Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#454392 - 09/11/16 08:38 AM Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? ****
blakeharvey Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hello everyone. Please let me know everything you all know about drones.

Advertisements
#454463 - 09/14/16 12:22 PM Drone photo and video for $100?
blakeharvey Offline

Hey guys i was wondering if yall would use drone video for only 100 dollars. Let me know thanks.

#454465 - 09/14/16 12:31 PM Re: Drone photo and video for $100? [Re: blakeharvey]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
$100 for drone video?? I guess it depends how good the quality is.

#454712 - 09/26/16 07:06 PM Re: Drone photo and video for $100? [Re: blakeharvey]
Kathy Landon Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
For high value homes, I've seen it done. For the more upscale properties they will get a drone to do aerial video/pictures for their advertising. It's a novelty, obviously wouldn't apply to all properties, but it's worth looking into for the right client.

#454761 - 09/28/16 04:57 PM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: blakeharvey]
Kathy Landon Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I've heard of people using drones to do aerial photos, or taking video by going around the house in circles and stuff. Besides using a drone with a good camera on it, I also saw a drone that you can attach your smartphone into and take pictures/video that way.

I've only seen it done on high value properties though, or commercial properties. Ones that would really bring a good commission and high end customers.

#455031 - 10/20/16 05:06 AM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: blakeharvey]
Grant Medich Offline

Loc: Rockford, MI
This is a fairly timely topic in my industry - home inspection.

A number of my colleagues jumped right into using them with no regard to legal implications. The FAA quickly decided it would involve itself in all commercial use of drones in the USA. However, it appeared to be dragging its feet in determining how it would address the issue.

Subsequently, a court order nullified the FAA's interest in the matter since it had not issued any guidance. In response, the FAA quickly issued guidelines in obtaining a waiver to FAA regulations (a section 333 waiver).

Now, effective August 29 of this year, the FAA has a certification process for commercial drone use. Known as their Part 107, Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Rule, it defines the manner by which operators may use drones for commercial use.

See: http://www.faa.gov/uas/

I do not currently own or operate a drone, but expect to do so soon enough. A good number of home inspectors are already pursuing certification.

I would advise any realtor to use a local, certified drone operator to perform photographic services as needed. Local home inspectors might be a good place to look for one.

Realtors who are interested in pursuing certification for themselves might enjoy offering these services to other members of their local REA.

#455083 - 10/24/16 09:12 AM Re: Drone photo and video for $100? [Re: blakeharvey]
Dan M Lee Offline

Loc: New York City
$100 is too cheap, the quality cant be that high for a price like that. We offer it for high ticket homes over $1.5m and above outside of New York but not for $100.

[url=http://realestatephotography.nyc/]http://realestatephotography.nyc/[/url]

Edited by Dan M Lee (10/24/16 09:13 AM)

#455085 - 10/24/16 09:17 AM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: Grant Medich]
Dan M Lee Offline

Realtors who run their own drones should check on the insurance they should have to protect themselves.

Its not about just buying a drone, passing the test and hey presto Im a pilot. Having insurance to fly one over a multi million dollar home is something to be very wise about,

If the realtor isnt covered they and their company is liable, and guess what commercial insurance isnt cheap.

[url=http://realestatephotography.nyc/]http://realestatephotography.nyc/[/url]

#455090 - 10/24/16 10:37 AM Re: Drone photo and video for $100? [Re: blakeharvey]
Grant Medich Offline

I think the price point of the service is definitely a regional issue. Too little in one area would be too much in another.

I expect the more valid point would be the kind of homes realtors would use the service for. Luxury homes definitely would be included. Large lots or acreage would be another good market to include. Of course, the more time you would spend videotaping, the more you would charge.

I've seen footage from some of the newer drones available, and they are definitely worthwhile from a marketing standpoint.

#455091 - 10/24/16 10:48 AM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: Dan M Lee]
Grant Medich Offline

That's a very good point, Dan. Oddly enough, I witnessed a drone failure this weekend which should not have been able to happen - according to the manufacturer.

One of the more popular drones available is programmed to keep a distance of several feet from nearby objects. I saw this very model at a cross country (running) meet where it was being used to record the finish line. The pilot somehow ran it into a pine tree. It took a nasty tumble, but fortunately did not fall on anyone nearby.

Its always important to be very familiar with all tools and equipment, and to gain that familiarity well before one uses them on the job. I am sure we will hear plenty of interesting anecdotes the more these contraptions become popular.

#455271 - 11/02/16 03:59 PM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: blakeharvey]
Dan M Lee Offline

We are a Real Estate Photography company and using drones is only any good to show off the grounds rather than a house.

Just a word of warning about the liability and useage of drones; we were on a shoot with another company that did the drone footage, half way through or at some point during the job. The drone took a very weird hard 90 degree right turn and flew into the balcony of the house. Smashing the units blades etc. Had someone been standing there it would have been a horrific damage to the person and the drone pilots reputation - I think drones have a few years to go before they are more reliable - just my 2 cents worth.

#455277 - 11/03/16 02:58 AM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: Dan M Lee]
Grant Medich Offline

As I hear about various drone mishaps, I sometimes wish I could know which models were observed failing. I know that the DJI Phantom series is very popular, and see them often in use. In fact, the incident I shared above involved a drone which appeared to be a Phantom. I have no idea which model, however.

I have reviewed FAA's flight rules for certified UAS pilots. I think the requirement of always have a controlled drone in sight of the pilot will be one of the hardest for home inspectors like myself to follow without fail.

Situations where a drone is safer/better than a ladder can require close-up shots which would move the drone beyond line-of-sight. This is exactly when something would tend to go wrong, of course.

#455283 - 11/03/16 04:35 AM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: Grant Medich]
Dan M Lee Offline

Its the DJI I hear most about - I guess thats the most popular though

#455290 - 11/03/16 08:00 AM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: Dan M Lee]
Grant Medich Offline

I expect a DJI company representative would ask if it was their series 3 or 4, then proceed to ask if it was standard, advanced, or professional models. They have so many to choose from, it would be difficult to know for certain unless the owner was making the inquiry directly.

I expect that DJI would promote the "professional" model as the only solution for commercial operators. It is significantly more expensive, but probably has more features designed to better serve professional users.

#455629 - 11/26/16 01:49 AM Re: Aerial Video and Photos? Drones? [Re: blakeharvey]
TheBPOExpert Offline

What is the best drone for the money right now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Venturepacific), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 11