Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271455
No new orders today 13101874
Stupid MLS comments. 3276740
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189494
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061201
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028226
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822760
Let's talk about our cars 671014
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602724
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592430
Most common items found at an REO 576041
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440750
Main Street 419463
asset val seminar in colorado 407197
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340449
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306793
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#454384 - 09/10/16 03:21 PM Rental Process - PLEASE HELP!!
omarads25 Offline

Loc: FL
hello everybody, i am a new real estate agent , i just started in a company but my broker is out of state and if something appears on that time i want to be ready for it , at least on rental. i just want to clarify few doubts i have about rental process.

1-if I am working with a client looking for rent ,they are properties on an MLs that the listing agent said : summit rental application with the offer. i found the rental application on the attachments , but for the offer there is a form for that? , i know that they have sometimes a link to ebrokerhouse.com, but this one doesnt have it. so , will the listing agent provide me that form or what ?

2- when is a condo (association ) they usually ask for an application also. at what time of the rental process that application appears? and who does it me , my client or the listing agent?

3-todays day in order to rent, clients have to have at least 3 months on there pockets ( , deposit, first month , and last month) usually commission will be 1/2 month each agent. At what time of the process that first month is hold on escrow acc ? and who hold it? and when the client have to pay the other two months?

thank you everybody ,, hope you guys helps me

Edited by omarads25 (09/10/16 04:32 PM)

Advertisements
#454387 - 09/11/16 01:52 AM Re: Rental Process - PLEASE HELP!! [Re: omarads25]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I don't know anything about the rental process in Florida; but I read your questions and realized that you're referring to every prospective Tenant as a "Client".

It's up to you and your Florida Broker of course; but I'd suggest that you refrain from calling anyone a "Client" unless and until you have a written contract to represent them. When they first walk in the door, they're mere Customers or prospective tenants; legally, they're not Clients.

The Landlords who've engaged a Listing Agent to represent them are actual Clients, and can expect a level of fiduciary responsibility from their Agents. Customers should not expect any such allegiance from the Agents they meet UNLESS a Contract is created to bind them to a Broker and his Agents.

Just using the word can have the effect of helping to create an "Implied Agency" in the mind of a Customer that s/he then comes to rely on (consciously or sub-consciously), when no such obligation was ever intended to exist . . . . but legally, the Courts may see it otherwise; and that would not be a good thing.

Just a suggestion to avoid trouble in the future.

#454388 - 09/11/16 05:37 AM Re: Rental Process - PLEASE HELP!! [Re: Vermont]
omarads25 Offline

ookkk Vermont , let me see. i really understand your point and why you are telling me this , i really appreciate the advice , BUT ,,, if you notice i was speaking HYPOTHECALLY, an using the word "client" as a person who engages the professional advice or services of another.
Also let me tell you something, this person i am working with have been doing business with me for 5 years on a different kind, and i sees him as a client it doesnt matter which part of the process I am, or what kind of business.
really appreciate your advice , but pls i also advice you that instead of been rectifying every spell on the forum , you will be more helpfull if we concentrate on the questions, and people needs .

Thank you for you help=0.

#454390 - 09/11/16 06:55 AM Re: Rental Process - PLEASE HELP!! [Re: omarads25]
fdegree Offline

Loc: Mid-Atlantic
I'm sure I don't have to do this...@Vermont is more than capable of defending himself. But, I feel I should support him here.

@omarads25, as anew agent, @Vermont was simply trying to help you understand how improper use of certain terms could possibly land you in serious trouble. While he didn't address your exact question, he was trying to help you. There is no way he could have known the past relationship you had with your customer/client. He acknowledged that he was not familiar with the rental process in Florida, but saw an opportunity to provide you with some valuable knowledge. So, in my opinion, your criticism of his attempt at educating you, is uncalled for...he was simply trying to assist you, as a new and inexperienced real estate agent.

For the record, I believe that @Vermont is spot-on 99% of the time, and as a new agent, it would be in your best interest to listen to what he has to say. It may help you...if not today, someday.

#454394 - 09/11/16 11:19 AM Re: Rental Process - PLEASE HELP!! [Re: omarads25]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Like I said this morning, it's "just a suggestion to avoid trouble in the future"; but you're certainly more than welcome to ignore it !

#455900 - 12/15/16 02:11 AM Re: Rental Process - PLEASE HELP!! [Re: omarads25]
Marion James Offline

If you are willing to buy a condominium or any property, you must consider having the services of any expert real estate agent. The services of this organization are quite notable regarding this aspect. I took their services for buying a luxury condominium and really became highly satisfied. Most of all, they charged reasonable prices for delivering their services.

#456753 - 02/23/17 03:58 AM Re: Rental Process - PLEASE HELP!! [Re: omarads25]
CentralFLbeepo Offline

Loc: Florida
I do property management in Florida. Here's what I do:

Prospective tenants fill out an application form once they have decided to rent a unit. There is no offer whatsoever. Once they have completed the application, I verify their employment and pay, call previous landlords, check court records for previous evictions or convictions, sex offender list. Once they are clear, I submit their application to the landlord along with my findings. Upon approval from the landlord, the tenants sign a lease.

In your case, the listing is from another office. Why not call them and say "Hey, I have a prospective tenant here and they have a copy of your application. Is there anything else they need for approval?"

I don't think there is a specific and designated point in time during a rental transaction to fill out an application for HOA. Again, if it's not your listing, call the listing agent.

Might be that every office is different but in my book, first month rent plus security deposit/pet deposit/other deposit are due on or before they day they move in. Deposits are held in escrow by our office. We hardly ever have landlords that ask for first/security AND last but I would suggest you call your broker on that.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis
29796 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 73
Vermont 40
estatereal 15
Trouble 15
Flare616 13
RonnieEmz 12
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 9