Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28308815
No new orders today 13116933
Stupid MLS comments. 3291718
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195495
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068798
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1032011
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825208
Let's talk about our cars 672650
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605187
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595627
Most common items found at an REO 581480
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442283
Main Street 424802
asset val seminar in colorado 408786
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341218
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310140
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#452950 - 06/06/16 07:14 PM Seller agent wants to double end the deal and asking buyer to pay commission
diamente Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, USA
This is in Los Angeles.

I am helping my mom who is a licensed real estate agent. She is representing a buyer bidding for a house in SoCAL. We put in an offer. The seller agent called back saying he wants to double end the deal. He is bidding against us because he is also bringing his own buyer to the deal. Since we represent our buyer, the seller agent has to split commission with us. However, he wants our buyer to pay 2.5% more to cover split commission.

I feel if we do not follow it, then he could just bring his own buyer and not take our offer.

I feel this is unethical and have not felt this much grieve before.

Advertisements
#452954 - 06/07/16 12:19 AM Re: Seller agent wants to double end the deal and asking buyer to pay commission [Re: diamente]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
How is the Offer of Compensation defined in the MLS ?

Print it BEFORE it gets revised by the LO !

PS: Is it possible that the Listing presented the subject Property to your Mom's Buyer prior to her contracting to become the Buyer's Agent; like at an Open House or via a Showing independent of your Mother ?

Edited by Vermont (06/07/16 12:05 PM)
Edit Reason: Added PostScript

#452971 - 06/08/16 05:48 AM Re: Seller agent wants to double end the deal and asking buyer to pay commission [Re: Vermont]
diamente Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, USA
The MLS listing says 2% for buyer's agent. This is for a $570K property in Socal. We are representing a buyer. We showed our buyer this property. We have been showing her many houses. There was no independent showing without my mom getting involved at least not this property. The buyer did not go to open house on this property.

I realized I probably did not write my post clearly. After we put in the offer, this seller agent called back and said he is going to counter all offers. He was fishing to see which agent would agree to his terms. One of the terms was he was bringing his own buyer and he was competing with us. He wanted to double end the deal.

He wanted me to ask my buyer if they would be willing to pay the buyer agent's commision of 2% fee. I realized he wanted to double end the deal even if a buyer's agent gets involved. The seller agent gets 5% no matter what. This is not stated in the MLS.

This is the part where I found it's not ethical.

In normal transaction, the seller agent would split the commission with the buyer's agent. The selling agent gets 3% and the buyer's agent gets 2% or whatever the negotiated amount is The sellers pays for both side's real estate agent commission. It is not happening like this in this case.

#452977 - 06/08/16 12:11 PM Re: Seller agent wants to double end the deal and asking buyer to pay commission [Re: diamente]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Would the Listing Agent be comfortable explaining his position to the Seller . . . . his Client ?

It sounds like he's willing to compromise the interest of his Client and jeopardize other prospective transactions in response to his own greed.

That's usually frowned upon.

#452985 - 06/09/16 01:06 AM Re: Seller agent wants to double end the deal and asking buyer to pay commission [Re: diamente]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
This might be technically considered a net listing. I bet the real estate commission would like to hear about it.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
JeanneSells4U, tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver, idxmatrix
29847 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (Mr. G, Jim Erickson, 4 invisible), 47 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 23
Mr. Clean 13
Trouble 9
Lucky Leonardo 9
estatereal 7
Bigtoe 7
HOT-TUB 5