Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 44
C21Mr.May 17
Daniel1234 16
Trouble 15
Z06Fanatic 12
RonnieEmz 10
David Hunter 9
zhenbuxianghua 9
rjlocal22 8
VABroker 7
sualk54 5
nopeda 5
Bigtoe 5
JohnN 5
miracle 4
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455116 - 10/25/16 10:49 AM Approach to dealing with stall tactics
Donna Jean Offline

Loc: Ohio
I had a property my client wanted to view, couldn't get in due to key lock dysfunction, the listing agent met me at the location with the key but couldn't get the door to unlock. Next came the lock box....key was stuck and couldn't get it out to open door, agent called to reschedule. Third time we got in (the next day) emailed that night wanted to view property disclosures prior to putting in offer, received reply email already under contract...how would you handle this situation pertaining to not being able to get in to view the property, (but apparently someone was).

Advertisements
#455122 - 10/25/16 04:27 PM Re: Approach to dealing with stall tactics [Re: Donna Jean]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
How much time elapsed between the initial effort to see the How How much total time elapsed between the initial effort to present the property and the revelation that it was Under Deposit ?

At this early date, can you determine whether it's an "in house" Buyer who put the Subject Property under Contract or does it involve another Co-Broker ?

If it involves another Co-Broker, you probably don't have a case; otherwise I'd suspect the same connivance that has raised your antennae.

I'd first engage in a discovery process to determine whether I had been denied the opportunity to fully present the property, and then I might file an Ethics complaint with your Local Board of REALTORS®' Grievance Committee and/or the MLS Committee.

Similarly, as a Member of the General Public, your Buyer may have a basis for filing a Complaint with the Ohio Real Estate Commission regarding the other Agent's apparent effort at crippling your Buyer's opportunity to consider the property.

Collect and save all emails and your telephone log as evidence.

#455135 - 10/26/16 11:47 AM Re: Approach to dealing with stall tactics [Re: Vermont]
Donna Jean Offline

My 1st request was on Monday, needed a 48 hr notice so I requested for Wednesday afternoon, the response to me was...I will see the seller the next evening and will ask about the appt then (what about the 48 hr notice?) so the appt was confirmed Tuesday evening. I was met at the location on Wednesday by the listing agent with new keys to unlock the door, which didn't work, he said there had been an appt there earlier but how did they get in, he had the key that didn't work. So the appt was rescheduled for Thursday...rec'd the call Thurday the appt needed rescheduled because the lockbox with the key in it was stuck, new appointment for Friday, we made the appointment, my client decided he would make an offer but the disclosures weren't online so I requested them Friday evening...rec'd notification Saturday morning an accepted offer had been made. I don't at this time know who the buyer is or what agent/company represented them. This was my experience with this transaction.

Thank you for your ear, thoughts and suggestions !

#455137 - 10/26/16 01:11 PM Re: Approach to dealing with stall tactics [Re: Donna Jean]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Donna-Jean
". . . I don't at this time know who the buyer is or what agent/company represented them . . ."

You can always ask the Listing Agent point-blank (in a non oblique manner) if the Offer came from among his own Buyers or his Agency . . . . or if it was through another Agency (Co-Broker).

If s/he says "that's confidential" or simply refuses to answer, then you pretty much know what's happening; and can start fleshing it out.

This is one aspect of brokering where the interests of the Listing Agent diverge from the best interests of his/her Client Seller . . . . because there's more commission money to be made with a modest or low Offer when it's all kept "in-house" than there is to be made with a Full-Price Offer. The Seller loses; and would have a basis for suing for a violation of the fiduciary (if they knew about it).

I had one Seller's Attorney write me, as the Listing Broker, suggesting that I had presented a Low Offer to the Seller because I would make more money than if I shared the Commission with another Agency presenting a more desirable full price Offer.

That challenge got my attention and I had to respond that there was no other offer in the offing, and that his (and my) Client's over-priced property was a real dog anyway, and probably wouldn't ever be the recipient of a better offer offer, regardless of the source; but he's free to reject the Offer.

Not a peep followed; and the Seller accepted the Offer, we Closed, and he moved out-of-State. Thereafter, I kept even better notes, and always made doubly sure I wasn't restricting anyone's opportunity to fully present any of my Listings.

But I remember it well.

Good luck to you; and congratulations on seeing the potential conflict.

#455138 - 10/26/16 01:26 PM Re: Approach to dealing with stall tactics [Re: Vermont]
Donna Jean Offline

Thank You!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
MOFonts, D Kearney, mispoken, Deepak Goradia, koz
29170 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (MOFonts, nopeda, MoneyMaker, 1 invisible), 276 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27157672
No new orders today 12953488
Stupid MLS comments. 3205348
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1146597
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1020942
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 998561
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 789976
Let's talk about our cars 643961
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 581452