Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 45
Lucky Leonardo 25
Trouble 17
estatereal 17
AgentAlam 15
RonnieEmz 13
Z06Fanatic 13
Nikole 12
David Hunter 11
WolfHouse 11
Mr. Clean 10
C21Mr.May 9
TheBPOExpert 8
Bigtoe 8
Chrispy 8
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451323 - 03/16/16 05:49 AM Title company didn't send my brokerage commission!!!
June2012 Offline

Loc: FL
Never ever encountered such a title company!!! Guys, there's no way to make the story short! The first time I helped a CASH buyer acquire a HUD home near Orlando. We asked the listing agent to recommend a Closing agent because we couldn't find any that registered with HUD. An attorney's office came highly recommended. After talking to the initial contact person, everything seemed good and well but the emails to the closing agent were unanswered. Long story short, we had to extend the contract and the closing agent agreed to pay for the extension fee. I accepted that Closing agent said government paperwork is much and hard to do. I didn't know better. i never closed a HUD home before. Alarming facts, she told me "It was her first time doing HUD closing" "there's only one page in the contract she needs to read" asking me our contact info every time.i asked to talk to the supervisor, receptionist told me that Closing agent was it.I asked to talk to the initial point of contact, receptionist came back and told me that POC said I needed to talk to the Closing agent. I asked to talk to the person that hired her. receptionist said she didn't know. All this time, PEMCO was fast and responsive. They even waived the extension fee the first time. She wrote an expected date and didn't produce closing statement when the date came close. I questioned her why she had to wait till the last minute, no response. Closing agent issued a HUD statement missing home owner association fee saying she didn't order an Estoppel! At the very last minute! Buyer wouldn't accept it! Well justified! I got Listing agent involved because I was afraid HUD wouldn't extend closing for a CASH buyer again and the buyer would lose her deposit. She obviously never read the HUD contract or didn't bother. At one point, i had to relay PEMCO's message that she had to email the correction back instead of uploading it in the portal.I could tell she hated me from her tone whenever I talked to her( I always had to call because she don't respond by emails. It was such an unpleasant thing to have to chase her down.) I even secretly believe that she's got Alzheimer. One time the receptionist slipped and told me that she's the mother of the initial contact. Anyway, we closed. Hurray! I emailed her about my commission and she responded that she would overnight it. That was 2 weeks ago. I emailed her for the tracking number. No response! Buyer emailed and left her voicemail for paperwork she promised to deliver, no response, either. What should I do? I can just see my inquiry get passed around like before. I don't believe a word the listing agent that it never happened. I would like to see them never do another HUD closing. The fact that they withhold HUD's money for whatever private agenda they have is, I don't know, is that criminal?

Advertisements
#451335 - 03/16/16 03:05 PM Re: Title company didn't send my brokerage commission!!! [Re: June2012]
Analog Man Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Tampa Bay
Originally Posted By: June2012
Guys, there's no way to make the story short! l

Using paragraphs would help make the "long story" easier to read.......

#451336 - 03/16/16 05:35 PM Re: Title company didn't send my brokerage commission!!! [Re: June2012]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I'll second that idea . . . . there's a lot of valuable information in that Post; but a single 500 word paragraph will cause many readers to never start. I've been known to get lost if not fed in bite size portions.

But I also recognize that you were understandably quite agitated when composing these thoughts . . . . that's why the Forum allows us 6 hours to go back and takes off the rough edges (which I frequently do myself).

Originally Posted By: June2012
". . . What should I do? I can just see my inquiry get passed around like before . . ."

Maybe they need a little inquiry about this from the Florida Real Estate Commission, or the Banking and Insurance Commission . . . . or if she's actually an Attorney, a courtesy call from the Florida Bar Association ?

#451555 - 03/23/16 03:09 PM Re: Title company didn't send my brokerage commission!!! [Re: June2012]
June2012 Offline

Loc: FL
Just to update you guys that I finally got my check today, after 3 weeks of calling and emailing. This is after I got the listing agent involved (he got paid in 3 days) and my buyer threatened to visit them.They still lied to me that they sent the check but they sent it to my satellite office, which never arrived. They then said the check was returned because they wrote the wrong address. Finally, they sent me the FedEx tracking number after I asked many times for it. I think they never sent it in the beginning until just 2 days ago.

This is a law firm and everyone there was incompetent and rude. I can just sense it on the phone they really don't care. I learned from another agent in my office that he experienced the same thing with another law firm. So far, only 10% of the law firms I came in contact with did an outstanding job v.s. 80% of the Title companies.

Vermont, you're right I was agitated to have to chase after my hard earned money. The seller had already paid me but a lousy middle man was holding my money to make a few extra cents.

Edited by June2012 (03/23/16 03:22 PM)

#451556 - 03/23/16 04:43 PM Re: Title company didn't send my brokerage commission!!! [Re: June2012]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I'm glad for you. All's well that ends well . . . . what a crock that is !

Your story reminds me of a Law Firm up here that had a little problem with Funds Management during this last Real Estate downturn.

The Principal Partner Attorney had been spending a lot of his Firm's Lawyers Trust Account, and when a Mortgage Payoff was processed a little faster than he expected, and there weren't sufficient funds in the Firm's Trust Account to cover it . . . . it bounced, triggering an Audit.

That resulted in a full investigation of the sources and uses of their Escrow Accounts, and the discovery was made that a few million dollars were missing.

Until that point, I (and most other local Brokers) had thought that an Attorney's Trust Account Check was just as good as a Cashiers Check, a Money Order, or a Bank Check. NOT SO; the Bar Association guarantees Attorney's Escrow Account checks as a courtesy and to maintain good Public Relations (read that "Image") . . . . but they're not obligated to do so, and they won't do it to cover large amounts lost due to Fraud.

So our Attorney Friend, who thought he could recover the lost Funds when the market picked up, lost his License to Practice Law and got 6 months in the slammer and a few million due in restitution, and all of his Partners had to go elsewhere. But he's bankrupt and in treatment for substance abuse. I gather that the Insurance Company that provided the Attorneys' equivalent of E&O or Legal Malpractice is slowly paying off what will never be paid by the culprit . . . . who no longer drives a Mercedes Convertible.

So I'm glad for you . . . . here's hoping the Check Clears !

#451559 - 03/23/16 05:53 PM Re: Title company didn't send my brokerage commission!!! [Re: Vermont]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Interesting. I, too, have had trouble but with closing companies (not law firms) from ones 'up north' from me. They, too, have lied saying it was 'mailed out yesterday'. Then, when it finally does arrive, you can see the postmark date was well past the day they said they sent it.

Closing companies in my locality are much more civil and proper. Only trouble I have now is when I've done a transaction with them, my old address is still in their computer system instead of checking it against the current transaction to see if I have moved at all. Double checking does not seem to be a civil and proper thing to do.

I always double-check, triple check, quadruple check to the point it's made me OCD.

#452690 - 05/23/16 10:02 AM Re: Title company didn't send my brokerage commission!!! [Re: June2012]
TriangleNCBroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I had a closing attorney stop payment once. NOT GOOD. A few subtle threats caused a new check to appear.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
RERocks, Callnovo, Nancy Smith, ReliantAdjusters, ThePerfectTitle
29350 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (GhostHunterJim, Daniel1234, sualk54, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28048609
No new orders today 13081312
Stupid MLS comments. 3263301
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1177333
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1049217
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1018991
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 814577
Let's talk about our cars 661294
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 597544