707
No new orders today 13092574
Stupid MLS comments. 3269772
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1183337
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1055466
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1023651
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 818319
Let's talk about our cars 665685
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 600135