Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
Realtors residuals

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28203990
No new orders today 13095542
Stupid MLS comments. 3272533
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1185858
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1058205
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1025098
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 820259
Let's talk about our cars 667608
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 601115
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 589161
Most common items found at an REO 571167
EML 459230
REOTRANS 438626
Main Street 417178
asset val seminar in colorado 406033
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 339220
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 305545
Evalonline 300066
Land America 285050
Mainstreet 261858
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#452141 - 04/26/16 12:53 PM Please help!! Not a realtor but my realtor has me in a bind :(
SonyaW13 Offline

Loc: The South
Hi everyone!

Just some disclaimers- I know that most realtors are wonderful and do a great job of selling and buying for their clients. I'm not looking to take my realtor's commission or do anything shady- I just need some serious help and advice! Thank you!! :)

We moved out of a small town where there are many homes on the market and no bites. Our realtor has been terrible with communication and we have to constantly remind him to do simple things that he said he would do. Several texts will go by before he ever gets around to uploading a picture or fixing a typo in our house description.

It actually took a full week after he said the house would be listed for it to be listed, and we never heard from him once in the meantime to explain or let us know.

Since it's a small town people just use him because he's the only one there, and (we know him personally- small town again, ha) he doesn't hustle too much getting the word out there because people just contact him when they want to buy or sell.

Our house is one of the nicer ones (with a deck and pool) and compared to the big city 45 minutes away it is a huge steal! Just doesn't fit into the clientele of this small town.

I say all this to say- we are in a contract with him and wishing we weren't... But since we are and we really need to sell our home, what would you suggest I could do to get the word out there? He never does open houses or anything, truly just lists them online and shares once on Facebook. We moved away so can't do open houses personally.

What can I personally do to get the word out? This would be a great home for people looking to move out of the expensive big city and commute or retire. Do people ever send realtors information on a home to make them aware it exists? I was thinking of potentially contacting some big city realtors with a quick flyer. It is in the MLS but I'd rather catch their eye instead of crossing my fingers that our home catches their eye in the database.

Thank you for reading this far! I would really appreciate any help I can get. We have to get this house sold!!

Advertisements
#452144 - 04/26/16 11:50 PM Re: Please help!! Not a realtor but my realtor has me in a bind :( [Re: SonyaW13]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
A typo or different picture is not going to hurt the sale. The pool is probably the deal killer. If pools are not common in your area then you might want to get prices on filling it in and advertise the house with or without the pool. Certainly do not ask more because of the pool. You have to give the pool away to get rid of it.

Other than that, price is always the selling factor. If you are not getting showings, you are overpriced.

Open houses don't sell houses, they get buyers for the listing agent.

#452209 - 04/30/16 04:32 AM Re: Please help!! Not a realtor but my realtor has me in a bind :( [Re: SonyaW13]
SoFLBroker Offline

Loc: Florida, Treasure Coast
What is the average days on market? What is the average sales price per square foot? How does your house compare to the averages and where is the house priced on the scale?

#452212 - 04/30/16 07:53 AM Re: Please help!! Not a realtor but my realtor has me in a bind :( [Re: SonyaW13]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: SonyaW13
". . . Just doesn't fit into the clientele of this small town . . ."

Is the Home overbuilt for that Area/Community . . . or look out of place ?

So it's unlikely that a local Resident would be interested in buying it ?

I'll second BigToe regarding that Pool. Often, the Pool will add little or no value; while it greatly reduces the marketability of the Property. Many, or most people, recognize the Pool as just another maintenance headache, and Insurance Companies see it as an "Attractive Nuisance" and will have to charge an increased Premium for the increased Liability risks involved.

What originally attracted you to that same Property and Community . . . . or did you build it there ?

#452259 - 05/02/16 01:55 PM Re: Please help!! Not a realtor but my realtor has me in a bind :( [Re: SonyaW13]
LizL Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
BigToe and Vermont are correct. You may be overbuilt for the local market. Having said that, though, I would also agree that price is always the mover of property.

Really, the biggest bang for your buck is always MLS. Next to that is the yard sign. If your property is on MLS and your agent is a Realtor, it should also be rolling to the major real estate sites: Realtor, Zillow, Trulia. Do a search on each of those sites and see how the listing looks. If it is not showing up, your agent is either not participating in syndication or is not a Realtor. Syndication is very important nowadays.

If your property's listing is syndicated, sending it to brokers in nearby towns is not needed. It's already there any time they search your town or county.

Facebook helps sometimes, as does Craigs List, but most buyers eventually find their way to an agent; and the agent searches MLS, still making that the best marketing tool out there when the MLS also rolls to syndication. Most buyers now search Zillow and Trulia on their own, even when they have already hooked up with a local agent. It all goes back to the local MLS, unless a buyer is looking for a For Sale By Owner (usually because they mistakenly think that's the way to get a killer deal).

No amount of marketing is going to sell a house that is over-priced, though.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shari Mack, MikePerez, Lenee, leaftanya12, Jml0222
29715 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
simon94bob 31
RPR 26
Midlands BPO Guy 21
Vermont 16
Lucky Leonardo 15
Trouble 14
estatereal 13
Mr. Clean 10
Z06Fanatic 8