Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271216
No new orders today 13101849
Stupid MLS comments. 3276726
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189483
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061194
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028185
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822655
Let's talk about our cars 671007
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602720
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592429
Most common items found at an REO 576025
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440745
Main Street 419457
asset val seminar in colorado 407160
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340447
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306784
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455891 - 12/14/16 02:36 PM So I've had my first interview today
Markadams Offline

Loc: Canoga Park CA
So I've had my first interview today with the century 21 everything went pretty well thanks to some other posts here I was able to get a hold of some questions that I should ask and what to expect after about 25 minutes and trying to determine if the training would take me away from my exam prep she broke out the contract even though I am pre-license and currently awaiting an exam date she offered to put me up at a desk and throw me right into training so this way I can hit the ground running once my license is active I told her that I will reply in a few days and have a few other interviews The commission rate seems pretty fair and the training looks awesome however one thing I did notice I walked in dressed to the 9's suit and tie Rolex on my wrist and honestly I felt out of place and overdressed what is the rule me myself I would preferred to be in a suit every day it's just the way I've seen agents dress in the past I guess what I'm trying to say is is too flashy no good interviewing with Coldwell Banker tomorrow at 10 AM hope all go's well

Advertisements
#455903 - 12/15/16 03:24 AM Re: So I've had my first interview today [Re: Markadams]
Grant Medich Offline

Loc: Rockford, MI
Congrats on completing your first interview.

I find attire to be one of the more distracting challenges in doing business. One of my mortgagee acquaintances put it well when he shared his own experience with me. He found his business suit worked well downtown in our local, mid-sized city, but seemed to alienate clients in the nearby rural areas.

My own challenge is to dress appropriately enough for field work as a home inspector while being able to quick-change into clothes appropriate enough for meeting with realtors and loan officers.

Dressing for success has many interpretations. You might find that your preferred attire affects your eventual choice of a broker. Good luck in your search.

#455909 - 12/15/16 12:08 PM Re: So I've had my first interview today [Re: Markadams]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Hey Mark,

Grant gave some pretty solid advice.

It all depends on what you're selling and where. If you're selling a farm then a suit and a Ferrari will definitely be out of place, but if you're selling a multi-million dollar home then you want to dress the part.

But, again, you also have to check how everyone else is dressing around you. I remember seeing agents in California selling expensive homes dressed like they're about to go on vacation.

#455910 - 12/15/16 12:25 PM Re: So I've had my first interview today [Re: Markadams]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Dress to show respect for the person you're interviewing. You won't be making a big mistake . . . . few will be offended by you showing "too much respect" !

You can always dress down to fit the environment later.

And don't expect them to dress-up just because you're coming into Town . . . . But it doesn't work that way !

#456439 - 01/25/17 05:54 AM Re: So I've had my first interview today [Re: Markadams]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
You ultimately have be hang your license somewhere where you feel comfortable as well as somewhere you feel will put you on the path to success.

The others above are correct...you ultimately will need to dress to suit the environment. I have clients that expect a suit and tie, and others who have told me flat out that I don't need to be dressed up in front of them. It's what you feel comfortable with, in the end.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis
29796 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (STEW, estatereal, miracle, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 40
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10