Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Barbara Herbert 31
Dripping Springs 30
Vermont 24
Mr. Clean 23
Lucky Leonardo 23
RonnieEmz 21
Trouble 19
WolfHouse 17
Z06Fanatic 15
Marksmith 13
Daniel1234 9
Aliya 8
David Hunter 8
RandomREODudeOK 7
rjlocal22 5
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451687 - 03/30/16 05:35 PM Came up with a great script to get a buyer in your office first
KW Gerald Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but since many incoming phone calls come from online sources I figured that "Net Success" is the right subforum. Anyway, here goes:

YOU: "It's a great day at ___________, this is _____ speaking, who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?"

BUYER: "Yeah, I'm calling about the home on __________. Is it still available?"

YOU: "That's a great property, we've had quite a few calls on that already. Let's do this... So that I don't waste any of your time, let me check and see if that home is still available. If not, I'll let you know what we DO HAVE that's available, and also what's coming up over the next few weeks. It should only take a couple of minutes. Are you calling from your home, work, or cell?

BUYER: "Cell".

YOU: "And that number is? (888)555-1212 And how do I spell your last name? (Robinson) And your first name?" (James)

Great! Now while I'm checking on that home James, let me ask, is it specifically and only THAT home you are interested in, or would you be open to others, especially if I had something really nice coming up that might be a great value for your money?"

If they say that's the only home, move in for the appointment at your office.

If they say they are open to others, start with qualifying the home:

QUALIFYING

* Are you looking for a 3 bedroom, or do you need more rooms than that?

* In general, do you prefer single story homes or two story homes?

* Would you prefer something under a ______ acre, or over that amount?

* Is the school district a deciding factor?

You can use plenty of different qualifying questions. But try to ask at least 4 of them. This sets you off from other agents, who for the most part, have zero idea of how to take a phone call properly.

Then, ask this LAST QUESTION:

* James, regardless of price, what's the ONE THING that your new home absolutely has to have above all else?

By this time you've discovered his dominant buying motives, and now you can go for the appointment.

YOU: "James, on second thought, hold on for just a few moments. I'll have your answer for you on that house." PUT ON HOLD FOR NO LESS THAN 10 SECONDS AND NO MORE THAN 20 SECONDS".

YOU: "James, great news, not only is that home available, but I also have availability on a few other homes that matched the criteria you indicated as being important to you. Speaking of availability, when are you more available, today at 2:15, or would this evening at 5:45 work better for you?"

IF NEITHER TIME WORKS... "Hey, you know your schedule better than I do. You pick the time."

YOU: "Ok, James, I have you down for _____ this afternoon for a brief get together, where we can simply have a coffee and discuss your options. Do you know where our office is located?

GIVE THEM DIRECTIONS, EVEN IF THEY SAY THEY DON'T NEED THEM. THEN FOLLOW UP BY TELLING THEM YOU WILL BE TEXTING THEM YOUR CONTACT INFO IN CASE THEY NEED TO MOVE THE APPOINTMENT UP OR BACK, AND THAT YOU WILL EXTEND THE SAME COURTESY TO THEM.

YOU: "James, real quick before you hang up. How did you hear about us?" -- ALWAYS A GREAT IDEA TO TRACK YOUR LEADS

--------------------------------------

I got this script from a guy who sells cars. Those guys get HAMMERED with objections left and right all day. Much more so than us Agents.

Anyway, if the mods in charge need to move this, so be it. But I thought that if this can help all you phone warriors with your inbound buyer calls then so be it. I know it's upped my appointment setting percentages a staggering amount.

It's also done two very important things:

1. It keeps you from driving all around town showing dozens of properties. It's actually very easy to limit it to maybe 3 or 4 which can put keep your dollar per hour productivity up high.

2. EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY... How many other agents do you think would actually do a script like this for incoming phone calls? Even if you do this script all day every day, your potential clients don't know that. All they hear is that someone CARED ENOUGH TO ASK QUESTIONS IMPORTANT TO THEM. <<< Client for life!

Advertisements
#451690 - 03/30/16 05:46 PM Re: Came up with a great script to get a buyer in your office first [Re: KW Gerald]
KW Gerald Offline

OOPS, forgot to add, "ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING WITH AN AGENT?"

Kinda important.

#451724 - 04/01/16 05:56 AM Re: Came up with a great script to get a buyer in your office first [Re: KW Gerald]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: KW Gerald
OOPS, forgot to add, "ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING WITH AN AGENT?"

Kinda important.

why is this important?
We are taught that once a buyer is coerced into signing a ba contract they are obligated to work with that agent regardless of whether they want to or not. If they are talking to other agents then they are obviously not happy with their agent which means they signed the ba under false pretenses. Such contracts are not valid.

buyers who are forced to sign a ba just to see a house can not be held to the contract, this is coercion and voids the contract.

Buyers have a choice as to who they work with regardless of what we are taught.

#451765 - 04/01/16 09:34 PM Re: Came up with a great script to get a buyer in your office first [Re: Bigtoe]
KW Gerald Offline

I agree with your point on that, but at least out here they strenuously insist on asking that question. Maybe because they don't want any inter-office squabbles.

Edited by KW Gerald (04/01/16 09:35 PM)

#453813 - 08/08/16 12:45 PM Re: Came up with a great script to get a buyer in your office first [Re: Bigtoe]
Jazzercise Offline

Loc: CT
Not in my state. I can't show houses that aren't listed with my broker to someone I do not represent. So it isn't coercive, it is the law. Other states operate under different rules. A signed rep agreement is mandatory for us though. It doesn't have to be for six months, it can be for the day or for one specific property. However, I wouldn't waste my time running around showing properties to someone if I didn't represent them anyway.

#457794 - 05/16/17 05:25 AM Re: Came up with a great script to get a buyer in your office first [Re: KW Gerald]
Aliya Offline

Loc: US
I agree with your point on that

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Realtors, kizzme, chanel majic, JakeA, dew72
29470 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28090823
No new orders today 13085204
Stupid MLS comments. 3264846
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1179008
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1050743
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1020626
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 815829
Let's talk about our cars 662718
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 598197