Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455221 - 10/31/16 07:33 AM Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective
jondrometa Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hi Everyone. I'm a newbie here on the forum because my partner and I are in the market to purchase a home in Georgia very soon.

Call me crazy... but as a potential "buyer", I'm a bit shocked by the lack of video tours for any of the properties that we're interested in.

Every other industry out there (even intangibles like coaching or software applications) have some form of a product demo.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from all the video content out there, but my partner and I both figured real estate would be a no-brainer for demoing properties on camera.

Photos do work incredibly well. It's what peaks our interest to click on a property.

But having a video might give us a better idea of the property.
Like understanding the actual size and proportions of the room as a camera moves thru the doorway.

I know all agents have different opinions about creating "virtual tours", etc.

But I'm just curious...

What is the Number 1 reason real estate agents are not using video for listings or other marketing efforts?

Advertisements
#455230 - 11/01/16 02:03 AM Re: Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective [Re: jondrometa]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Because, when you are ready to make the actual purchase, you will go out and look at the houses that meet your criteria whether they have videaos or not. Those other products u mentioned can be purchased site inseen online. Not so with houses. No one is going to buy a house based on a video.

#455231 - 11/01/16 02:17 AM Re: Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective [Re: jondrometa]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Because, when you are ready to make the actual purchase, you will go out and look at the houses that meet your criteria whether they have videaos or not. Those other products u mentioned can be purchased site inseen online. Not so with houses. No one is going to buy a house based on a video.

#455232 - 11/01/16 02:43 AM Re: Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective [Re: jondrometa]
GaryDavidHall Offline

Loc: Bucks County PA
Because you have never done it, does not mean it is never done. Investors buy investment properties without ever setting foot in it for example. So never say never.

#455234 - 11/01/16 04:13 AM Re: Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective [Re: jondrometa]
Grant Medich Offline

Loc: Rockford, MI
I think that's a great question, jondrometa. I think video tours are largely market-driven, by price, by location, and by volume.

Large housing projects produced by major developer sometimes provide video tours covering multiple, available models. Likewise, when the market is tough, realtors (with their sellers) are more motivated to look for additional ways to make their listings attractive. Videos certainly stand out in times of economic necessity.

Various parts of the country find it easier to hire affordable video services. Professional partners can produce high-quality videos which will not reflect unfavorably on a home. Many realtors will not risk appearing unprofessional by distributing amateurish marketing content.

Lastly, high-end homes produce more profit margin to allow more expensive marketing services. When price is no object, it doesn't matter how close a professional video producer is located. At the same time, higher-end clients might not want their home recorded for a variety of reasons.

Thank you for sharing your question. I always find it helpful to engage buyer's bold enough to candidly ask questions many others seem hesitant to broach.

#455236 - 11/01/16 04:37 AM Re: Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective [Re: jondrometa]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: jondrometa
". . . What is the Number 1 reason real estate agents are not using video for listings or other marketing efforts? . . ."

I think it's because we're not selling some mass produced item like a car or a refrigerator . . . . each property is unique and its location and neighborhood is critical to establishing its value and to becoming acquainted with it.

To answer your specific question, it's probably that any video is going to have utility for one (1) and only one property, not for a multitude of mass produced items flowing off the assembly line and where you're going to generate more than one sale of that product.

As an aside, I've sold a few properties "sight unseen" (except for photos), and where the Buyers didn't actually lay eyes on their new residence until they were unpacking the U-Haul Truck after a thousand mile journey. It has never been pleasant.

The mind's eye is deceptive and always fills in the missing information based upon the Buyer's predisposition. I was never actually sued for this reason; only threatened . . . . but it's not an activity I would recommend to anyone except my worse enemy.

#455240 - 11/01/16 05:56 AM Re: Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective [Re: Vermont]
Neal M Offline

Loc: Jackson
There are several reasons. Video force viewer to see a property at the pace of the video. Yes, you can rewind or pause video, but it's not the same level of control you have with viewing photos. Also, video is a lot more expensive and many times the extra cost is just not worth it.

#456202 - 01/07/17 03:18 PM Re: Video Question From The Buyer's Perspective [Re: jondrometa]
rdayley Offline

Loc: Clarksville TN
I think it's more of an issue of not wanting to spend money on a good video camera or having the knowledge of editing and uploading the videos. I am looking at buying a good camera instead of using my iPhone.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Venturepacific), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 11