Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374170 - 04/28/11 08:46 PM Why the most of my rental leads disappear after the showings?
Anyelina Offline

Loc: Miami
I know this sounds funny or ridiculous, and is kind of embarrassing to me but I don't know what to do. I'm just new in real estate, have been working only in rentals for the last 5 months but I'm having a lot of trouble keeping rental leads. I swear that I am very nice to them, I tried to help them in the best way possible. I always answer the phone or return calls shortly, I reply emails within minutes or few hours, I qualify them properly, and I have showed them properties. After that, they just disappear. I have told this to other agents in my office asking them and tell me honestly, if its my personality or what that people don't like me and disappear. They said that its nothing wrong with me, that all this prospective tenants are not loyal and are very volatile. They just keep looking and looking until they find what they want and the agent that show them that property get lucky. Is this really true?

So how all the agents that have been working only in rentals (with tenants) have made it for so long? I just don't understand how they do it. I have spent hours and hours looking properties on MLS for leads that I got everyday, talk to them on the phone, explain to them everything, exchange emails with them, sent them pictures of all properties that meet their criteria, some of them they not even want to see them, the others that want to see them, they disappear after. I'm so tired of this situation, that people think I'm a tour guide.

I just change my strategy now, in asking them to fill out the application form and pay the application fee up front, BEFORE showing them properties, in that way they can give some commitment to me and show me that they are serious in renting and are not in a house tour. I just started doing this recently and any lead had done it yet. I think this is a good thing to do not only for the commitment they show, but for safety. You know... showing a vacant property to a man, me being a woman, its kind of scary sometimes. So I think that its very important to do this before showing properties. The problem is that the 90% of agents, they don't ask for the application fee up front, only when they are ready to make an offer.

Please help! Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you! frown

Advertisements
#375035 - 05/07/11 06:32 AM Re: Why the most of my rental leads disappear after the showings? [Re: Anyelina]
btoo7wt Offline

Loc: Georgia
I got into property management about two years ago. From a marketing/lead generation point of view, the rental business is really the same as the selling side. It is important to have rental listings. Rental listings drive potential renters to our website because of an IDX connection with MLS. Just like buyers, it is a numbers game. Qualifing a prospective tenant is key. The more listings you have the more renters you have to talk to. If my listing doesn't work for them (and they are qualified as far as past rental history, employment/income, and credit) then I show them listings that do and earn a co-op fee. And during this process I am building a relationship and continuing to do some low key qualification through conversation. A lot of renters do set appointments and never show up. So I call 30 minutes before the appointment. If I can't confirm I don't waste my time. If I call and get voicemail, I leave a message that I won't be there if they don't call back to confirm. Hang in there because it is a learning process. You will get to the point where you can easily determine if it is a waste of your time on the first phone contact. I qualify for motivation, time frame and ability to pay. I don't work with anyone that does not need to move in the next 30 days. I'd say take a good look at your qualification process. Like I say, it is a learning process. We would all like to help everyone but some people just aren't ready to be helped. Get some listings and I think you will have a different experience.

#450130 - 01/27/16 08:08 AM Re: Why the most of my rental leads disappear after the showings? [Re: Anyelina]
SashaOwens Offline

Loc: Florida
I am a new Realtor as well and I have my first rental lead which is turning out to be harder than I had thought. She needs to move IMMEDIATELY and her only requirements is that it is 3 bedroom and $850 or less a month. In our market that is almost impossible - in the three cities she gave me to look at there are maybe 4 properties meeting that criteria. Any suggestions on what to do for her? I added some that were priced higher to show her what the 3 bedrooms are going for on the market and also added a few from surrounding areas as well. Anything else I can do for her? I don't want to lose my first client.

#450134 - 01/27/16 10:16 AM Re: Why the most of my rental leads disappear after the showings? [Re: Anyelina]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Maybe your new friend has to settle for less than 3 bedrooms . . . . or sacrifice some privacy ?

What else will $850 get you in that market area ?

A Studio; Two Bedrooms; or few rooms in a "Shared" Apartment ?

Are there nearby Towns or neighborhoods that are less desirable but where you'd get more for your money ?

Does the Tenant have Fir$t, La$t and a $ecurity Depo$it ?

Who's going to be compensating you . . . . you don't want to do all this work and then get gypped out of any Commi$$ion ?

#455361 - 11/09/16 11:25 PM Re: Why the most of my rental leads disappear after the showings? [Re: Anyelina]
Crown Lawn Offline

Loc: 4/41 Millharbour,Canary Wharf,...
you take a good decision.there are so many that kind of people who always doing the same thing whenever they are going.It's happen with me also...

#455387 - 11/11/16 12:53 AM Re: Why the most of my rental leads disappear after the showings? [Re: Crown Lawn]
Lak Apartments Offline

Loc: 3-4 Ashburn Gardens,South Kens...
I'm agree with him...

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (JohnN, Mr. G, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Lucky Leonardo 11
Logan Five 11