Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 46
C21Mr.May 19
Daniel1234 17
Trouble 17
Z06Fanatic 13
RonnieEmz 11
David Hunter 10
zhenbuxianghua 9
VABroker 7
rjlocal22 6
nopeda 6
JohnN 5
sualk54 5
Bigtoe 5
Jake09 4
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#454605 - 09/22/16 11:18 AM mapping software
LND Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: San Francisco
Hey guys - So Streets and Trips is no more - what do you guys use for mapping software? I have an Android phone and Google is atrocious when it comes to providing directions....she leaves me in the ghetto with a simple "sorry, I'm offline" comment. Plus I want something that will plan the whole 30 subject route out for me. Are we using GPS? I just started driving and before that I did the inspections and had my partner take the pics, so this is new to me. RIP Microsoft Streets and Trips.............

Advertisements
#454624 - 09/22/16 07:42 PM Re: mapping software [Re: LND]
Greg Masson Online   content

Loc: Oregon
I have a GPS, actually my second one, first was worn out. I use Garmin, be sure yours has lane assist. It tells you what lane to be in if you have 2 left lanes. This way if you make an immediate right lane, you know to be in the right hand left turn lane. If you make a wrong turn, or a street is closed, it gets you back on track. I spend time the night ahead of time planning my route, then enter all of the address' into the GPS. My first GPA cost $99, and I truly believe I made that back within a month. Perhaps my best expenditure ever!

#454627 - 09/23/16 10:00 AM Re: mapping software [Re: LND]
LND Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks Greg. Yep, we will make it back for sure. I took 2yrs off during my divorce and am getting back, but doing the pics now, too. I loved having Streets and Trips as a back up - and with Google I needed it. What model Garmin do you use and how much did it cost? THANK YOU for the Lane Assist tip - as a newer driver I need the extra help with things like that.

#454697 - 09/26/16 01:26 PM Re: mapping software [Re: LND]
TheTexasGal Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: ^
I know I'm old school but I use MapQuest to map out the route then I plug the addys into my Garmin GPS. I just don't trust the GPS. I have a Garmin that has the updated maps feature. Ive had it for a couple of years but it was about $100.... and well worth it. BTW I used Streets & Trips for years... I loved it!

Edited by TheTexasGal (09/26/16 01:27 PM)

#454699 - 09/26/16 02:48 PM Re: mapping software [Re: LND]
Newton Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I couldn't live without my Garmin and not just for work. I use it daily for everything. So much better than the built in GPS's in two of our cars. I bring the Garmin into the house to load it up; no inputting and struggling in the car with the inferior car built in. I use it for vacation, visiting, whatever. I must have 50+ golf courses in it, bam, and I'm on my way.
I got one of the simpler 5" Garmins, no unnecessary garbage on it, and I never let it talk to me. I got music on usually. I put it in the lower left corner of the windshield where it's easy to see it but not in the way. I love it.
Yeah my phone too has it all but for ease of use and functionality the Garmin is the way to go.

Edited by Newton (09/26/16 02:49 PM)

#454751 - 09/28/16 01:13 PM Re: mapping software [Re: Newton]
LND Offline
Veteran Member

Thank you guys. I am old school, too. I prefer to have a paper map printed out just in case tech fails and I'm in the ghetto, lost. Then at least I can get to a busy area with wireless. I am female driving a Miata MX5 right now so I stick out. I need to get in and get out - well, you know how it goes..............:)

Seems like Garmin is the way to go. I also want to listen to music at the same time. Once I get used to the freeways more I should be able to do a quick dash glance. Right now the interchanges are so fast and scary here in the bay that I need verbal direction.

BTW I just bought 2010 Streets & Trips on eBay just for that print out map backup. Up until 2yrs ago I also had a Thomas Guide backup! we do what we must! It is our old school status that makes up the value-stars that we are!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
dreso, Agent315, TJ LYN, Nate76, sandeep123
29175 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (fdegree, Muniart), 310 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27192104
No new orders today 12960011
Stupid MLS comments. 3207435
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1147870
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1021384
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 999159
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 790451
Let's talk about our cars 644668
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 581733