Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28272723
No new orders today 13101952
Stupid MLS comments. 3276806
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189533
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061265
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028272
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822791
Let's talk about our cars 671085
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602733
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592472
Most common items found at an REO 576153
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440766
Main Street 419496
asset val seminar in colorado 407207
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340458
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306819
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451682 - 03/30/16 07:41 AM Former realtor employer taking commission
Christopher909` Offline

Loc: California
Hi everyone so recently decided to sell my house, live in a fairly nice area realtors come around and leave cards and all that fun stuff, talk to one realtor, he is very nice get his card and number by the time i called him he moved to another company, and his former company he work for is taking his commission, Ive never signed any paper work with the company taking his commission and we signed with the other company and his partner is still making her commission, personally i would not like to pay a cent to the people taking his commission for them doing no work but for stealing his money he earned, the company that taking his money even called me and tryed to tell me im with them not the current company im with, i told them, basically to [censored] off in the nicest way possible, explained i basically never heard besides seeing there ads on bus stops and never sighed paperwork with them, and if they want to continue to to badger to me they can talk to my lawyer, and that end them telling me i was with them, So basically want to ask what you guys think about this issue and how i can basically help the only person thats helped me though the process of the sell.

Advertisements
#451684 - 03/30/16 08:34 AM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: Christopher909`]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
I started reading that mess and gave up. Then I glanced through it and discovered the only period is at the end. That is one heck of a run on sentence. Good luck getting advice on here!

#451685 - 03/30/16 10:16 AM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: Christopher909`]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
If his house sells, Christopher might find himself legally owing a Commission to BOTH Agencies; if he never cancelled the 1st Listing before entering into a 2nd Agreement.

#451707 - 03/31/16 06:48 AM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: Christopher909`]
KeepinitREALTOR Offline

Loc: Mountain West, USA

So, Christopher, questions:
How were you selling the house? By owner or did you list with an agency? From what I can read, you have a buyer and are closing now? Who brought you the buyer? You got your own buyer? The agent that helped you brought the buyer? Who is writing or has written the sales contract? What paperwork have you signed? Did you sign a seller's representation agreement? Did you sign a broker's compensation agreement?

We need more info to know who you agreed to pay in the first place, but I'm sure we can help you figure it out.

#451841 - 04/06/16 06:42 AM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: Christopher909`]
FENIX Offline

Loc: Phoenix
I think an important question to ask (aspiring real estate agent here) is does the realtor that moved to another company get to take his leads with him. If those leads stay with the company (some companies do this) then there's nothing that can be done particularly if this is company policy. If this (the company keeping the leads) is not company policy, you could take it all the way to the real estate commissioner and submit a written complaint. In Arizona, ALL written complaints submitted to the real estate commissioner HAVE to be investigated. How thorough the investigation is carried out is at the discretion of the commissioner. I'm not a real estate agent, but I'm working on my license and I've studied my wife's book.

#451889 - 04/08/16 03:12 AM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: Christopher909`]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Fenix, Boards of Realtors typically have grievance committees and mediation committees to work through buyer/seller complaints with agents and to work with agents complaints with agents. That's usually the best approach to start with. Jumping up and filing a complaint with the real estate commission is usually the last thing anybody wants to do.

A Realtor who runs to the state level before absolutely exhausting all over avenues to settle a beef is likely committing career suicide. Here, that Realtor would not be wanted by any Broker because they couldn't trust him/her and other Realtors would run from showing that Realtor's listings.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#451902 - 04/09/16 12:31 AM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: FENIX]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: FENIX
  If this (the company keeping the leads) is not company policy, you could take it all the way to the real estate commissioner and submit a written complaint. .

in nc, the real estate commission would not look at this complaint, they only deal with real estate/license law and not with money sqabbles amongst agents.

#452061 - 04/20/16 05:32 AM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: Bigtoe]
shawtuse Offline

Loc: Nebraska
I've not yet received my license. So someone more familiar could correct me if I'm wrong:

A salesperson is an agent of their broker and not the (broker's) client and any work they do is done for their broker. So that when a salesperson leaves a broker, their work stays with the broker and thus in my freshman opinion, the former broker of your salesperson is entitled to the commission.

#452091 - 04/21/16 07:07 PM Re: Former realtor employer taking commission [Re: Christopher909`]
KeepinitREALTOR Offline

Loc: Mountain West, USA
I think it's hilarious people want to hash this thing out when the OP didn't even clearly establish what kind of paperwork was signed by whom.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
HR VerdeMFS, PMacpherson, Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225
29798 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (KandyC, Jim Erickson, 1 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 68
Vermont 37
estatereal 15
Trouble 12
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Flare616 9
waka 9
Analog Man 8