Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268008
No new orders today 13101608
Stupid MLS comments. 3276550
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189293
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061076
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028078
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822483
Let's talk about our cars 670865
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602674
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592268
Most common items found at an REO 575804
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440706
Main Street 419371
asset val seminar in colorado 407130
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340419
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306740
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#242448 - 08/05/08 12:57 AM Re: REOTRANS [Re: Gman]
King of Internet Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Midwest
i havent checked their website in a few months, just figured that if i had a nibble they would email me.

then yesterday, i see they took $9 out of my checking account, and i thought, i should go see how many views i have now.

i tried logging in, and it says i have to redo my account, and with starting over, i lost all my views, and now, i dont even know what they charged the 9 bucks for.

better go check it if you havent in a while.

Advertisements
#242470 - 08/05/08 07:04 AM Re: REOTRANS [Re: Gman]
jbt4re Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: SWI
OK, things are picking up for me on REOTrans, I now have a whopping two properties from the same AM on there. But like I said above, it's a company I worked with before that just switched to their platform. I don't necessarily think the ZIP codes are worth it and I cut mine back to about $5.00 a month.

#242478 - 08/05/08 08:27 AM Re: REOTRANS [Re: jbt4re]
Devenity Offline

Loc: Southeast
I had another agent in my area tell me that he gets an average of about 1 listing from REOTrans every two months. I have been signed up with 10 zips for the past 5 months and nothing yet.

#242762 - 08/06/08 10:49 AM Re: REOTRANS [Re: Gman]
Tmason Offline

Loc: Virginia
I use reotrans and don't have any problem getting assignments with many different companies. I have at least nine different companies I work with on reotrans.

Here's the key for the newbies in reotrans to get the business..
first find out who the companies are that use reotrans..IE..assetlink, litton, gmac, keystone, ect...then you need asset manager info from one of those companies and contact the asset manager for business. When AM's look at your stats you have nothing on it, no experience. You are being passed on for other agents who have a record of experience. Your profiles about yourself have little to do with getting the business. You can say anything you want about yourself, how do they know you are telling the truth, ( no offense to anyone). Your profile of yourself isn't what will get you the business.

Once you get in with some sort of AM from one of the many compaines that's uses reotrans, they will start assigning you agent B BPO's and they are usually what I call the "crap shacks." However, you need to do whatever comes your way because this is what gets you a recording on reotrans for other AM's to view. You will have to do a handful of crap shacks as agent B but after you paid your dues as a newbie to reotrans, you will eventually get a listing or two, then more. This is how it started with everyone I know who has reotrans. You MUST find a AM contact in today' market. We are saturated with REO agents and every good "reo" assigning company is about tapped out on accepting new agents. Find another way in!

I currently have 73 listings with reotrans and in September I will have been with them for one year. Gmac just dumped the rest of it reo's with assetlink and I am being assigned 40 new listings this week. This will bump me to having over a hundred listing with reotrans!Yes I have a team of agents who I have assisting me with the work load. Know what's going on in the mortgage world too, keep up with the merges and take overs so you know who to go too. Example...don't try and get in with CW anymore or Gmac or Indy....get in with the bank that is taking there business.

Inside tip: When a bank goes under..IE..gmac...and another takes over..IE assetlink...gmac's records do not go to assetlink, they can't....this means all those reo agents signed up with gmac but not assetlink are now out of luck and just got a drastic cut in business. However us assetlink agents are litterally getting double digit listings assigned because someone has to pick up the work load! Records do not transfer over to the new companies, including agent registrations!!!!Pay attention to what's going on with the banks and be ready to move fast when there is a merge or take over!!!!

Believe me, if I can do it, so can anyone else.

#242786 - 08/06/08 12:10 PM Re: REOTRANS [Re: Tmason]
OklaHome Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Thank you for the information.
www.oklaHOMEconnection.com

'Service is the rent we pay for being. It is the purpose of life and not something that should be done in our spare time.'

#242803 - 08/06/08 01:07 PM Re: REOTRANS [Re: OklaHome]
Rockstar Offline

Loc: IL
Tmason Thanks for the info, I've been with REOtrans for about 1 yr and only receive listings from one AM and bpo requests from other asset managers but no listings! What do you say to those AM to convince them to send you business?

#242822 - 08/06/08 03:18 PM Re: REOTRANS [Re: Rockstar]
Tmason Offline

Loc: Virginia
Rockstar-

you need to establish a relationship with the AM. In my case I simple ask for the business! I'd have to assume that I have enough of a working relationship with the same AM that I have the ability to just be bold. Lately I haven't had to ask for anything, however I have my moments.

I remember when I first started to get BPO's, I'd pay attention to who was my contact, it turned out that I had two contacts that were on most of the BPO's, so I simply sent them a nice email saying something like this...

" Hi Rob, I see that I have another BPO order, that's great, thank you for thinking of me. I was wondering after doing this order, I will have a number under my belt with you, do you think maybe you could throw a reo my way sometime soon. I'll even do a most unpleasent one for you that other agents would throw by the wayside. I'd like the opportunity to show you I know how to do a reo, not just BPO's. What do you think???? Am I getting any closer to that reo bone???? ;)"

Then when he didn't assign me a reo and I got another BPO...I jokingly sent another email..." that wasn't a bone, that's a nibble...:) Come on Rob, I know you assign those reo's....throw me a bone!

Then he did just that, my next order was a reo. The worst crap shack I've been in, it was nasty! I was like...GEE thanx Rob! That's what I get for asking he said! We laughed....the rest is history....he and one other AM feed me constantly.

now I have many other Am's and contacts too....but that's just an example....Here's a tip: I found that the AM's at assetlink and keystone are the friendliest AM's to do this with! All the other companies I work with now, came along well after working with keystone and assetlink, which are the two who helped build me on reotrans!

Hope that helps! Good luck.

#243013 - 08/07/08 12:11 PM Re: REOTRANS [Re: Tmason]
Rockstar Offline

Loc: IL
Thank you for the great info, you rock!

#243019 - 08/07/08 12:57 PM Re: REOTRANS [Re: Rockstar]
neighborpro Offline

Loc: Illinois
I just got a notice that Fnams Saxon files are to be completed on REOTrans.

What's going on?

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 77
Vermont 40
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 16
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10